Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. pvcleave's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Has anyone that has already gotten the 920, tried using the phone with NFC Tags? I don't know if software comes with it or if you need to download some. Maybe no software is available yet.

    Here is a link that has a video that explains what I am talking about. My understanding was that we would be able to do this with our phone.

    How to program an NFC tag with your Android device | How To - CNET
  2. thekingkrlx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by pvcleave View Post
    Has anyone that has already gotten the 920, tried using the phone with NFC Tags? I don't know if software comes with it or if you need to download some. Maybe no software is available yet.

    Here is a link that has a video that explains what I am talking about. My understanding was that we would be able to do this with our phone.

    How to program an NFC tag with your Android device | How To - CNET
    You can download the app here:
    NfcInteractor.com | NFC tag reader / writer app

    I think you have to buy stickers or tags, but I'm not exactly sure if you can just buy any tags. I dont know how universal the hardware is.
    pvcleave likes this.
  3. madskyllz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    I've tried it, it works. I have a plastic credit-card looking thing that has an NFC chip in it. I got it from a Nokia rep. The phone recognizes it and takes you to their website.

    With that NfcInteractor app, you can read/write to the nfcchip, although I haven't tried writing to it yet.
    pvcleave likes this.
  4. pavvento's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Samsung is selling packets of tags but I can't tell if it allows universal write capabilities or if you need the Samsung app they mention to write them.
    pvcleave likes this.
  5. alicechong7789's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    The Samsung Tectiles tags are made with the Classic 1K chips with 752 bytes of memory. These tags can be used with any App and any NFC phone except Blackberrys and Windows Phones. (Blackberrys and Windows Phones cannot read Classic 1K chips).

    You can buy plain NFC tags for the Windows phone here: NFC Tags, Readers and Software | BUYNFCTAGS.COM. Just don't get the Mifare Classic 1K tags, the NTAGs and Topaz tags are fine though.
  6. qlq5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by alicechong7789 View Post
    The Samsung Tectiles tags are made with the Classic 1K chips with 752 bytes of memory. These tags can be used with any App and any NFC phone except Blackberrys and Windows Phones. (Blackberrys and Windows Phones cannot read Classic 1K chips).

    You can buy plain NFC tags for the Windows phone here: NFC Tags, Readers and Software | BUYNFCTAGS.COM. Just don't get the Mifare Classic 1K tags, the NTAGs and Topaz tags are fine though.
    Actually samsung tags work just fine
  7. smileyh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Where could you get tags? And can you use the one that came with the phone
  8. alicechong7789's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by qlq5 View Post
    Actually samsung tags work just fine
    Yeah i did some testing afterwards, they samsung tags have to NDEF formatted first.
  9. alicechong7789's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyh View Post
    Where could you get tags? And can you use the one that came with the phone
    You can get tags on buynfctags.com . They cost about a dollar each. There's a long list of other places to buy tags here: NFC Tags - XDA-Developers.

    Make sure you either get the NTAGs or get them NDEF formatted. More info here : NFC Phones and NFC Tablets - NFC - GoToTags NFC Software Documentation.

Posting Permissions