NFC Tags

thekingkrlx

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone that has already gotten the 920, tried using the phone with NFC Tags? I don't know if software comes with it or if you need to download some. Maybe no software is available yet.

Here is a link that has a video that explains what I am talking about. My understanding was that we would be able to do this with our phone.

How to program an NFC tag with your Android device | How To - CNET
You can download the app here:
NfcInteractor.com | NFC tag reader / writer app

I think you have to buy stickers or tags, but I'm not exactly sure if you can just buy any tags. I dont know how universal the hardware is.

madskyllz

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've tried it, it works. I have a plastic credit-card looking thing that has an NFC chip in it. I got it from a Nokia rep. The phone recognizes it and takes you to their website.

With that NfcInteractor app, you can read/write to the nfcchip, although I haven't tried writing to it yet.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is selling packets of tags but I can't tell if it allows universal write capabilities or if you need the Samsung app they mention to write them.

qlq5

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung Tectiles tags are made with the Classic 1K chips with 752 bytes of memory. These tags can be used with any App and any NFC phone except Blackberrys and Windows Phones. (Blackberrys and Windows Phones cannot read Classic 1K chips).

You can buy plain NFC tags for the Windows phone here: NFC Tags, Readers and Software | BUYNFCTAGS.COM. Just don't get the Mifare Classic 1K tags, the NTAGs and Topaz tags are fine though.

Actually samsung tags work just fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99