We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. Dos101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    478 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Just got an email from Rogers that it shipped! (pre-order status changed from Open to In Progress on Tuesday). Looked at the provided tracking number and looks like it's already here in Edmonton, probably at a warehouse though. I'll update once I know more.

    Anyone else in Canada pre-order it?
  2. firstness's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    What was your queue number?

    I've been trying to find them in Rogers Plus stores here in Edmonton with no luck.
  3. xxgatvolxx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstness View Post
    What was your queue number?

    I've been trying to find them in Rogers Plus stores here in Edmonton with no luck.
    Not sure about dos101, but I was #15 and got the same e-mail, it says there were 3 shipped. So me, dos101, and some other lucky person from Edmonton should be getting them tonight or tomorrow.
  4. Dos101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    478 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #4  
    I was #14.

    Haha same here, shows 3 shipped. Hopefully not just stuck at a warehouse, so hoping for the phone call today.
  5. pdjcrawford's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    I was 50, received the notification on Tuesday night and the phone yesterday afternoon.
  6. DA DSGN's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Am down to 359! almost there lol
  7. Dos101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    478 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DA DSGN View Post
    Am down to 359! almost there lol
    I'm actually surprised at least 359 people reserved it lol, considering there's been pretty much no advertising for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by pdjcrawford View Post
    I was 50, received the notification on Tuesday night and the phone yesterday afternoon.
    Nice! Congrats! Enjoy the phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by xxgatvolxx View Post
    Not sure about dos101, but I was #15 and got the same e-mail, it says there were 3 shipped. So me, dos101, and some other lucky person from Edmonton should be getting them tonight or tomorrow.
    Did you get a phone call yet? I called the Rogers store that will be receiving it last night and explained my situation, and the girl said it's probably at the corporate office and will get distributed to the stores.
  8. firstness's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Has anyone heard of additional units being sent to retail stores for over-the-counter purchase? After Oct 30-31 I haven't seen any.
  9. DA DSGN's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    I was a little higher then 359 but it went down by the time I posted that. Its a good sign for the phone I guess, no mention of it anyhwere on rogers.com and it got 350 reserved!

    Down to 356 ahah
  10. firstness's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DA DSGN View Post
    I was a little higher then 359 but it went down by the time I posted that. Its a good sign for the phone I guess, no mention of it anyhwere on rogers.com and it got 350 reserved!

    Down to 356 ahah
    Would they really be sending the units one by one? The single-digit decreases in queue number are likely to be from people cancelling their reservation rather than in actual delivered units.
  11. EG8196's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstness View Post
    Has anyone heard of additional units being sent to retail stores for over-the-counter purchase? After Oct 30-31 I haven't seen any.
    Me too.
    The NL920 was sold out in Ottawa since the first day of launch (30/10)
  12. stressds's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstness View Post
    Has anyone heard of additional units being sent to retail stores for over-the-counter purchase? After Oct 30-31 I haven't seen any.
    I tired a couple stores in Mississauga and the Yorkdale store on Oct 31 and Nov 1. There were none in and in the case of Yorkdale, none since the 30th.

    I'm number 328 and waiting...
  13. xxgatvolxx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    No, although I do find it amusing that it took roughly 24 hours to ship across Canada, but over 2 days to ship across town. I hope they do processing over weekends because waiting until Monday to get something that has been here since Wednesday unacceptable.
  14. Dos101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    478 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxgatvolxx View Post
    No, although I do find it amusing that it took roughly 24 hours to ship across Canada, but over 2 days to ship across town. I hope they do processing over weekends because waiting until Monday to get something that has been here since Wednesday unacceptable.
    My thoughts exactly.
  15. DA DSGN's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstness View Post
    Would they really be sending the units one by one? The single-digit decreases in queue number are likely to be from people cancelling their reservation rather than in actual delivered units.
    haha prob not but gets my hopes up!
  16. Dos101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    478 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #16  
    Just got the call, my phone is here! I'm not at all impressed how Rogers has handled this whole thing, and I'm going to voice my concern to the Rogers rep at the ROgers store when I go pick up the phone. If enough people complain I'm sure SOMETHING will make it's way up the corporate ladder, or maybe I'm just being naive.
  17. Dos101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    478 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #17  
    Picked up the phone last night. FINALLY I have it lol
  18. LuvMyLabs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    I'm number 86 COME ON MAN! LOL!...
  19. stressds's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    313... soooo slooooow....
  20. DA DSGN's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    Down to 336 lol ugh, really need a phone! Can't go much longer withour one haha
  21. freestaterocker's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,675 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,679 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dos101 View Post
    Just got an email from Rogers that it shipped! (pre-order status changed from Open to In Progress on Tuesday). Looked at the provided tracking number and looks like it's already here in Edmonton, probably at a warehouse though. I'll update once I know more.



    Anyone else in Canada pre-order it?

    Let us know if it's unlocked ok? I could live with basic black if it'll work on Bell with no issues.
  22. freestaterocker's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,675 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,679 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstness View Post
    Would they really be sending the units one by one? The single-digit decreases in queue number are likely to be from people cancelling their reservation rather than in actual delivered units.

    Probably canceling cuz they found one in store...
  23. Dos101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    478 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    Let us know if it's unlocked ok? I could live with basic black if it'll work on Bell with no issues.
    I'll try my dad's Telus micro-sim this weekend (as I know nobody else with a micro-sim) though I'm pretty sure it's going to be locked.
  24. Xsever's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    442 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dos101 View Post
    I'll try my dad's Telus micro-sim this weekend (as I know nobody else with a micro-sim) though I'm pretty sure it's going to be locked.
    The 920s that Rogers sold on November 1st are unlocked. I have one.
  25. Dos101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    478 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsever View Post
    The 920s that Rogers sold on November 1st are unlocked. I have one.
    True, might have just been that day though. WHen it comes to carriers and unlocked phones I'm always the pessimist ;)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

";