Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree36Likes

I know I am brand new here however I just signed up to add any info I could....

Conversation with my best friend that is an At&t sales rep via text

Me: Any news on my new phone yet?
    Him: funny you sent that, we are at training right now.... I think its coming on the 11th

So take that information for what it is, that could mean that pre-orders could arrive on the 9th and in store launch on the 11th but who knows. If he gets any other information I will gladly post it.

I am just as eager as all of you

I don't understand why we should have to wait for sales people to be trained on a phone before they release it for preorders.

People who want to preorder the phone don't need a sales person to show them what it can do. They should be taking orders and shipping them to people who already know what they want.

I personally hardly ever talk to sales people regarding technology purchases and having to wait for one to be trained before getting a device I want is somewhat annoying.

I'm pretty sure what people in the forum want more than anything is a date. Any date. If AT&T came out today and said "Lumia 920 will arrive December 1st" I would be highly irate but at least it would be SOMETHING.

Right now, we have nothing. Any date coming from AT&T would be nice. I feel they have been too silent on this for too long.
    Developer

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Terrible launch. Want to buy, can't buy.

Meanwhile apple is making money because they know how to actually satisfy demand.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    Aren't BB 920 pre-orders cancelled?
    I've heard some of them have been. I've checked mine multiple times and it is not canceled as of yet. I've also heard reports that BB is getting an extremely limited quantity and had to cancel some of them. I'll keep you posted but as of right now my order has not been canceled.

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgiv View Post
    Verizon Wireless will carry the Windows Phone 8X by HTC for $199.99 with a two-year contract, and the Nokia Lumia 822, exclusive to Verizon, for $99.99 with a two-year contract. Both will be available by Thanksgiving.
    ^Right, but why not start accepting pre-orders now? I don't work for a tech company and don't claim to know much about coordinating a product launch, but it seems that it would behoove any company with customers eager to order your product to let them do it sooner rather than later, especially if the wait time is only a few weeks. Seems pretty weird to me that if AT&T and/or VZW know they'll be selling the phones within a matter of weeks then they're delaying the pre-orders.

For reference from a VZW customer (me), all they've offered so far is to put me on their email notification system to alert me about any status updates to their WP8 offerings. Again, I don't know why they won't let me order a phone now if they know they'll be available and in stores before the end of this month.

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcneil330 View Post
    I don't understand why we should have to wait for sales people to be trained on a phone before they release it for preorders.

People who want to preorder the phone don't need a sales person to show them what it can do. They should be taking orders and shipping them to people who already know what they want.
    +1 totally. If the availability of the phones is imminent people know what they want, why delay the pre-orders??

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    Sadly whatever country the OP represents isn't the whole world. I have a feeling that we're talking about the USA, cos rarely other nationalities make posts that seem to imply being the center of the world (sorry :D), but yeah, many countries have had preorders rolling for a long time.

It's most likely just your carrier(s) being slow/whatever.
    How about checking the nationalist and ethnocentric BS at the door? Poor me whining and moaning happens all of the world, or didn't you notice the very non-US centric garbage regarding the shipment of Surface RT tablets to other countries? Oh, some of that happens to have been from Finland....

There is another thread that is reporting the 9th from a lot of people that have contacted their att store. It also looks like it will be priced at $99. I think Friday is the day.

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    This launch is all over the map and adds a nail to WP8.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Their lack of organization is killing them. (Nokia's and Microsoft's)

It's baffling how something like this can happen. It's almost 2013 and we still have this crap.

Misinformation, lies, photo fiascos, problems, delays, only 40 phones for Canada, bad firmware for the camera on the 920, exclusive colores, no one cares for Latin Amrica (still not even an announcement), ETC, ETC, ETC.

I am really pissed at Nokia and Microsoft.

You thought with a billion dollars from Microsoft Nokia would have thought this through better.

You thought Microsoft spending 1.5 billion on marketing for Windows 8 could have gotten Windows phones out faster.

That is why Microsoft has become what it is and why Nokia is losing billions.

BAD management.

Even though I would pay 1,000 US Dollars if I could just go to the store that is 1 minute away from my house and pick up a Lumia 920.

Sigh... :dry

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calot View Post
    Their lack of organization is killing them. (Nokia's and Microsoft's)

It's baffling how something like this can happen. It's almost 2013 and we still have this crap.

Misinformation, lies, photo fiascos, problems, delays, only 40 phones for Canada, bad firmware for the camera on the 920, exclusive colores, no one cares for Latin Amrica (still not even an announcement), ETC, ETC, ETC.

I am really pissed at Nokia and Microsoft.

You thought with a billion dollars from Microsoft Nokia would have thought this through better.

You thought Microsoft spending 1.5 billion on marketing for Windows 8 could have gotten Windows phones out faster.

That is why Microsoft has become what it is and why Nokia is losing billions.

BAD management.

