Both The Verge and CNET seem to think the Lumia 920 is too bulky

firstness

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Why don't the review sites ***** about the Galaxy Note or Galaxy Note II -- they weigh 178g and 183g respectively?

Simple - the larger screen of those devices justifies the increase in weight. The weight is also spread out over a larger area so it doesn't feel as brick-like.

bmarsden

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Simple - the larger screen of those devices justifies the increase in weight. The weight is also spread out over a larger area so it doesn't feel as brick-like.

Not really -- most of the drag is on your wrist. 180g is 180g as far as phones are concerned...tablets are a different story. I think the "simple" explanation is that they're biased :)

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
My wallet is heavier and bigger than the Lumia 920 and it has no money in it. Thus making this argument invalid.

Again I deliver the end all, be all, comment and truth.

:)

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I believe the reason why they said that the 920 is "bulky" or heavy" is becos they are indirectly trying to "brainwash" people into thinking that thin & light are better, hence, iPhone 5 is better. And the reason why they target 920 as the whipping child is because 920 is going to post a major threat to their beloved iphone. Finally, the reason why I have come to this conclusion is that I have been reading this forum for quite sometime, I noticed there are quite a substantial converts from iPhone to 920 in recent months.
Apple and its supporters are feeling insecure & afraid right now.
Be Afraid, Be Very Very Afraid.
The Dawn of A New Mobile Era is here :D

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
"Justifies the increase"? "Spread out" weight? That's simple... if you were Samsung PR. You're holding 180g. Period. If you have a problem with 180g, nothing is going to change but your perception.

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Why don't the review sites ***** about the Galaxy Note or Galaxy Note II -- they weigh 178g and 183g respectively?
Thats like complaining that a Ford F150 weighs more than a Prius, the Note's heavier because its larger, duh doy. Besides I don't think you could make the Note II any lighter, Samsung already uses the lightest crappiest plastic known to man.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I believe the reason why they said that the 920 is "bulky" or heavy" is becos they are indirectly trying to "brainwash" people into thinking that thin & light are better, hence, iPhone 5 is better. And the reason why they target 920 as the whipping child is because 920 is going to post a major threat to their beloved iphone.

If you really believe that rather than you are pulling our leg, might be worth turning off the computer and going outside for a bit...

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
If you really believe that rather than you are pulling our leg, might be worth turning off the computer and going outside for a bit...

Trying to post something cheeky to get over my weekend. Btw post this reply outside right now, having dinner with family alfresco :D
Regardless, I still <3 Windows Phone & my white Lumia 900.
Cheerios ;)

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
If people care so much about slim phones why is Otterbox making so much money?

I'll start by saying that I'm Nokia all the way, and that anyone who thinks 185g is heavy is weaksauce. However, an already chunky phone + otterbox = TANK. So if you're the type who's gonna throw the otterbox on every phone you buy, (I know people who won't buy a phone that otterbox doesn't make a case for) IMO that's when weight and thickness REALLY start to matter.

eurovisionacts

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll start by saying that I'm Nokia all the way, and that anyone who thinks 185g is heavy is weaksauce. However, an already chunky phone + otterbox = TANK. So if you're the type who's gonna throw the otterbox on every phone you buy, (I know people who won't buy a phone that otterbox doesn't make a case for) IMO that's when weight and thickness REALLY start to matter.
Nokia phone wont need a case. Its made of PLASTIC. Its not gonna break... maybe scratch up. But I can live with that.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Nokia phone wont need a case. Its made of PLASTIC. Its not gonna break... maybe scratch up. But I can live with that.

Yeah I won't be putting my 920 in a case either. But have friends (more than one) who would wrap their Sherman Tank in an otterbox if possible. Hypothetical, of course... Don't know anyone who owns a tank. :)

suvastallions

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
CNET in its review went so far as to say that you can't put it in your jeans front pocket comfortably. What are the other reviews saying about the size and the weight of this phone?
As if one always wears jeans! iCNET just can't get over the fact that the Lumia 920 smokes the iPhone 5

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe the reason why they said that the 920 is "bulky" or heavy" is becos they are indirectly trying to "brainwash" people into thinking that thin & light are better, hence, iPhone 5 is better. And the reason why they target 920 as the whipping child is because 920 is going to post a major threat to their beloved iphone. Finally, the reason why I have come to this conclusion is that I have been reading this forum for quite sometime, I noticed there are quite a substantial converts from iPhone to 920 in recent months.
Apple and its supporters are feeling insecure & afraid right now.
Be Afraid, Be Very Very Afraid.
The Dawn of A New Mobile Era is here :D

The enemy is Android. That is the trojan horse and the 500 lb gorilla in the room. NOT APPLE. I wish people could get that through their thick heads. Apple's marketshare is self-limiting and in decline. ANDROID IS THE KEY THREAT TO WINDOWS PHONE.

suvastallions

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I like phones to have a little bulk and weight. I think that many phones today are too thin and light and feel cheap.
You got that right. Having a heavier phone in ones hand adds more grip and keeps your busy hands very aware that you are actually holding on to something. Lighter phones can easily be mistaken for something else and thus easier to fly off the hand or dropped without the owner hearing or noticing anything.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So 180g is OK, as long as it's in a phone that is also so stupidly big it won't fit in anyones pocket?

The Note is so thin and light is more pocketable than the 920. It also has a reason for the compromise, is actually a very innovative phone because of the larger screen and responsive stylus, which to be honest will get more use than blurry pictures at night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss