2nd Lumia 920 going back..

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I think NOKIA rushed their manufacturing process.. returning my 2nd LUMIA 920.. first one had 6 dead pixels, this one has 3 (that I've seen so far), and has an 'L' burnt into the display... Seems like it's the same issue with RIM devices that were shipped to the market fast without quality control...

gfunk84

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there an on-board diagnostic app (i.e. not from the Windows Store) for checking dead pixels? It's probably the first thing I'd want to do.

That way you could check before even putting in your SIM card and setting up your Microsoft account. I'd be weary of returning a phone once it had my account info on it (even after a reset it could possibly be retrieved depending how secure the wipe is).

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think NOKIA rushed their manufacturing process.. returning my 2nd LUMIA 920.. first one had 6 dead pixels, this one has 3 (that I've seen so far), and has an 'L' burnt into the display... Seems like it's the same issue with RIM devices that were shipped to the market fast without quality control...

Craptastic. Are you going to attempt round 3?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Nokia, this is what you get when you stop manufacturing in premium countries such as Finland and send the manufacturing to some 2$/hour countries.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have owned several HTC devices. I have had a few issues but not like my experience with my Lumia 900. Hopefully this 920 issue is isolated

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I concur about "idiots". I'm more than sure that there have been VARIOUS reports of iPhone 5's being shipped brand new with chips in the hardware

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Had two Iphone 5's slate/black both with chips and dings in the aluminum back/frame. Both went back.

And like the poster that used the idiot line, they also said that iPhones are made in China as well. So do we ignore that so we can continue on a rampage to diss Nokia? A bit hypocritical

BTW, all of that was dedicated to that Kalamari fellow. I'm using your post to support that people aren't IDIOTS when obviously there are issues with production in various merchandise. Not just from China, but in this example though since we're focusing on China.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss