FYI - Rogers Lumia 920 is unlocked and is pentaband - MobileSyrup

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Now, how would us folks in the States get our hands on one is the question? :p Nah, I know we can't get a Rogers exclusive phone.
I have some family up in Canada so, while I doubt they ship internationally, I can have someone pick up a full price version if they're truly unlocked. Assuming they don't start surfacing online through amazon or somewhere for the same $599. If they're not sold unlocked elsewhere, I could always import a few extra for WPCentral folks on T-Mobile :)

Is it guaranteed that it'll work on T-Mobile USA's 3G network?
Yes, because it's pentaband. In the link posted from the OP, the screenshot shows the phone on WIND (a Canadian carrier with the same 3G bands as on T-Mobile US)

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The international version of the 920 should support ATT and TMOs 3G bands... negrielectronics has the yellow one for $700 .. on preorder

alsg

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The international version of the 920 should support ATT and TMOs 3G bands... negrielectronics has the yellow one for $700 .. on preorder
The Lumia 920 on preorder at negrielectronics does not list any WCDMA 1700_2100 frequencies.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I actually spoke to a customer service rep from Negri Electronics about the yellow Lumia 920 they have. He told me it's not the pentaband version.

pdjcrawford

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I just plunked my T-Mobile SIM card (for stateside traveling) into my hours old 920 from Rogers and it worked like a charm. Received 2 SMS immediately telling me that I'm roaming.

I'll be heading there for Thanksgiving in 3 weeks so I'll really get a sense of the bands then. But of course, I'm thrilled to have an already unlocked phone!

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I guess for us over here in the US we'll have to check out which version is available at the Microsoft stores. Also the MS stores (online) sell all the phones in every color.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3