Lumia 920 from Orange UK

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I just posted this on another thread but I'll post it again - I ordered mine on Ornage yesterday, had the email to confirm I passed credit check etc but not delivery email. Have been told it will be sent royal mail first class recorded so if it's sent today might get it any time between Sat - Wed (although phones4u told me up to the 19th just in case - you know what the royal mail is like).

However I just got a call from one of the Cardiff Phones4U stores to say that they have them in right now so if you really want one now pop to your local store or call them chances are they have them in!

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just posted this on another thread but I'll post it again - I ordered mine on Ornage yesterday, had the email to confirm I passed credit check etc but not delivery email. Have been told it will be sent royal mail first class recorded so if it's sent today might get it any time between Sat - Wed (although phones4u told me up to the 19th just in case - you know what the royal mail is like).

However I just got a call from one of the Cardiff Phones4U stores to say that they have them in right now so if you really want one now pop to your local store or call them chances are they have them in!

Did you order via phone or online?

danmorrissey

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I have just spoken to a chap from the upgrades dept of Phones4U. I was chatting to him about the new Lumias (he kept getting the 820 and 920 and their respective network availability wrong) and he was adamant that the version of the 920 you can buy on orange is NOT a LTE compatible one. I'd like to get one on 3G and then migrate to 4G when the prices are more competitive, but he was convinced that wouldn't be possible if you don't buy it on 4G to start with... That's wrong, right?!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Did it connect to Indian call centre? I've spoken to their manager when I had issues. He even emailed me the screen they had on computer. They've been given wrong print outs as well as on-screen instruction. According to that, he is correct. However, he said it was an error as far as he knew, but cannot say other wise as he isn't in an authority to say if the handset actually will work on 4G.

Next thing I did was call Orange, told them I wanted to leave unless I can go to EE straight away. They told me I will have to have a new phone contract. I said I wouldn't as I already own a Lumia 920 so don't need a phone, just a new SIM plan. They've offered me EE SIM plans (essentially same as phone plans, but with ?15 off on all plans each month). So, EE guys (Scotland?) knows that Lumia 920 is 4G compatible as they've been sent the correct documentation ;)

oakworth

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
After being on the phone to Orange, they told me that they will start to sell the Lumia 920 from November the 9th (Friday)!

hi,ive had lumia 920 since 12th november on orange but i got it from phones4u on a orange 3g contract and got the phone free on a ?36 contract.They had quite a few different price plans

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa