Windows Phone 8: A few things that bother me and questions I have

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
As much as I love the 920 and Windows Phone 8, there's still a few things in the OS that I wish Microsoft addressed. Things that bother me/I've noticed/looking for work arounds:

* No way to turn off application indexing once the amount of applications you have surpasses 45 (has anyone found a work around for this?)

* No all in one standard application for alarm, stop watch, or timer (even non-smartphones come with these features)

* No individual volume control for separate sound functions

* When will all the new Windows Phone 8 applications be rolling out? I don't see any of them in the Store

Another thing I'm curious about- in some HTC 8X videos it shows the weather on the lockscreen.. is this exclusive to the HTC Hub? Any Lumia owners find out how to get the weather on your lock screen?

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
There are live wallpapers for weather. Not sure how to get them. They may be in your settings somewhere or you may have to download them. I agree with the volume problem. That's actually how I got the independentvolume name. Lol. Not sure what you mean by app indexing.

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
There are live wallpapers for weather. Not sure how to get them. They may be in your settings somewhere or you may have to download them. I agree with the volume problem. That's actually how I got the independentvolume name. Lol. Not sure what you mean by app indexing.

App indexing is when there's an alphabetical list in your app list.. like [a] [c], etc.. I like it when there's no letters splitting up the apps

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
App indexing is when there's an alphabetical list in your app list.. like [a] [c], etc.. I like it when there's no letters splitting up the apps

I see. Doing that takes the fun out of finding a decent app for every letter though. Haha. I'm kinda anal when it comes to unmatching tiles.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The live weather lock screen you've been seeing is an HTC exclusive. But there's no reason why a regular weather app, such as Weather Flow, can't also update to have this same kind of functionality. I've read nothing that says that live lock screens are relegated to only certain MS-approved apps, so ostensibly any app can support it.

The WP8 apps should be coming in time. Remember only a few developers were granted access to the SDK early.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The indexing thing wasnt there when WP7 was initially released i believe (It was only with the contacts), but they put it in there in I think the Nodo (first major update) release because if your app list got so long it was super retardedly annoying to have to endessly scroll your list to find the app, especially if you had something at the end of the list.......

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
* No individual volume control for separate sound functions

Is this still not fixed? I thought it was supposed to be addressed in WP8. That's going to annoy me a bit.

Also, I'm jealous of you Canadians getting such an early access to WP8 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo