Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Actually the 920 has a problem with blurry pictures, other cameras like the GS3 ones are a lot sharper.
    dude do you own the phone???? if not shut up about blurry pics.. and always arguing, i've noticed all you do is post opposite of everyone on there.. news flash this is a windows phone website.. if you don't like WP8 then maybe troll away somewhere else. Every discussion you have is trying to start some kind of flame war. For example i own a RX-8 R3.. but 99.9% of people have never driven it but they immediately tell me whats wrong with it.. hey Its an amazing car and it takes driving it to see that.. see my point.. use a 920 for a week then we will listen to your "opinions". And i normally dont post but all you do is Complain and B^^&^ about what its missing or some blog on the internet said this.. hey i can start a blog right now and say how amazing the 920 is will you quote me then? Im sure more than most of us on here are tired of your antics...
    Thanked by:
    a5cent, socialcarpet and stmav like this.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lhunter1130 View Post
    dude do you own the phone???? if not shut up about blurry pics..
    What kind of logic is that? The pictures comparisons are online.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoon24 View Post
    It still boggles my mind how the Lumia 920 seem to struggle in some parts of the review. Okay, it's fair game if you want to say that the camera doesn't do well in certain areas compared to say, the Iphone 5. However, the 920 is the only phone with OIS along with a bunch of abundant camera features, which I find a shame doesn't help in its score. It almost seems like were this the Iphone 5 in place, you would see a "10" on the camera for whatever reason.

I mean, just look at the Nexus 4 review. The reviewer even admits that the low light shot isn't as good as the Lumia 920, but due to additional software, it is going to score the same as the 920 in that department. Either they fail to take into account the 920 software, or there is some bias being played here.

All in all, I would say 95% of reviewers have some hidden bias, and it's always going to show somehow, someway in reviews.
    Doesn't the Nexus 4 have that sweet 360 camera feature? I was reading up on it hand it sounds cool as ****. Perhaps that carries some weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    Nice argument, Verge. Average users don't want stable videos, less blurry pictures or visible shots in bad lighting. No, they want oversaturated colours. Good job Winterfang, nice to see you've met your match in unjustifiably skewed opinions in Joshua Topolsky.

The Verge couldn't give this camera a good score. They'd lose too much face after overblowing the fake video.

Nice to see you've overlooked the All About Windows Phone comparison, which is easily the most in-depth camera shoot-out of the pack. The One X can't stand up to the iPhone or S3 and they can't stand up to the 920. Comparing "average user" shots are stupid because average users post terrible shots taken with their VGA FFCs.
    I feel the cameras are somewhere in the middle. All About Windows Phone is obviously just as bias as The Verge, just on the other direction. I'll say it again since my face is not yet blue, go to the damn store and get your hands on the devices and judge for yourself. People have different tastes, wants, and needs. To take the word of some guy sitting behind a computer as fact is completely asinine.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    The only impression I got from this site's review was Daniel saying " I have a L920, and you don't"....the ultimate fanboy.
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    All About Windows Phone is obviously just as bias as The Verge, just on the other direction.
    I agree with you that neither website has a formal testing method. They both lack reference setups or reference patterns to take pictures of. Neither has the ability to control or measure lighting as to ensure the environment is the same for each camera tested. Neither employs DSLR reference pictures as to define the best possible outcome, with which all results are compared and graded based on how close they get. etc. etc. etc.

As a result, neither has any system in place to keep bias in check. It is obvious however, that AAWP put much more effort into their camera testing than the verge did, and it is just as obvious that AAWP has a much deeper understanding of photography. In my view, that difference in effort and competency does make AAWP much more trustworthy, so I wonder why you find it obvious that they are just as biased?

I'm not disputing the possibility, but that their bias is a glaringly obvious as the verge staff's.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I agree. It's just not Verge, but even other reviewers have been biased against 920. Someone showed in other thread how Pocketlint is biased in terms of weight when they didn't have any such complaint for Galaxy Note II. Others reviewers also have been similarly biased, hand-picking minor things and ignoring to review some major things. Most of them have not reviewed about camera extras apps,which even make the camera experience better, rich recording,etc.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I agree. Sadly, lot of readers here fall for those biased reviews, start complaining, as evident from other threads going on in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoon24 View Post
    It still boggles my mind how the Lumia 920 seem to struggle in some parts of the review. Okay, it's fair game if you want to say that the camera doesn't do well in certain areas compared to say, the Iphone 5. However, the 920 is the only phone with OIS along with a bunch of abundant camera features, which I find a shame doesn't help in its score. It almost seems like were this the Iphone 5 in place, you would see a "10" on the camera for whatever reason.

I mean, just look at the Nexus 4 review. The reviewer even admits that the low light shot isn't as good as the Lumia 920, but due to additional software, it is going to score the same as the 920 in that department. Either they fail to take into account the 920 software, or there is some bias being played here.

All in all, I would say 95% of reviewers have some hidden bias, and it's always going to show somehow, someway in reviews.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    You all need to go look up the word biased.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    You all need to go look up the word biased.
    Just did. Nothing unfamiliar.
    aubreyq and AngryNil like this.

Rafe from AAWP is anything but biased.. Steve might be, but towards Symbian.. not WP, so the fact that he reviewed it against a Symbian flagship and made the comments he made makes me think that they try to be as impartial as they can be.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    If people don't see the review/score that they want to see, they say bias. A bunch of cry babies really. It seems like they refuse to believe that someone doesn't like WP8 or that the camera isn't all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad0 View Post
    Rafe from AAWP is anything but biased.. Steve might be, but towards Symbian.. not WP, so the fact that he reviewed it against a Symbian flagship and made the comments he made makes me think that they try to be as impartial as they can be.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    aubreyq and Winterfang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    If people don't see the review/score that they want to see, they say bias. A bunch of cry babies really. It seems like they refuse to believe that someone doesn't like WP8 or that the camera isn't all that.
    Bias is something like this:

theres a cnet video review of the Lumia 920. Theres a blurb about it being a big heavy beast and how it doesnt fi in the reviewers pocket. They SHOW it not fitting in the FRONT pocket of her jeans....as she is mentioning she has phones that she puts in her BACK pocket.

The phone clearly does not fit in the pocket as a good chunk of it sticks out. But then you quickly realize no phone is going to fit in her damn pocket.....

aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    All About Windows Phone is obviously just as bias as The Verge, just on the other direction.
    The Verge doesn't have a detailed breakdown to back up their assertions and All About Windows Phone was brutal to the Lumia 900.
    At least in AAWP, they got the detailed picture breakdowns to back up their claims. The rest? Not really.
    AngryNil and Gaichuke like this.

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Doesn't the Nexus 4 have that sweet 360 camera feature? I was reading up on it hand it sounds cool as ****. Perhaps that carries some weight.
    Oh, you mean Google's blatant Photosynth rip-off?

I saw a review once of the GS3 vs OneX he said the One camera was superior but the GS3 had better software. And gave the better camera to the GS3.
    You either remember incorrectly or the reviewer is wrong. The Galaxy S3 has a superior camera to the One X, hands down. Awful example.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I haven't seen that much denial since the days Palm was relevant. The 920 is a thick phone that takes average pictures, the sooner you accept that, the happier you will be.
    Smg-Uk likes this.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I haven't seen that much denial since the days Palm was relevant. The 920 is a thick phone that takes average pictures, the sooner you accept that, the happier you will be.
    Dont forget video with OIS. Anything else but average.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Video is amazing and so are the night shots. But some people just flat out deny the cons of the device, or even worse trying to make it sound like a pro.

Heavy is a con no matter how you see it, what's next? Blurry pictures are better because they are more realistic?
    Smg-Uk likes this.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Video is amazing and so are the night shots. But some people just flat out deny the cons of the device, or even worse trying to make it sound like a pro.

Heavy is a con no matter how you see it, what's next? Blurry pictures are better because they are more realistic?
    Blurry images, Nokia France has statet this is software related and they are going to fix this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts

I know this goes against everything you believe in, but I'm going to wait until this phones are actually released and have been out for a little while before I make any judgements about what's what.

A big part of the reason most people see you as a joke here is that you completely jump the gun and flip out about stuff based on little or no information. You state things as if they are absolute fact when you are basing them on 3rd hand information.

Everyone knows as soon as these phones come out, within a week you're going to be unhappy with them and pining for the next generation, carping about quad core processors and WP 8.5 and why don't we have this or that.

The truth is people like you are NEVER satisfied, because what is making you unhappy goes much deeper than what any smartphone can ever fix.

heavy is a con, but its a significantly overexaggerated con.

Using light phones, and then handling a heavy one, theres some weight to that *******.
    Carrying a heavy phone and then handling a light one...its too damn light and feels like paper.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Ok tell something.

Is it or is it not a Fact that the Lumia 920 is heavier than it's direct competition.
    Are the day photos not blurry?

I don't need to hold a 920 in my hands for 8 week to know that, when everyone that hold the phone says is heavy, and the pictures I can look with my same eyes.

I certainly have more basis to what I say that this:
    Everyone knows as soon as these phones come out, within a week you're going to be unhappy with them and pining for the next generation, carping about quad core processors and WP 8.5 and why don't we have this or that.
    Which you base that of thin air.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squachy View Post
    Bias is something like this:

theres a cnet video review of the Lumia 920. Theres a blurb about it being a big heavy beast and how it doesnt fi in the reviewers pocket. They SHOW it not fitting in the FRONT pocket of her jeans....as she is mentioning she has phones that she puts in her BACK pocket.

The phone clearly does not fit in the pocket as a good chunk of it sticks out. But then you quickly realize no phone is going to fit in her damn pocket.....

Damn that 920 lukes HUGE in Jessica's hands! I just don't know if she is a small person or what not.

Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    I know this goes against everything you believe in, but I'm going to wait until this phones are actually released and have been out for a little while before I make any judgements about what's what.

A big part of the reason most people see you as a joke here is that you completely jump the gun and flip out about stuff based on little or no information. You state things as if they are absolute fact when you are basing them on 3rd hand information.

The truth is people like you are NEVER satisfied, because what is making you unhappy goes much deeper than what any smartphone can ever fix.
    Winterfang is The Chosen One. He knows all about phones he's never touched :P.

I will check out the phone(s) in person as well.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Oh my God.

Quote Originally Posted by From: Youtube comments View Post
    cnet sucks...this chick will lift the heaviest **** on earth with out any complaint
    Stay classic Nokia fans.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast