Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I wanted to take my Lumia 920 for a nice test run, so I went outside to see how it actually performs in low lighting conditions... all I gotta say, is that it performs extremely well. The two pictures below I took without flash, and there was only a few street lights on... look at how well it light up the pictures... I didn't retouch these at all.

**Updated pictures

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_20121030_006.jpg   wp_20121030_007.jpg  
    Last edited by unity04; 10-30-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Those are impressive! Having a lowlight capable phone camera is going to be great...

Hope you keep enjoying your new 920!

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unity04 View Post
    I wanted to take my Lumia 920 for a nice test run, so I went outside to see how it actually performs in low lighting conditions... all I gotta say, is that it performs extremely well. The two pictures below I took without flash, and there was only a few street lights on... look at how well it light up the pictures... I didn't retouch these at all.

Quick note: I didn't try to auto focus when taking the pictures (snapped them and ran back inside because of the cold)
    I have to use a professional photography studio's light equipment to take pictures outside with my iphone :(
    Wow. Nice work unity. Nice Honda as well. Now go to bed so you can get that phone swapped out first thing in the morning.
    Thanked by:
    danv28 

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Wow. Nice work unity. Nice Honda as well. Now go to bed so you can get that phone swapped out first thing in the morning.
    Unity wasn't the one with the scuffed bezel.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,521 Global Posts
    The Pureview camera is outstanding with night shots. My wife has a Nokia 808 PureView. Here's a night time picture from it:

2012-09-08-0026.jpg by bpalandri, on Flickr
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Unity wasn't the one with the scuffed bezel.
    I know. He does however have dead pixels.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Really grainy and blurry. The are certainly more usable than any other smartphone camera, my phone is useless in the dark.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Really grainy and blurry. The are certainly more usable than any other smartphone camera, my phone is useless in the dark.
    That's due to him not allowing it to focus.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    That's due to him not allowing it to focus.
    While I still have my phone, let me go take some better pics. Will post up in within the next few minutes.
    Thanks,
    Daniel
    Winterfang likes this.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Here are 5 new photos, unedited (only cropped and covered license plates and house numbers).

Thanks,
    Daniel

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MANY TREES CARS AND HOUSES INSIDE OF YOUR LIVING ROOM?!?!

I am assuming these were all taken in your living room because of the awesome lighting.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts

This is great, is very grainy and the colors are kind of unnatural but totally usable on facebook. Those moon shots are always so bad in my phone.

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Looks like a storm's brewing in the second pic (after the update)! I think that's due to the 920 making some of the night photos really light. Thanks for the pics.

If you have the opportunity, can you get some regular daylight photos? All I've seen are nighttime ones, and I'm curious as to how the 920 measures up to the 808 in daytime conditions.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Click to view quoted image

This is great, is very grainy and the colors are kind of unnatural but totally usable on facebook. Those moon shots are always so bad in my phone.
    That is not a full resolution picture. Blame tinypic.
    WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MANY TREES CARS AND HOUSES INSIDE OF YOUR LIVING ROOM?!?!

I am assuming these were all taken in your living room because of the awesome lighting.
    you need to get out more. All Canadians have trees and what not in their living rooms.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Thanks for these! They look great especially compared to what I use now. Can I also request for well lit photos? Just want to see as the ones posted on other threads have been lackluster. Of course itddoesn't necessarily have to be on this specific thread. Thanks again

Global Posts
    2,088 Global Posts
    That third one looks straight up Batman!
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Should have uploaded somewhere else like IMGUR so they didn't get compressed to ****.

Thanks! I especially like the second onen from your (unedited) second set, looking out into the street.

But ... But ... are you sure that there weren't accidentaly some floodlights standing around when you took them? ;)
    Happy WP user :P

Very nice. The fact that a phone camera can take pictures of that sort at night is great.

Global Posts
    777 Global Posts
    These are high compressed images. Upload to better sites.

Thanks Unity for the sample shots. They look great. Swaying my decision towards Nokia instead of Samsung.

Negativefang always gotta be so negative.

Quote Originally Posted by unity04 View Post
    Here are 5 new photos, unedited (only cropped and covered license plates and house numbers).

The pics look awesome.. can't wait to get my hands on a 920. Will have to find someone coming from US or Europe. I am in India. They just launched the 900 a couple of weeks back!!! NOKIA get your act together and launch 920 immediately in India!!!

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katamari201 View Post
    Why do all the photos look like paintings? Especially the clouds. The light sources are super HDR mode or something and super red. It's much better than the pitch black nothingness that most cameras show, but the night shots on the lumia 920 are just weird. It looked just as strange on the official shots and other night pictures.
    Because tinypic. Lower resolution/compressed. He should use like imageshack or imgur.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast