Pictures/Videos taken with your 920!

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I just compared skydrive pic to one transferred to my PC directly and the skydrive one is slighty softer with shadows more light. Not a huge difference, but definetly noticeable to me. And this is with my phone settings on best quality for sky drive

This is exactly what i am seeing. Pics that are uploaded directly from phone to skydrive with best quality end up being worse than those that are uploaded from phone to PC.

Other think i noticed in those skydrive pics is that when you view original size pic and zoom in, there is that strange looking noise which makes pic look fuzzy. That same noise is not visible in those pic that are not uploaded directly from phone to skydrive.

Last edited:

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
can someone please post a comparison between the L920 and SGS3 picture quality?

Yes Nokia will release an update for the daylight pics but the SGS3 pictures are brighter and much more sharper which really pisses me off! I will try to post some pics between my L920 and friends SGS3 later

kathryncheng

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
hello guys... thanks for all your uploaded pictures... I personally cant wait for this phone to be available here in Australia so I can get one.

there are lots of reasons why the some photos would look softer than the others... it could be the computer screen or software capabilities of computer too. I used to have this issue with one of my olympus camera that when I open a photo on a full resolution on windows picture viewer it always comes out blurry... but if I open the same full resolution picture to adobe photoshop or any proper editing software.. you can see the difference straightaway that it is more vivid and colors are way better. Unless of course if you resize this photos to smaller resolution and they should view pretty good in a standard picture viewer software. Lastly, when actually printing this supposedly softer images always comes out a lot better than the pictures that look sharper in the computer. Only my observation.

roxxette

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
WOW camera quality is disgusting :eek: im about to make the change to lumia 920 and thank god i dont care about taking pictures/videos but my 4s looks much better in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zolgi

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
WOW camera quality is disgusting :eek: im about to make the change to lumia 920 and thank god i dont care about taking pictures/videos but my 4s looks much better in that regard.

I think you iPhone only wins NOW in daylight photos. So 920 2-1.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

This isn't what my brother with an iP5 thinks.

He was asking to trade last night.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I solved mystery of fuzzy images in skydrive.

Skydrive uses some kind of compression on those preview images and it makes photos appear smeared. Just right click above that preview image and select "View original". It opens new browser window and photo appears sharp. :) Click between browser tabs and difference is very clear.

There is nothing wrong in Lumia 920 camera. Makes me happy :D
Always room for improvements of course.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I solved mystery of fuzzy images in skydrive. Skydrive uses some kind of compression on those preview images and it makes photos appear smeared. Just right click above that preview image and select "View original". It opens new browser window and photo appears sharp. :) Click between browser tabs and difference is very clear.

I was just about to add this info. You beat me to it! :p

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I solved mystery of fuzzy images in skydrive.

Skydrive uses some kind of compression on those preview images and it makes photos appear smeared. Just right click above that preview image and select "View original". It opens new browser window and photo appears sharp. :) Click between browser tabs and difference is very clear.

Always room for improvements of course.

I don't think there is any compression in slideshow view. They look the same as the original, just a bit smaller. What really matters is the upload settings on the phone and that you upload uncompressed over a wifi connection.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8560F87444CC306D!1436
thought I would share some more images :)

went to a Halo 4 launch event :)

taken under street lights no flash
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8560F87444CC306D!1734
over exposed this one to give an effect :p
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8560F87444CC306D!1780
and a really nice depth of field shot
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8560F87444CC306D!1758

hope you guys like :)
Nice photos! Love the DOF on the handgun!

aceattorneymvp

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I was ready to jump to the iPhone 5 when I read wpcentral's latest article about the 920's camera. It's true, post-processing can help a GREAT deal.

In fact, as a photographer, I make sure I process all of my photos from my DSLR - why not from my phone?

It's a hassle sometimes, but totally worth it, I think.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I was ready to jump to the iPhone 5 when I read wpcentral's latest article about the 920's camera. It's true, post-processing can help a GREAT deal.

In fact, as a photographer, I make sure I process all of my photos from my DSLR - why not from my phone?

It's a hassle sometimes, but totally worth it, I think.
I agree. I've been using the Creative Studio right after I take most pics. Like you said, totally worth it! :cool: The main reason I purchased the 920 was for it's camera. I can't seem to put this "cameraphone" down for more than 10 minutes! So glad I got the 920!

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Let me state up front that I admit - my iPhone 4 over-saturates pictures.

But when comparing pictures with it and the 920 indoors, the 920 is CLEARLY clearer but the iPhone's colors are CLEARLY better. Like I said, I know it's over-saturating but the 920 under-saturates a TON. I've yet to take any pics out in the bright outdoors yet. I hope this can be fixed with a patch (and soon - I only have so many days to return the phone to AT&T). But the camera is 90% of the reason I got the phone and 90% of Nokia's marketing for this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99