Even though I would pay 1,000 US Dollars if I could just go to the store that is 1 minute away from my house and pick up a Lumia 920.

Sigh... :dry
    Why would you be pissed at Nokia or Microsoft?

This is on AT&T.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Why would you be pissed at Nokia or Microsoft?

This is on AT&T.
    WHY? Did you read my post?

Because I'm in Mxico and there hasn't even been an announcement

No announcement for Latin Amrica!

No unlocked prices for the US

The camera on the 920 is not optimised for well-lit enviroments

No CLEAR release date.

It is clearly Microsoft's and Nokia's fault.

Small availability here and there.

NO BIG A$$ LAUNCH.

No awesome event where you can pre-order 5 days later (Like Apple, and their 5 million phones sold in three days)

I could go on for a few more paragraphs...

Get my picture?

If Microsoft and Nokia would do what they should, we would all have our beloved Lumias right now.

It was announced 2 months ago! That is NOT kewl.

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Not just AT&T. Verizon is similarly non-committal. All this does is make current WP users worry and consider jumping ship, and potential new users forget about "that new Windows Phone thingy" they might have read about weeks ago.

Call me fairweather or fickle, but I, too, have growing doubts about staying on a platform where execution is poor. The whole idea of WP8 was them CATCHING UP to the rest of the industry in terms of modern hardware and apps. But by the S4 chip these devices are using was already non-state-of-the-art when they announced it, and now several S4 pro devices are shipping. Likewise, 1080p screens will become commonplace by next summer, but WP8 doesn't support them.

I already hear the chorus...."we need don't need LagDroid specs for smooth operation on our devices." Sure. But you're still spending 2-3 months of your device's 12 month prime....waiting for the darn thing to actually come out! Same for the 46 of the top 50 apps. That determination was made months ago. Does anyone really think we have 46 of the CURRENT top 50 apps? Or 46 of the top 50 apps around Christmas time?

I love this platform....i do. But nobody wants to be stuck in neutral or first while the rest of the industry flies by them. We have the most modern UI, but virtually everything else is in the Paleolithic era for smartphones and this slow speed is what dooms dinosaurs - even powerful, ferocious, multi-billion dollar ones - to extinction.

Another day which I doubt we'll get preorder information.

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    There's plenty of blame to go around. AT&T, Microsoft and Nokia have all mishandled this launch together. It's not just annoying, it's frankly very discouraging. As I've said before, this reminds me too much of the sad history of webOS/Palm/Sprint/HP. The situation is enough to make me reconsider my original plan to upgrade from my Quantum to a 920.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920 > iPhone 5S

The official launch with Nokia and Microsoft CEOs will take a place in Moscow today at 18:30 MSK (text and prabably video translation)! And sales already started at 10:00 MSK: $833 for Lumia920 and $666 (well 19990rub divided by 30) for Lumia820! FINALLY! So happy!

OK, everyone can come back off the ledge now:

AT&T announces pricing and availability for its Windows Phone 8 lineup -- Engadget

Breathe, people. Breathe.

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STM 69 View Post
    OK, everyone can come back off the ledge now:

AT&T announces pricing and availability for its Windows Phone 8 lineup -- Engadget

Breathe, people. Breathe.
    That's very aggressive, and exactly the kind of move needed to give WP8 a fighting chance in the marketplace. That kind of deal makes it much more palatable to give WP8 a chance. Why did it take so long to work this out?

Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920 > iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebullout View Post
    That's very aggressive, and exactly the kind of move needed to give WP8 a fighting chance in the marketplace. That kind of deal makes it much more palatable to give WP8 a chance. Why did it take so long to work this out?

I'm guessing $149 was the agreed upon price at one point and then some last-minute negotiations got it down to $99.

What I don't get is why the 8X date was held up as well. Obviously with it selling for TWICE the price of the Lumia 920 on AT&T, HTC is in deep doo doo.

Quote Originally Posted by doublebullout View Post

We'll never know....or care.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdaynight View Post
    I'm guessing $149 was the agreed upon price at one point and then some last-minute negotiations got it down to $99.

What I don't get is why the 8X date was held up as well. Obviously with it selling for TWICE the price of the Lumia 920 on AT&T, HTC is in deep doo doo.
    Deep mofockin doodoo. $99 for an 8GB 8X seems pointless.

At $99, the 920 really has a chance to gain some ground.

I can't understand why they didn't announce this ONE friggin' month ago.

IM SURE it would have gotten MUCH more hype, the reviewers would have been A LOT nicer to a $99 device and IM SURE it would have gotten a lot of people off the iPhone 5 wagon.

Those executives responsible for these desicions seem very mongoloid.

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    The phone clearly wasn't ready a month ago. There have been far too many reviews and hands-on with "pre-production software", and Nokia hasn't really been shipping them in big volume anywhere in the world, as far as I know.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    920 at $99? That's interesting indeed.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456