The reviews and pictures that for the Lumia 920 camera are scary...

Dregur

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Another review here:

Nokia Lumia 920 review | Expert Reviews

Also with user reviews and laptop mag, and pictures from users here are beginning to scare me off from the Lumia 920. Granted, all the reviews I have seen say it's a stellar phone, except for the camera. However, the camera was THE selling point for me to switch from Android to WP8. It's causing me to rethink the switch, but I'm not entirely sure if the camera could be "fixed" or not.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If you want to talk about a point and shoot L920 is the best hands down your not going to get good lighting everywhere with the L920 sure the I5 daylight shots are better but is it sunny all day its October now longer nights shorter days.

IMO 920 is the way to go just that added low-light photography, OIS and natural photos is a great value.

Also how much is a 920 compared to an iPhone 5? Here in Canada 920 is 99$ for a 32GB its 299$ for a 32GB iPhone 5. So you tell me what's the better value.

Obv I compared the 920 to the i5 but insert any phone and the 920 is still the best point and shoot.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I want to see more of these reviews with multiple pictures, all with comparison with competing phones.

Its very hard to judge the quality from just 2 photos.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't be scared.. its takes normal looking pictures for a smartphone.

If you want to talk about a point and shoot L920 is the best hands down
You got the brand right, but not the model number.. ;) Actually.. If I am shooting video I would take the 920 any day, unless I need zoom..

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
You're going to get ripped to shreds for making excuses for Nokia's Godphone

That's too bad, because vlad seems to be quite knowledgeable and I think he contributes to this forum.

Nokia deserves all the crap coming their way since they hyped the camera so much. They also hyped how rock solid the phone was compared to the cheap plastic crap and breakable glass crap out there, that we would get out of the "beta" stage of mobile computing. Seems their manufacturing process is still in "beta" stage as well.

Where did they hype the build quality? You're mentioning "beta" but those ads were for the Lumia 900.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 920
Laptop mag posted their review. Again lack of detail, against the 4S this time, but again, the colors were much better. Suberb camera still according to them.
I find it a bit harsh to say that the iPhone5 is better just because of apps and now because of it having better detail, even though it has horrible purple fringe in that daylight that its touted to be better at. If anything, the 920 is better in low light and color reproduction, where the iphone just has sharper photos. I could argue all I want, but the fact is, the 920 is better in its own way and the iphone still has some advantages. We need to stop holding the 920 as the iphone killer in ever respect, and understand that the 920 is better in most aspects still, just not all aspects.

Last edited:

Why0Why

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The complaints I have seen can be changed with a firmware update. It is noise reduction. The color saturation, image stabilization and low light more than make up for this. It isn't supposed to be a DSLR. On the night pics thread someone was posting about the pictures being somewhat grainy. Really? Have they ever taken a picture at night with any phone? I have with a lot of different phones and those pics would not even be possible with any of them.

Some people on here are unbelievable. I just joined this site but there seems to be some nutty posters with very unrealistic expectations. People saying they aren't going to buy the phone because it is going to be an extra week?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Some people on here are unbelievable. I just joined this site but there seems to be some nutty posters with very unrealistic expectations. People saying they aren't going to buy the phone because it is going to be an extra week?

About a month ago things were fine. Since then, the forums have degenerated into a proxy warzone between HTC, Samsung and Nokia. Add to that peoples willingness to pounce on and break into a panic based on any little tiny piece of barely credible information, and you apparently end up with the hen house it is now. Give it a few weeks and things will return to normal.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Things are a little tense, Is November and there's not even concrete launch days on all devices.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Sigh....

its like i have said time and time again thats why we have choices people just need to get what they like. windows phone fans are arguing amongst themselves, when we should all just enjoy the fact that we have choice, good hardware, unique designs, benefits and compromises per manufacturer just enjoy it it....

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
About a month ago things were fine. Since then, the forums have degenerated into a proxy warzone between HTC, Samsung and Nokia. Add to that peoples willingness to pounce on and break into a panic based on any little tiny piece of barely credible information, and you apparently end up with the hen house it is now. Give it a few weeks and things will return to normal.

It's absolutely annoying. Some people just turn it into a "you're either with us, or you're against us" sort of thing. Can't even say anything without being blasted by either the haters or the fanboys. They think there's no middle ground.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
OP has one post.

free_candy_van.jpg

Things are a little tense, Is November and there's not even concrete launch days on all devices.

November 9th-11th. It has been that way for almost 2 weeks now. It wasn't officially announced, no.

Dregur

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
OP has one post.

Click to view quoted image

November 9th-11th. It has been that way for almost 2 weeks now. It wasn't officially announced, no.
Sorry, I'm a long time reader, and with the eve of the launch of Lumia 920, I finally decided to post about something that was worrying me. Just because I have one post is a little insulting to insinuate that I'm here to troll, this was not my intent at all.

However, as more reviews start to come out, there are more and more questions being raised about the camera, and it has made me question whether or not to get a Lumia 920. I'm sure I'll finally decide to get one, but it's not a slam dunk as it once was, and my excitement for the phone has been blunted a considerable amount.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3