Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Banner18 View Post
    My awesome ATT Salesperson just let me know I can preorder!!!

According to her:

"The system states pre-order before 11/8 at 3pm to receive by 11/9."

WOOO HOOO!!!!!
    Seriously?

According to her:

WOOO HOOO!!!!!
    Give me that number

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

According to her:

WOOO HOOO!!!!!
    So she told you pre orders today? or on the 8th

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts

According to her:

WOOO HOOO!!!!!
    Stop teasing you *******

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    LOL, cruel F'king joke...

It's legit...

Hoping to get off work head home to get my surface which is being delivered today..if I have time before they close I will head down and let you know how it goes...

I've been using a loaner phone for 2 months waiting for this thing....dying to get a hold of it...and I am sure my salesperson is too...then I will quit bugging her ;)

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonemilk View Post
    So she told you pre orders today? or on the 8th
    She said I could go in now...if it wasn't for being only a week into a new job I would be gone already!!!
    Last edited by Banner18; 11-05-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Added to it

I just tried calling my AT&T store, the guy said that the Note II pre-orders are starting today, but they still have no information about the Lumia 920.

Good luck with yours Banner.

It's legit...

Hoping to get off work head home to get my surface which is being delivered today..if I have time before they close I will head down and let you know how it goes...

I've been using a loaner phone for 2 months waiting for this thing....dying to get a hold of it...and I am sure my salesperson is too...then I will quit bugging her ;)
    I'll believe it when you have a confirmed order - not taking anything by phone? In-person only?

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    My Local AT&T just informed me that the weekend availability is correct(Didn't have them elaborate on whether or not Friday is considered the weekend), but that they cannot comment on preorder availability until AT&T officially releases that information.

So either Banner is lying or the employee just didn't care and told him.

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    Is anyone else thinking that there might be a production issue? First they ship about 40 920s to Canada, now Nokia announces a launch even for the Persian Gulf states.

You would think the USA, Europe and China would get priority due to market size.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTripp View Post
    Is anyone else thinking that there might be a production issue? First they ship about 40 920s to Canada, now Nokia announces a launch even for the Persian Gulf states.

You would think the USA, Europe and China would get priority due to market size.
    Well it's a known fact that WP8 firmware was late. And that training at AT&T took place last week and this week.

So delaying the firmware availability to carriers delayed testing/training.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stadifer View Post
    The Courier was killed ages ago.
    Yes, it was. get it now?

What a joke. I called my AT&T store and the lady said she has no info on that and how I can just go to the AT&T website and pre-order there (which you obviously can't). If this people are that clueless so close to launch then I'm at a loss for words.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Just called my local store.

This time they actually changed their tone and had more details other than "current date is on or after 11/9".

Details:

Phone will be available on 11/9 (launch date)
    Phone WILL come with a base charger (though not entirely sure if he knew what I was asking)
    Phone will be $99.99 (asked him 3x if that was the price for the lumia 920)
    No preorder simply show up and buy it.

I'm going to stop by on the way home from work to verify again.

I just had a live chat with an AT&T rep, and they knew nothing.

$99.99???

Slashgear has some new comparison photos up against an IPhone 5. I thought they looked a bit better than the comparison photos they posted against a GSIII, but still nothing to write home about, unless it's to express disappointment.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B T C View Post
    I just had a live chat with an AT&T rep, and they knew nothing.

$99.99???

Slashgear has some new comparison photos up against an IPhone 5. I thought they looked a bit better than the comparison photos they posted against a GSIII, but still nothing to write home about, unless it's to express disappointment.
    He was probably confusing it with the 8GB HTX 8X which is 99.

Quote Originally Posted by jsgiv View Post
    Just called my local store.

This time they actually changed their tone and had more details other than "current date is on or after 11/9".

Details:

Phone will be available on 11/9 (launch date)
    Phone WILL come with a base charger (though not entirely sure if he knew what I was asking)
    Phone will be $99.99 (asked him 3x if that was the price for the lumia 920)
    No preorder simply show up and buy it.

I'm going to stop by on the way home from work to verify again.

That's still much better than what I was told. LOL

But if it's really coming out in a few days, why not just say it? What, are they going to make the official announcement the same day it goes on sale?

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaulerX View Post
    That's still much better than what I was told. LOL

But if it's really coming out in a few days, why not just say it? What, are they going to make the official announcement the same day it goes on sale?
    Typically store reps aren't suppose to release any information until AT&T officially does. But a lot of times they don't give a **** or just don't know. Which is why me and others got an availability date out of them.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I'm personally not worried about it anymore. Come Black Friday here in the US, there is a good chance Amazon will have it for a penny. I'm fine waiting. My Lumia 900 still works great, and I would prefer to save the money.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with a pretty knowledgeable rep @ AT&T Premier customer care, they were pretty diligent about locating detailed info about the 920, i.e...price, availability, free wireless charging pad and they came up empty on everything.

If the 920 just "shows up" with a soft date on the 9th, I would be highly surprised with the supposed hard date of the 11th.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    So if we preordered on Best Buy??? When will this ship? Anyone have any idea? I already have an order in for my Red 920 would love to see it show up on the 9th :D

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    I've seen the AT&T ad with the 920 shooting the highschool football like 20 times this weekend. Then again I watch a lot of football.
    I watch a lot of football, too, but that's an AT&T 4G commercial, not a 920-specific commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmurphy View Post
    I'm personally not worried about it anymore. Come Black Friday here in the US, there is a good chance Amazon will have it for a penny. I'm fine waiting. My Lumia 900 still works great, and I would prefer to save the money.
    Heck yeah, man! I'm not going to miss out on saving some cash just to get a phone as soon as it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbush View Post
    Just got off the phone with a pretty knowledgeable rep @ AT&T Premier customer care, they were pretty diligent about locating detailed info about the 920, i.e...price, availability, free wireless charging pad and they came up empty on everything.

If the 920 just "shows up" with a soft date on the 9th, I would be highly surprised with the supposed hard date of the 11th.
    Interesting. I'm a Premier customer as well. I was thinking about calling them when I read your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by fulnix View Post
    So if we preordered on Best Buy??? When will this ship? Anyone have any idea? I already have an order in for my Red 920 would love to see it show up on the 9th :D
    Aren't BB 920 pre-orders cancelled?

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Pretty much like most have said MS has no feel for marketing and the carriers along with the OEM's have pretty much fumbled this launch. The lack of information suggest a problem with manufacturing, Last minute bugs in the OS, or just that the carriers testing isn't worth the poo it's always been. My guess is the former. i wonder what the show stopping bug or OS problem is because the entire WP8 is affected in that dates have shifted like crazy for this launch. This is when MS should have been doing there released if the OEM's were this far back on getting phones ready.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    I watch a lot of football, too, but that's an AT&T 4G commercial, not a 920-specific commercial.

Heck yeah, man! I'm not going to miss out on saving some cash just to get a phone as soon as it comes out.

Interesting. I'm a Premier customer as well. I was thinking about calling them when I read your comment.

Aren't BB 920 pre-orders cancelled?
    I am a Premier customer as well and I just got done with a chat with a Premier agent and they had no info to pass along. I also called a local store and got the same. I don't know what to believe.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast