Will you wait for the Lumia 920?

Cellus13

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
As most should know WPCENTRAL posted a leaked training video from at&t and the video stated the best news: the Lumia 920 is exclusive to at&t for 6 months.

While it is half a year I know many are getting impatient enough with expecting decent phones from carriers (Verizon & Tmobile). My question is will you wait for the Lumia 920 or will you go with another phone due to the possibility of not having the latest and greatest?

If you are going to wait or not why? If not what phone will you choose?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm already on AT&T and I'll wait for the 920. There's a slim chance I'll go with the 820 though, since I like the idea of a smaller phone with swappable batter and expandable memory.

I will not change carriers though, I also don't see myself settling for the HTC 8x/s.

jaygss

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I will wait until monday or so when I can get it unlocked yellow without contract for 650€.

I get a phone every half year, no time to wait for my contract to end *g*.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have Sprint and AT&T, so for the 920, it will be AT&T.

If I was on Verizon or T-mobile, I definitely would switch to AT&T for the 920. I'm in the NYC region, so the "I have better coverage" talk is for the birds.

sumsk7

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently with Verizon and while I was disappointed the hear we're not getting the 920 at launch, I will most likely be settling for the 822. Five months from now when my contract expires I'll reevaluate my phone options and possible my carrier options but, in the end, I'll must like stick with Verizon.

Shadai

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I still have my old unlimited plan from Verizon so I will be staying with them til they pry it from my cold dead hands.

Unfortunately that means I'm stuck with their phones. So if this is true I may wait as I would rather have the 920 over the 8x.

If not I guess I have to get the 8x but that 16gb non-expandable memory makes me cringe something awful.

stg peper

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I am still on an HTC arrive from sprint and am wondering if I should switch to another carrier or wait for sprint to get it's act together. Any insight or advise you guys could provide would be much appreciated.

lhunter1130

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I am still on an HTC arrive from sprint and am wondering if I should switch to another carrier or wait for sprint to get it's act together. Any insight or advise you guys could provide would be much appreciated.
sprint has no plans to get a windows phone.. they legally have to let you out of your contract with out ETF if you had the arrive since they dont have a way to sell you a new one, fix it or replace with comparable phone. meaning they have absolutely no WP8 in the books for at least 1-2+ years.. and sprint just got bought by a Japanese company.. soo who knows what will happen.. they are about 30 billion in the red between them now

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I am going to see if the AT&T version of the 920 happens to come unlocked and pentaband like the Rogers version (I'm doubtful about this). If it doesn't, then I'll just opt for the 8X because it's still a very good device.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I am going to see if the AT&T version of the 920 happens to come unlocked and pentaband like the Rogers version (I'm doubtful about this). If it doesn't, then I'll just opt for the 8X because it's still a very good device.

Not happening. 8x for you sir

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If it really is 6 months i think by that point we at very least already have leaks or rumors about the next Nokia WP flagship.

Cellus13

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
If it really is 6 months i think by that point we at very least already have leaks or rumors about the next Nokia WP flagship.

That's what im asking: will you get the Lumia 920 even though something else new might come out.

Sorry I also didn't state this: Along with the chance that the 2013 Nokia flagship will be exclusive to at&t again(hypothetical question), will you settle for the Lumia 920 when 6 months is over?

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Something better is always around the corner, but I never worry about that. I get the best phone available at the time which I enjoy using and I don't worry about the next great thing until the end of my two year contract approaches. I like new gadgets as much as the next nerd, but I've never had a problem upgrading every two years to a high-end smartphone.

Personally, my VZW contract ends on Monday. As soon as my local Microsoft Store has both the 8X and the 920 on display and available for sale I will make my decision. If I can get a hands on with both phones and I prefer the 920 I'll be switching to AT&T.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
When my Optimus 7 retired i was almost for sure going to get a 920 when its out.
But after getting my Lumia 710 to work i might just wait out the rest of my contract since i still have a year left. Plus the Lumia 920 isnt on my carrier so i'd have to get an unlocked one for the hefty "flagship smartphone" pricing which im not that keen on doing :) (brokeass student...no moneys)

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Same here...

I will be moving from Verizon to AT&T for the 920. Pretty much the same coverage for me in my neck of the woods.

Me three...probably...and I'll be giving up unlimited data to boot. Need to make sure it runs Good for Enterprise well enough for my work email, and I've read Good all but abandoned WP. If for some reason AT&T is really worse around my house I'll know during the 30/15/whatever trial period.

Silly Putty

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Me three...probably...and I'll be giving up unlimited data to boot. Need to make sure it runs Good for Enterprise well enough for my work email, and I've read Good all but abandoned WP. If for some reason AT&T is really worse around my house I'll know during the 30/15/whatever trial period.

You're crazy. Why give up unlimited data for a phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3