Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. red grenadine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    558 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    So this is an issue on the Lumia 900, even with Nokia Purity Headphones. If the screen is locked, the pause/play/next/previous controls don't work or only work sporadically. Everything works fine when the screen is on or the phone is unlocked.

    Can anyone confirm that this is fixed and that they can use inline controls when the phone is locked and the screen is off?

    Thanks
  2. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,934 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    I just tried it with some old apple earbuds. I can play and pause with the screen off. Volume up and down do not work. Just paused and resumed 5 times in a row. No issues.
  3. red grenadine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    558 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    I just tried it with some old apple earbuds. I can play and pause with the screen off. Volume up and down do not work. Just paused and resumed 5 times in a row. No issues.
    How about skip forward and skip backward?
  4. jmerrey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,778 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,837 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    We need someone to try this with a 3 button headset that works with wp7/8. Most of the 3 button units out there are designed to work with apple, so skip forward/back isn't going to work at all. That said, the fact that the apple headset paused and played with the screen off is a good sign I think.

    I'm planning on getting a 920 on launch day, so I'll reply to this thread with an answer asap, unless someone can do it sooner.
  5. red grenadine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    558 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    We need someone to try this with a 3 button headset that works with wp7/8. Most of the 3 button units out there are designed to work with apple, so skip forward/back isn't going to work at all. That said, the fact that the apple headset paused and played with the screen off is a good sign I think.

    I'm planning on getting a 920 on launch day, so I'll reply to this thread with an answer asap, unless someone can do it sooner.
    Great. I appreciate this. It's a deciding factor on whether or not I buy this phone.

    If you could also comment on gapless music playback that would be really appreciated as well.

    The Lumia 900 was unfortunately 0/2 on these 2 factors, which are quite important to me
  6. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,934 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by red grenadine View Post
    Great. I appreciate this. It's a deciding factor on whether or not I buy this phone.

    If you could also comment on gapless music playback that would be really appreciated as well.

    The Lumia 900 was unfortunately 0/2 on these 2 factors, which are quite important to me
    I don't see anything about gapless playback in the music settings, maybe I'm not looking in the right place though.

    I also have some samsung galaxy headphones at home. I will try it tonight after work.
  7. red grenadine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    558 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    I don't see anything about gapless playback in the music settings, maybe I'm not looking in the right place though.

    I also have some samsung galaxy headphones at home. I will try it tonight after work.
    It's not so much a music setting as it should be automatic. If you listen to a album where songs fade in/out and connect to each other (e.g. live music, Pink Floyd, etc.) there shouldn't be an audible gap. Zunes and iPods/iPhones do this. WP7 did not.
  8. red grenadine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    558 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    We need someone to try this with a 3 button headset that works with wp7/8. Most of the 3 button units out there are designed to work with apple, so skip forward/back isn't going to work at all. That said, the fact that the apple headset paused and played with the screen off is a good sign I think.

    I'm planning on getting a 920 on launch day, so I'll reply to this thread with an answer asap, unless someone can do it sooner.
    Looking forward to your experience. Do you happen to have the Nokia purity headphones?
  9. maverick786us's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,071 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by red grenadine View Post
    So this is an issue on the Lumia 900, even with Nokia Purity Headphones. If the screen is locked, the pause/play/next/previous controls don't work or only work sporadically. Everything works fine when the screen is on or the phone is unlocked.

    Can anyone confirm that this is fixed and that they can use inline controls when the phone is locked and the screen is off?

    Thanks
    Which Purity HD headset do you own I own Purity HD WH-930 which doesn't have Rewind and Farword Controls it only has pause, + and - controls
  10. red grenadine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    558 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick786us View Post
    Which Purity HD headset do you own I own Purity HD WH-930 which doesn't have Rewind and Farword Controls it only has pause, + and - controls
    Wh-920. Even so, you should have volume up/down and a center button. Double tap center button should be skip forward, triple tap should be skip back
    maverick786us likes this.
  11. maverick786us's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,071 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by red grenadine View Post
    Wh-920. Even so, you should have volume up/down and a center button. Double tap center button should be skip forward, triple tap should be skip back
    thanks for the information. Even in my case it doesn't work well when the screen is locked. At locked screen its all the matter of luck sometimes the pause key works sometimes it doesn't sometimes it work on double tap, sometimes it skips the song on double tap.
  12. red grenadine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    558 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick786us View Post
    thanks for the information. Even in my case it doesn't work well when the screen is locked. At locked screen its all the matter of luck sometimes the pause key works sometimes it doesn't sometimes it work on double tap, sometimes it skips the song on double tap.
    Yep, that's the issue all of us have.

    Seems to be Nokia-specific as it works on my Focus at least. Very frustrating
  13. jmerrey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,778 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,837 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by red grenadine View Post
    Looking forward to your experience. Do you happen to have the Nokia purity headphones?
    I have the purity in-ear as well as the on-ear, so I'll try both. By the way, I'm getting a yellow phone, so I may not be able to give you the info on launch day.
  14. red grenadine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    558 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #14  
    Any update from anyone out there?
  15. jhoff80's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,416 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,395 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    I haven't had enough time to do extensive testing, I usually only use headphones on the way to and from work.

    However, in the few minutes I was playing around with it, it does seem more responsive if you do it while music is running. One time when I had music paused, it didn't respond to the button press to unpause it, but I haven't been able to duplicate that yet.

    So I would say so far, much better than the 900, but I can't say for sure if it's perfect.

    I'm testing with a Phonak PFE-122 headset, which is a single-button headset.
  16. goldie_rt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    The completely unwearable headphones from my HTC HD7S work for volume, pause/play, and skip forward when the phone is locked (and active). I can't skip backwards at all, but I can activate & use voice control (when the phone is active).

    But...never, under any circumstances, should you attempt to wear these headphones, they are not designed for human ears.
  17. red grenadine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    558 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #17  
    It works! It works! Whoooo

    Lumia 920 plus Nokia Purity. Pause / Play / Skip / Back works with the phone locked and screen off. Thank God

Posting Permissions

";