Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Good stuff,
    Last edited by palandri; 11-04-2012 at 07:54 AM. Reason: link

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    are the stores even open yet?
    firewall2302 likes this.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    480€ in Finland ;D

Global Posts
    2,515 Global Posts
    Sadly whatever country the OP represents isn't the whole world. I have a feeling that we're talking about the USA, cos rarely other nationalities make posts that seem to imply being the center of the world (sorry :D), but yeah, many countries have had preorders rolling for a long time.

It's most likely just your carrier(s) being slow/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonemilk View Post
    Good stuff,
    It's still only 9am EST, I'm hopeful that we'll hear something later today. Hopefully tomorrow at the latest. If not tomorrow, I will REALLY be scratching my head going "WTF?"

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonemilk View Post
    Good stuff,
    This isn't Christmas. Santa isn't bringing you a new phone announcement to be waiting for you under the tree when you wake up.

I'd wait until at least noon before getting my feathers all ruffled since the stores in my area don't even open until 11:00 on Sundays.
  7. cgk

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    Sadly whatever country the OP represents isn't the whole world. I have a feeling that we're talking about the USA, cos rarely other nationalities make posts that seem to imply being the center of the world (sorry :D), but yeah, many countries have had preorders rolling for a long time.

It's most likely just your carrier(s) being slow/whatever.

Except in Europe, Nokia have blown the release date - it's already gone back by two weeks and might slip further. If it was one carrier in one country, yeah it could be the carrier - but there is nothing to suggest any carriers anywhere in Europe have this phone.

Global Posts
    2,515 Global Posts
    I can't recall Nokia saying any earlier release for the Luma 920 around here anyways?

As for Finland, the only date we've ever gotten is 22nd of November, which is at least not yet blown :D That is the first and last, current and only date Finland has ever gotten. I recall some third party retailers promising early November and then having to move the date, but at least publicly I cant recall seeing Nokia promise those dates.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I forgot that our clocks changed this morning... Lol
    metalchick719 likes this.

If att hasn't met their iphone objective, maybe the coy Nokia 920 rollout is due to the fact that iphone isn't hitting numbers for att yet.

Hey guys, have you by chance checked the Microsoft Store class schedules? I found a few listings for an "Introduction to Windows 8", but in the description it lists a run-through of WP8 features. Maybe that means they will have some phones in stores to use for this demonstration?

Microsoft Store Locations

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I'll wait for December/Early January to be honest. I lost all hope =/
    iphonemilk likes this.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I think Nokia spoke about Release Dates in most countrys. In Germany for example, they said they release it on monday on Vodafone and a smaller provider. But Vodafone still gave no information to their customers..., what a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    I'll wait for December/Early January to be honest. I lost all hope =/
    You don't even want the Lumia so STFU
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex View Post
    While I won't defend Fang for being a frequent troll I do want to point out that the AT&T 8X and 820 customers are also waiting for their release information as well.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I've never seen a phone get so many teasers but absolutely no dates for release like the Lumia.

We want to sell it but won't give you a clue as to where and when.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    WTF AT&T. I am really pissed. I want my Nokia Lumia 920 RIGHT NOW! Please take my money. I called ATT this morning to see if I can pre-order. The lady put me on hold for few minutes saying that she is bringing up the order form... my hopes were high.. then she started apologizing and said I cannot order and there is no release date as yet.

I sewer, this is very frustrating when they announce a phone that everybody wants and then don't talk about the availability and pricing...

This is the reason why Windows Phone will not catch up with Android or Apple. Period.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Nokia will be sorry if a new qwerty slider wp8 or a nexus 4 LTE announces before I can get my 920.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMasterWard View Post
    Hey guys, have you by chance checked the Microsoft Store class schedules? I found a few listings for an "Introduction to Windows 8", but in the description it lists a run-through of WP8 features. Maybe that means they will have some phones in stores to use for this demonstration?

Microsoft Store Locations
    I did drop by the Microsoft Holiday store in our region and asked about the availability and price of Windows Phones. The lady told me that they are also making the decision about which phones, brands, colors and carriers to take then. She is also not sure whether the phones will be locked or unlocked. But she is sure that they will carry it during the holiday season.

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I Understand people are frustrated, I am too - However, I do not want a phone launch based on consumer demand as they are typically driven by instant gratification. I want a launch based on a near bug free phone across all carriers. WP8 will not be remembered for a confusing launch, it will be remembered for how the OS works out of the box. If its launched riddled with bugs, it will get crucified, in contrast, if it releases near bug free, consumer confidence will grow exponentially, as people just want things to work. This is much more desirable then "just" getting it to market. I know we all understand this, but relax fellow WP lovers, we have a huge uphill battle against IOS and Android, believe me, we want a solid OS release. Think how pissed you would be if you were given this magical launch date, and they missed it? WP is under the worlds microscope right now, any wrong move will be devastating to the OS. I know if I were in a position to comment on the official date, I would be saying NOTHING until God himself approved. Support it, change your thoughts to, Id rather have a near bug free launch and you will feel better :) At least it is coming.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex View Post
    Why are you so aggressive, I just wants the phones to be out for everyone.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    If these guys don't hurry up and announce soon, I'm gonna spend my saved up Nokia/HTC money on weed.
    aubreyq likes this.
    Lmao! Too funny, I keep separate money stashes for my tech and my kush. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by nabiscuit View Post
    If these guys don't hurry up and announce soon, I'm gonna spend my saved up Nokia/HTC money on weed.
    At&t are, as usual, pushing Windows Phone to the back. They say they're going to push it aggressively, but don't. I firmly believe they want to push it back yo help pad their holiday numbers. Who knows, really, all purely speculation. But one thing we do know is At&t isn't convinced that Windows Phone is going to make it, yet.

Local AT&T store says they know it's coming soon, nothing more - no training, etc. Said they typically get their training 'day of'.

Called AT&T cust svc & they tell me absolutely 11/11 - even scheduled a call back for one of their reps to call me on 11/11 to confirm availability & take my order.

Hopelly the 11/9 rumor is true so when they call & can tell them I'm talking to them on my new phone :)
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast