Come on AT&T.

kumarblogs

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
ATT & APPLE Conspiracy

Dude, this entire thing looks like a conspiracy between ATT and APPLE. ATT such a big telecom vendor can't even have a strategy when to release dates and pricing on a product which is most awaited for ? Such a shame on their operating and marketing principles.

There is a proverb. Strike the Iron when it is hot. Now, my anxiety and Euphoria have gone down. I still want to get an 920, but not what I used to think a week ago. Nokia, on the other hand had no choice except to go with ATT, since it has most penetration. I bet, quite a percentage of people may be thinking to buy other phones.

This is what happens if we let monopoly in any industry. Apple. Now ATT. All we can do is just keep refreshing wpcentral.com home page to hear the good news that ATT is now enrolling pre orders. :)

God Bless us. And America. but not ATT. lol.

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Dude, this entire thing looks like a conspiracy between ATT and APPLE. ATT such a big telecom vendor can't even have a strategy when to release dates and pricing on a product which is most awaited for ? Such a shame on their operating and marketing principles.

There is a proverb. Strike the Iron when it is hot. Now, my anxiety and Euphoria have gone down. I still want to get an 920, but not what I used to think a week ago. Nokia, on the other hand had no choice except to go with ATT, since it has most penetration. I bet, quite a percentage of people may be thinking to buy other phones.

This is what happens if we let monopoly in any industry. Apple. Now ATT. All we can do is just keep refreshing wpcentral.com home page to hear the good news that ATT is now enrolling pre orders. :)

God Bless us. And America. but not ATT. lol.

I agree, i've got a bad taste in my mouth now for the whole thing... all this excitement build up.. then NOTHING..

I was so convinced that this thing would be available after the Windows phone Announcement and STILL nothing.. at this point i don't really care that much anymore.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Preorders will begin on the 3rd/4th and will be available the following weekend. Technically the 11th but may be in stores the Friday before.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Proof??? Nothing against you I'm just tired of the senseless antics from both Nokia & AT&T.

I've been saying for weeks now. I have a source that is fairly high up at a regional level for AT&T. Or trust BGR's source. Or just wait until next week and find out yourself.

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Preorders will begin on the 3rd/4th and will be available the following weekend. Technically the 11th but may be in stores the Friday before.

Didn't you say "Be Patient. The Day is young" on the 29th after the event? Now, they're going to start pre-orders this Saturday?

Again, your dates sound plausible and can be inferred from recent rumors......but then again, NO Lumia 920 release/pre-order rumors for the US have panned out thus far.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Proof??? Nothing against you I'm just tired of the senseless antics from both Nokia & AT&T.

When I called AT&T today to enquire, the CSR told me that they'd be getting info by the weekend with an announcement next week. I'm not sure how reliable that is, but it does corroborate the post by vagrantwade.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Didn't you say "Be Patient. The Day is young" on the 29th after the event? Now, they're going to start pre-orders this Saturday?

Again, your dates sound plausible and can be inferred from recent rumors......but then again, NO Lumia 920 release/pre-order rumors for the US have panned out thus far.

How would I have any idea if Microsoft was going to announce dates? My source works for AT&T and in sales. So he is not privy to anything Microsoft does. I never claimed to know when preorders were going to reopen up, just when it would be available.

The rumor for the 4th was a round for a long time. And like I said, it got delayed a week.

Also, people on Reddit are reporting that they have called their local AT&T today and some of them are now confirming this preorder/availability timeline.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Went in Best Buy store to check on 920 availability and the rumors of in store preorder. They didn't have a date, but pricing was $150 with contract and $600 outright, with $50 deposit to hold. I mainly wanted pricing which they confirmed. And I'll never preorder again after Surface fiasco. They did confirm this price as preorder price, but said that it could change at launch. I'm with everybody else here, I've already lost interest in 920. I'm waiting for all WP8 and Android phones to be on the shelves before I make my decision. I may even wait for RIM to release....okay maybe not.

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
How would I have any idea if Microsoft was going to announce dates? My source works for AT&T and in sales. So he is not privy to anything Microsoft does. I never claimed to know when preorders were going to reopen up, just when it would be available.

The rumor for the 4th was a round for a long time. And like I said, it got delayed a week.

Also, people on Reddit are reporting that they have called their local AT&T today and some of them are now confirming this preorder/availability timeline.

Fine enough. Works for me.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Went in Best Buy store to check on 920 availability and the rumors of in store preorder. They didn't have a date, but pricing was $150 with contract and $600 outright, with $50 deposit to hold. I mainly wanted pricing which they confirmed. And I'll never preorder again after Surface fiasco. They did confirm this price as preorder price, but said that it could change at launch. I'm with everybody else here, I've already lost interest in 920. I'm waiting for all WP8 and Android phones to be on the shelves before I make my decision. I may even wait for RIM to release....okay maybe not.

Some of us already preordered our Lumia 920 on Bestbuy.com. So that is not exactly a rumor.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Ask your source how much non contract will be. Usually ATT goes in 449, 549, 649, etc increments, so i am going to assume $549.

For everyone else, if it all plans out, preorders start this weekend for next week ship, for the 900, they actually shipped early prior to release. I got my 900 i believe on Thursday after i preordered whatever day it was when the phone officially released easter.

JUSTQUAN2

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been saying for weeks now. I have a source that is fairly high up at a regional level for AT&T. Or trust BGR's source. Or just wait until next week and find out yourself.
hey thx. I actually had the GN2 in my hands to and now really trying to hold off on picking it up. I am a GN1 owner and really starting to miss it. Still I do want to come home to windows mobile from which my phone addiction started. PPC-6600... good ol days.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Ask your source how much non contract will be. Usually ATT goes in 449, 549, 649, etc increments, so i am going to assume $549.

For everyone else, if it all plans out, preorders start this weekend for next week ship, for the 900, they actually shipped early prior to release. I got my 900 i believe on Thursday after i preordered whatever day it was when the phone officially released easter.

From what I was told it was going to be $599. But this was about 2 1/2 weeks ago. And I don't think this number took into account any potential sales deal that they may decide to have on it.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
AT&T, Nokia and Microsoft really FUC$ED up the Nokia Lumia 920 launch. This is suppose to be the flagship phone for all the three companies. But they really messed it up for everybody. For heavens sake, We had a Nokia event, Microsoft Event, Windows 8, Surface, and Windows Phone 8 events... But no announcement of the 920 availability, price or pre-order dates.

This really SUX for hundreds of (or hopefully) thousands of people like me who are desperately waiting for this phone.

They really have to get their act together...

C'mon AT&T, get the freaking phone out and take our money... enough is enough.

Shatznr

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
What is AT&T doing? This is just dumb. They are taking any momentum built up with soooo many press conferences about WP8 and flushing it down the toilet.

Granted, most people on this site will still get one if they were planning on it, but what about casual shoppers that might have seen something about it go to AT&T and wait....we don't have them yet.

The long delay almost looks like there is a problem with the phone and they can not roll it out yet.

Last edited:

Mike20PR

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually work for AT&T and took the W8 and WP8 training just yesterday. But not a peep from anywhere or anyone when it goes on sale. Not even a hint. Kinda discouraging really since the Nexus 4 is close and oh so tempting

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)