Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squachy View Post
    colon?
    u mean dash?
    Lol yes, I always get those confused.
    Congrats bud. One of a handful with a 920 on tmobile. Straight cash

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Congrats!

just wondering for all the non at&t customers. where are you guys planning to buy the unlocked version of the 920?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyeames View Post
    i believe that "H" stands for HSPA+?
    No, HSDPA (3G).
    Thanked by:

Hey FC3S, nice pics especially of that MX5. Also <3 kouki fc3s over zenki

Gratz on the L920
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I'm so jelly. I really hope it won't be too hard to pick up a T-Mobile working 920 down the road.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    It's awesome that the Rodgers Lumia 920 works on T-Mobile. $650 is a little high but I am going to have to break the piggy bank

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    congrats thanks for sharing this.
    this pretty much makes up my mind for me, I have been using att with my n8, getting speeds of 2+Mbs and I have been happy enough. So if I get the unlocked or international version I will be getting hsupa speeds similar to you...

This is awesome as I was leaning towards HTC 8X so glad to hear first report of L920 on T-mobile besides the reported Rogers unlocked units on WIND. Hope you can get the MMS worked out and customers can get a hold of these unlocked L920 at reasonable prices.

Screenshot posted of Rogers L920 on T-Mobile in Buffalo with full 4G signal.

Lumia 920 for T-Mobile unofficial/official thread
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Yes, I was on Verizon.
    If you were on Verizon...

It seems like a new option, I don't remember seeing this on my old Lumia 900.
    Then how were you using a Lumia 900?

Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Techymexican View Post
    It's awesome that the Rodgers Lumia 920 works on T-Mobile. $650 is a little high but I am going to have to break the piggy bank
    Atleast it isn't $829 like in Australia. That'd be even more in US$. Luckily for me, a retailer mixed up the pre-order prices with the 820 and 920 and I scored the 920 for $699. Still more expensive than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    I used to see an H on my HTC Touch Pro 2 back in the day :) I seem to recall lots of people asking what the H on their phones meant back then - that was when 3G was going live on T-Mobile. Nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaps the dev phones just have the H rather than anything else.
    Ahh, okay. I've only ever seen "E" or "3G" on my own phones, so is all new to me. :P

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I've searched high and low but keep getting different answers, so hopefully someone with phone in hand can tell me if there is support for custom SMS/Alert tones?

Got my data working!

Had to go to settings, access points, and select tmobile. Derp!! I thought everything was handled in cellular settings.

H should be for HSPA+. Gonna do some speed tests now. BRB! :D

Click to view quoted image
    I can not edit the APN. Are you going with the stock T-Mobile settings?

I have seen brief flashes of H+ but I mainly stay on 3G and E.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    I've searched high and low but keep getting different answers, so hopefully someone with phone in hand can tell me if there is support for custom SMS/Alert tones?
    Well there has allways been custom alarm sounds but still no for sms. I would like that feature come in windows phone and quick. And sounds for facebook chat and so on...

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic186 View Post
    If you were on Verizon...

Then how were you using a Lumia 900?

Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:
    I was using it with net 10 prepaid. I've been wanting to switch to windows phone for a while, but the 900 wasn't there yet. With windows phone 8, I'm much more satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    Looks like it's only for ringtones. I tapped on more info and found this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20121104_0002.png   wp_ss_20121104_0001.png  

Are we talking about a device given out at the build conference or an unlocked device from a carrier? In an Engadget interview, Steven Elop said they would not be supporting 1700 MHz anywhere.

I think it's more likely that the person with the Rogers 920 ventured into an area where T-Mobile has already re-farmed their 1900 MHz spectrum. Looking at the map, it appears there is some 1900 MHz 3G coverage in Buffalo.

http://airportal.de/
    Last edited by kendric84; 11-04-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Link to map

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I was using it with net 10 prepaid. I've been wanting to switch to windows phone for a while, but the 900 wasn't there yet. With windows phone 8, I'm much more satisfied.

Looks like it's only for ringtones. I tapped on more info and found this.

Go alarm clock and when setting alarm, there is option to choose ringtone, even custom.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fjbeiderbecke View Post
    I can not edit the APN. Are you going with the stock T-Mobile settings?

I have seen brief flashes of H+ but I mainly stay on 3G and E.
    Yes I am using the stock settings. You can not edit the stock apns, but you can add a new one. I wasn't able to add the mmsc address because of the dash, so I'm just using the stock apn for now.

Where are you located? All I've seen from my phone is H, but we have really good HSPA coverage here.

Quote Originally Posted by kendric84 View Post
    Are we talking about a device given out at the build conference or an unlocked device from a carrier? In an Engadget interview, Steven Elop said they would not be supporting 1700 MHz anywhere.

I think it's more likely that the person with the Rogers 920 ventured into an area where T-Mobile has already re-farmed their 1900 MHz spectrum. Looking at the map, it appears there is some 1900 MHz 3G coverage in Buffalo.

Sightings of T-Mobile 3G/4G/HSPA+ coverage on 1900MHz (PCS/UMTS band II)
    Mine is the dev unit. Its box says that it supports 1700 aws.

Sightings of T-Mobile 3G/4G/HSPA+ coverage on 1900MHz (PCS/UMTS band II)
    That doesn't really mean much. I'm in Queens, NY and there have been reports of 3G showing on unlocked iPhones being used on T-Mobile, even in my immediate area, but I've personally still never seen anything but EDGE on mine. I think there are indeed 920s that are supporting 1700. There are a few being sold on Negri Electronics, for instance.

Here are the settings I am using.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20121104_0001.png   wp_ss_20121104_0002.png  

I think it's more likely that the person with the Rogers 920 ventured into an area where T-Mobile has already re-farmed their 1900 MHz spectrum.
    The Rogers 920 supports UMTS on AWS.

Firstly, it says so right on the box.

Secondly, I confirmed it myself. I put my T-Mo SIM card into a device that I know for sure does NOT support AWS UMTS (it happens to be an unlocked int'l Lumia 900). I get only Edge on that device. I then put the SIM into my Rogers 920. I get 3G.
    TexasLabRat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tai4de2 View Post
    The Rogers 920 supports UMTS on AWS.

Firstly, it says so right on the box.

Secondly, I confirmed it myself. I put my T-Mo SIM card into a device that I know for sure does NOT support AWS UMTS (it happens to be an unlocked int'l Lumia 900). I get only Edge on that device. I then put the SIM into my Rogers 920. I get 3G.

Very excited to hear that! I thought all hope was lost when I watched the Elop interview.
    Last edited by duvi; 11-04-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast