This again?

Windows Central Podcast 37: Windows 10 Mobile is still dead

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 73 of 73
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Loz Blake's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #51  
    I'm nearly completely decided that I'm going to change to the 8x, a huge shame for me, but Nokia have blown it by doing this carrier exclusivity.
  2. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,394 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryansstuff View Post
    Nokia Lumia 920 - Deals | Phones 4u

    well black and white now on the 19th :/ not looking good keep getting later.
    Wow - that's slipped another week since this morning!
  3. MrX365's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #53  
    Just popped into phones4u.

    The lady in there told me they are expecting shipments of both the 8X and 920 tomorrow, but she wasn't sure of the colours of either. Even showed me the system showing the delivery notice.

    Got my name down for both of them, I can't decide betwee the two so ill see which arrives first out of the yellow lumia and the blue 8x :D
  4. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,394 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX365 View Post
    Just popped into phones4u.

    The lady in there told me they are expecting shipments of both the 8X and 920 tomorrow, but she wasn't sure of the colours of either. Even showed me the system showing the delivery notice.

    Got my name down for both of them, I can't decide betwee the two so ill see which arrives first out of the yellow lumia and the blue 8x :D
    I brace yourself for a disappointment, if you go to the Phones4U twitterfeed, they are telling people to pre-order as they no idea when stock (of the 920) will arrive - so I'm guessing that delivery notice is wrong/out of date.
    Last edited by cgk1; 11-02-2012 at 11:59 AM.
  5. stevridie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #55  
    Just phoned Meadowhall phones4u, they have the new HTC Win8 phones in stock and are expecting the Lumia 920 in tomorrow!
  6. Nickkk101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #56  
    Just off the phone to Orange UK regarding my upgrade/migration to a 12mo EE plan with a white L920. I was told that stock is not available until the 9th of November. (EE themselves confirmed this over the phone separately too) There was currently no facility to pre-order the handset either even though its what EE state on their website...

    Apparently you have to wait for an SMS to confirm the handset is now in stock and the migration can take place there and then. So its very much a bun fight on the day then.. Also, EE's offer of the free wireless charger is also subject to availability. The nice lady on the phone did confirm having see the phone herself yesterday, that "i wont be disappointed...!" Here's hoping!
  7. Muessig's Avatar

    Posts
    5,433 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,517 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #57  
    So If I were to go the route of importing the handset do we still get a free wireless charging plate with it, and what's the actual price you're paying in ?
  8. rockstarzzz's Avatar

    Posts
    4,883 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,888 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #58  
    It doesn't mention anywhere about wireless charging plate, so likely you won't get it.
  9. Jammo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    It doesn't mention anywhere about wireless charging plate, so likely you won't get it.
    It states it on the EE website under details for the 920.

    EE just rang me to say my white lumia will be shipped within 14 days and she has added the code for the free wireless charger to my order so I will get it for free.
  10. paulm187's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    279 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by evoga View Post
    It states it on the EE website under details for the 920.

    EE just rang me to say my white lumia will be shipped within 14 days and she has added the code for the free wireless charger to my order so I will get it for free.
    Is that for the 12 month or 24 months plan? Phones4u wireless charging and speaker is only on the 24 month plan
  11. Bourbs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muessig View Post
    So If I were to go the route of importing the handset do we still get a free wireless charging plate with it, and what's the actual price you're paying in ?
    494 I believe its costing me.
  12. Nickkk101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #62  
    UPDATE: was in Manchester earlier, walked into an EE store who had a black 920 demo unit... had a play with it and promptly pre-ordered it right there and then for 25.00. The deposit is refundable off the price of the handset, so depending on the plan you choose means you can get it partially refunded (in my case, the 12 month EE plan has a 19.99 handset cost) Stock is due within a couple days i was told. And it will include the wireless charger. woot!
  13. Jammo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulm187 View Post
    Is that for the 12 month or 24 months plan? Phones4u wireless charging and speaker is only on the 24 month plan
    12 month plan, madness to ever sign up for 2 years.

    Works out a great plan taking into account the price of the phone and charger, plus after 12 months I can upgrade if a significant new model appears, if not unlock and put an unlimited data with 3 from under 10 per month.
    anon(5352752) likes this.
  14. Muessig's Avatar

    Posts
    5,433 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,517 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #64  
    Nice! So getting it from EE I was told the other day it is impossible to get a Sim-Free version from EE. Is this what you found too?

    I'm wondering if I tried to get a 920 from Phones4U if its something the T-mobile or Orange networks have to unlock with the 10 top up. Or if its only certain colours that are sold locked?
  15. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,394 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickkk101 View Post
    UPDATE: was in Manchester earlier, walked into an EE store who had a black 920 demo unit... had a play with it and promptly pre-ordered it right there and then for 25.00. The deposit is refundable off the price of the handset, so depending on the plan you choose means you can get it partially refunded (in my case, the 12 month EE plan has a 19.99 handset cost) Stock is due within a couple days i was told. And it will include the wireless charger. woot!
    Likely lies I'm afraid - from everything we can gather and from what EE have told sites like Neowin - you will be lucky to see this before the 13th - that is if the date doesn't slip again.
  16. Nickkk101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgk1 View Post
    Likely lies I'm afraid - from everything we can gather and from what EE have told sites like Neowin - you will be lucky to see this before the 13th - that is if the date doesn't slip again.
    Believe me, I took the offer and paid the pre-order with the knowledge that nothing was concrete at this stage- I wasn't born yesterday. There was no specific delivery date mentioned "..end of the weeks tops" being about as concrete as it got! Before deciding to pop into the store I knew to expect any impending delay, and had seen the notices on their websites stating a 14 day wait etc etc. I can live with a week here and there, but im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Handling the device (which only appeared in that store yesterday i was told) was enough to keep the anticipation there. I'll keep you informed if there are any developments from EE here in Manchester...
  17. anon(5352752)'s Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #67  
    EE is listing the device as an estimated 14 day delivery.

    I'm more tempted at the moment to get an 8X alongside my already ordered 8S..Works out cheaper over 12 months to buy an 8X than a 920
  18. Nickkk101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgk1 View Post
    Likely lies I'm afraid - from everything we can gather and from what EE have told sites like Neowin - you will be lucky to see this before the 13th - that is if the date doesn't slip again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerUk View Post
    EE is listing the device as an estimated 14 day delivery.

    I'm more tempted at the moment to get an 8X alongside my already ordered 8S..Works out cheaper over 12 months to buy an 8X than a 920
    problem with that is... you end up with an 8X at the end of that. uuugh. ;)

    im kidding of course. Personally, i just wanted a different experience having had an HTC for the last 2 years. Must confess i loved the look of the 8X and know id be just as happy with that handset.
  19. peachy001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #69  
    I've had a HTC desire for 2.5 years, it has been great, but the camera leaves me wanting. My gf has a One s and the camera on that is massively improved. But I want to go for a Nokia. My mind is made up, but I also reckon I would be happy with the new HTC. One thing I cannot do is go Samsung.
  20. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,394 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickkk101 View Post
    Believe me, I took the offer and paid the pre-order with the knowledge that nothing was concrete at this stage- I wasn't born yesterday. There was no specific delivery date mentioned "..end of the weeks tops" being about as concrete as it got! Before deciding to pop into the store I knew to expect any impending delay, and had seen the notices on their websites stating a 14 day wait etc etc. I can live with a week here and there, but im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Handling the device (which only appeared in that store yesterday i was told) was enough to keep the anticipation there. I'll keep you informed if there are any developments from EE here in Manchester...
    Thanks - I always do all my deals online - partly for the cash-back deals and partly because the consumer protection is much stronger.
  21. Nickkk101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgk1 View Post
    Thanks - I always do all my deals online - partly for the cash-back deals and partly because the consumer protection is much stronger.
    Indeed there can be more attractive prices online, but i'm not so sure the consumer protection is necessarily better. Have you had specific experiences that make you say that? (i dont doubt your statement, but just curious) for what its worth, the deal i want is available in-store and is not an online exclusive.

    Thus far, my first experience with EE in-store has been more reassuring in terms of the 'okay, now here's my wallet' gut feeling... In contrast, the EE rep i spoke to earlier in the day on the phone was less than helpful. Cest la vie.

    Curiously it might be worth mentioning, the only customer in the store before I walked in was stood playing with the L920 for about 5/10 minutes, much to the disapproval of his GF. Yes, I actually had to wait to get my hands on it, something I definately didn't expect: QUEUING TO USE A WP PRODUCT IN A STORE. who would have guessed that!;)
  22. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,394 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickkk101 View Post
    Indeed there can be more attractive prices online, but i'm not so sure the consumer protection is necessarily better. Have you had specific experiences that make you say that?
    You are covered by the distance selling regulations which you give you an absolute right to a seven day period to inspect and return the goods or cancel for whatever reason you like before they arrive.
  23. Nickkk101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #73  
    very true. In addition, I believe EE for one have a "14 day cooling off period" regarding their contracts etc which affords some peace of mind. Orange certainly did/do iirc. Unless the handset is really a complete FUBAR (unlikely...) I'm feeling confident, that it will be mine.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

";