I got a Lumia 920 on TMobile USA

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Got my data working!

Had to go to settings, access points, and select tmobile. Derp!! I thought everything was handled in cellular settings.

H should be for HSPA+. Gonna do some speed tests now. BRB! :D

Click to view quoted image

This a new option in the settings?

I would figure getting data to work would involve having to set up the APN settings manually. (Because there isnt a nokia network setup app...unless its pre-installed on the 920?). At the bottom of the "cellular" option, is there an "edit apn" button?

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
This a new option in the settings?

I would figure getting data to work would involve having to set up the APN settings manually. (Because there isnt a nokia network setup app...unless its pre-installed on the 920?). At the bottom of the "cellular" option, is there an "edit apn" button?

It seems like a new option, I don't remember seeing this on my old Lumia 900.
attachment.php

These 2 apns were already there by default. MMS isn't working though.
attachment.php

nice man. now tell us how fast is the connection you're getting. :D
Speeds are great! I am averaging 8Mbps outside my house.

attachment.php

Well I guess since they put a price up the rest of can wait 7 more days.... Hopefully no more than and sooner!

I hope it comes out in the US really soon. This phone is amazing.

I couldn't add the MMSC Address because the phone wouldn't accept the colon in the "T-Mobile". Still trying to make it work, but at least I have data now. :)

attachment.php

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It seems like a new option, I don't remember seeing this on my old Lumia 900.

These 2 apns were already there by default. MMS isn't working though.

Speeds are great! I am averaging 8Mbps outside my house.

I hope it comes out in the US really soon. This phone is amazing.

I couldn't add the MMSC Address because the phone wouldn't accept the colon in the "T-Mobile". Still trying to make it work, but at least I have data now. :)

colon?
u mean dash?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
congrats thanks for sharing this.
this pretty much makes up my mind for me, I have been using att with my n8, getting speeds of 2+Mbs and I have been happy enough. So if I get the unlocked or international version I will be getting hsupa speeds similar to you...

pilot04

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
This is awesome as I was leaning towards HTC 8X so glad to hear first report of L920 on T-mobile besides the reported Rogers unlocked units on WIND. Hope you can get the MMS worked out and customers can get a hold of these unlocked L920 at reasonable prices.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
It's awesome that the Rodgers Lumia 920 works on T-Mobile. $650 is a little high but I am going to have to break the piggy bank

Atleast it isn't $829 like in Australia. That'd be even more in US$. Luckily for me, a retailer mixed up the pre-order prices with the 820 and 920 and I scored the 920 for $699. Still more expensive than you.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I used to see an H on my HTC Touch Pro 2 back in the day :) I seem to recall lots of people asking what the H on their phones meant back then - that was when 3G was going live on T-Mobile. Nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaps the dev phones just have the H rather than anything else.

Ahh, okay. I've only ever seen "E" or "3G" on my own phones, so is all new to me. :p

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I've searched high and low but keep getting different answers, so hopefully someone with phone in hand can tell me if there is support for custom SMS/Alert tones?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)