The Farce of the Nokia Lumia 920 in the UK

Bourbs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My friend who works for EE is getting dinner and bowling paid for by nokia to get them to sell more phones. Takes the mick really, no one is going to buy the phone at EE's prices...

karnka

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Not just EE's prices though is it. Expansys may be taking the piss but not Clove. If they priced it at ?520 then that's the price they had to sell it at to make a reasonable margin. Nokia are clearly delusional about what this phone (and the 820) is worth.

Somewhere between ?400-450 IMO. They cannot justify prices north of ?500.

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
EE are tweeting today (13 Nov) that Lumia 920 pre-orders taken online over the past few weeks are being dispatched and should be delivered Wednesday 14th. We shall see!

I looked on twitter and they are saying they will have them in stock from Friday. I don't use twitter so i might have it wrong.

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
From reading this thread I think I already know the answer, but does anyone have any idea on EE's delivery estimates?

I ordered over the phone around 0930 on the 30th (wasn't near a pc) and was told they couldn't put an email address on the system due to 'technical problems'. So no confirmation emails, just a single answerphone message (4 days later) saying the order has processed and to allow 30 days for delivery. Every time I call I get told they have no idea when they'll have stock but others on here seem to be getting info.

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
From reading this thread I think I already know the answer, but does anyone have any idea on EE's delivery estimates?

I ordered over the phone around 0930 on the 30th (wasn't near a pc) and was told they couldn't put an email address on the system due to 'technical problems'. So no confirmation emails, just a single answerphone message (4 days later) saying the order has processed and to allow 30 days for delivery. Every time I call I get told they have no idea when they'll have stock but others on here seem to be getting info.

From reading around all the forums i would guess next week at the earliest as they are also not giving firm dates to tmobile online/phone orders either.

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I got a twitter message from EE today stating that there is up to a 14 day wait for pre-orders due to stock shortages

Looking at the EE twitter timeline they have just told someone they will know when they will get the Nokia 920 stock in at the end of the week!

Looks like it will be end of next week at the earliest.

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the EE twitter timeline they have just told someone they will know when they will get the Nokia 920 stock in at the end of the week!

Looks like it will be end of next week at the earliest.
I'm gonna head into town after work and try to get a sim free one for ?399 @ an EE store then use a virgin sim.

Tired of waiting for EE to deliver this thing

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got a twitter message from EE today stating that there is up to a 14 day wait for pre-orders due to stock shortages

What a wonderful way to communicate with your customers....via social networking sites. Almost as if they are so desperate to have a 'cool hipster' image that they can't see how dumb it is. Surely information on their webpage (or a simple bulk email) would be far more transparent.

Plus I'm in the 15th day of my 14 day wait so that doesn't wash.

Damn I'm sounding like my dad!!! :D

wilcouk

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm an o2 customer and i thought i'd share a recent conversation i had with an EE Customer Service Rep.

Basically explained the situation where i bought the phone from, Phones4u for ?459 "sim free" which apparently had the definition changed recently by themselves, it's obviously locked to the EE network (even says in the About section of the Lumia 920 EE firmware)

So i spoke to Phones4u they told me to speak to my network, i rung o2 they had no idea what to do and it's not their fault either, spoke to EE Rep who was quite helpful, however they CAN unlock the phone for you ONLY if you or someone else has been with them for over 1 month that includes Pay & Go but the Phone has to be registered to the account too, there is a ?15 charge for this hence why you need an account.

So there you go, there's a workaround just not a very good one.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
EE's twitter feed is the least of their problems right now. In twitter's defence, it allows a larger audience to see replies to questions others asked, its not dumb at all. Not having the handsets to sell their customers is the bigger issue here. Orange just confirmed any direct upgrade to a l920 will take atleast 14days... Which I suspect reflects the overall stock shortages mentioned above. The whole launch of this phone has been horrific. Still waiting for a pre order from 2weeks via EE in store.. yawn...

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
EE's twitter feed is the least of their problems right now. In twitter's defence, it allows a larger audience to see replies to questions others asked, its not dumb at all. Not having the handsets to sell their customers is the bigger issue here. Orange just confirmed any direct upgrade to a l920 will take atleast 14days... Which I suspect reflects the overall stock shortages mentioned above. The whole launch of this phone has been horrific. Still waiting for a pre order from 2weeks via EE in store.. yawn...

I agree that it's good for everyone to see the responses but using it as the only method of communication doesn't make sense to me. If I had been sent an email saying they were waiting on stock and to wait until x date for more information I'd have been happy. When customers have to chase for information it's not good service. Every order I've ever had from O2 had confirmation emails for order, stock eta (and once a stock delay) and even despatch.

Having vented all that, I've just had a tweet saying they expect stock on the 16th. It's taken four days to get that info.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The whole shenanigans surrounding this phone leaves alot to be desired.. The EE confirmation email I received last Saturday, a week after my pre order, was infact indicating they had stock in store...just not the handset colour I ordered... It wasn't tied to a specific order in my case, only that it ensures I get a handset when it arrives. 02 may indeed have a better system- I wouldn't know. Their broadband products and services have always done well for me-but im with orange for my mobile. Curiously, P4U called me last week to offer a yellow L920 they had in store- but I declined in the end as I came to want a white one in the end. So I'll just have to wait some more...

Workshop2

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Phones4U now have the yellow Lumia 920. Picked one up just now :D

WHAT? I ordered mine on Monday with head office, they told me it was in stock, but I rang them yesterday and it wasn't in stock anymore. WTF, now I have no idea when I will get it - and the website doesn't say it is out of stock either.

RidingOnTheWind

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Cancelled my order at amazon.de and ordered a yellow "SIM free" one at P4U this morning.
*Should* be here tomorrow. :)
Didn't want to go this way at first as they're not unlocked but after reading that they work with
Virgin SIM cards, I thought I may as well save ?30 and get the free wireless charger.

Workshop2

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Cancelled my order at amazon.de and ordered a yellow "SIM free" one at P4U this morning.
*Should* be here tomorrow. :)
Didn't want to go this way at first as they're not unlocked but after reading that they work with
Virgin SIM cards, I thought I may as well save ?30 and get the free wireless charger.
Did you order yours today? How did you find out you will get it tomorrow?

RidingOnTheWind

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Did you order yours today? How did you find out you will get it tomorrow?
I ordered this morning.
Went into chat earlier and the CSA said it's in the Warehouse, waiting to be dispatched.
As they use RM Special Delivery, it should be here tomorrow.
If not then monday :)
SO glad it's over! (unless people lied and it doesn't really work with Virgin SIMs lol) ;)

Workshop2

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this morning.
Went into chat earlier and the CSA said it's in the Warehouse, waiting to be dispatched.
As they use RM Special Delivery, it should be here tomorrow.
If not then monday :)
SO glad it's over! (unless people lied and it doesn't really work with Virgin SIMs lol) ;)
Wow, so contacted P4U again today. Even though this morning they said they didn't have stock and had no idea when I would get the phone, they are now dispatching my phone - they gave me a tracking number and everything. Odd company :S

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb