Nokia Lumia 920 is available on 11/9 for purchase

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Yea I never said he was lying. I said he was lying or the guy at att didn't know what he was talking about and that it was probably the latter. It's just a way of being facetious while really only implying the second statement.

You can cry all day and night about what I said but the fact of the matter is, I got Halo 4 yesterday, I get an Obama win today, and preorder a 920 for $99 tomorrow.

I won life this week.

Oh you're an Obama supporter? It all makes sense now.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I really want to know now if we can order at midnight tonight.....and if so will it be delivered by launch or....

I don't know about a midnight pre-order date but I jumped onto AT&T Wireless online support chat to inquire about the delivery date for the 920's... The agent said that the phones ship 2-3 business days so I'd say 50/50 about actually getting the handset this week if you order online.

I asked if I'm better off going to the store to make sure I get the phone launch day and the agent generally agreed with the statement but noted she had no info about store sales.

esarz

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about a midnight pre-order date but I jumped onto AT&T Wireless online support chat to inquire about the delivery date for the 920's... The agent said that the phones ship 2-3 business days so I'd say 50/50 about actually getting the handset this week if you order online.

I asked if I'm better off going to the store to make sure I get the phone launch day and the agent generally agreed with the statement but noted she had no info about store sales.

Thanks for asking... I guess maybe at midnight/pre-order time we will find out what the shipping looks like

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
99.99?!?!? If that's true.. Ima do backflips.

Well yea it is this year because it's Sunday lol

It isn't happening bud.

Because we have already seen Best Buy and Ebay/BBY open preorders for $149 and on Nokia's on 920 page they had a picture showing a phone that said $149 AT&T

Here are the gems of the thread. Just eat your crow and move on. It should be quite tasty today with the news of the 920.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Tried calling a couple stores to see if they'd have units on Friday: one didn't answer, and the other one said "that's the first I've heard of this" when I mentioned the press release, and said he had no idea when they'd have anything in stock.

Good to see the Lumia 920 getting the solid support it deserves in order to generate sales.... :p

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Tried calling a couple stores to see if they'd have units on Friday: one didn't answer, and the other one said "that's the first I've heard of this" when I mentioned the press release, and said he had no idea when they'd have anything in stock.

Good to see the Lumia 920 getting the solid support it deserves in order to generate sales.... :p

Yeah I think it's because Nokia is still very much an international company. Focus on the US market is still a weak point in their strategy.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
This was sort of answered earlier in the thread, but I'm looking for some clarification.

I'm a current VZW customer and really want the 920. My contract ended yesterday.

Can I pre-order online with AT&T? If so, will my VZW iPhone 4 continue to function until I receive the 920? I want to port my number over, but I've never pre-ordered from a different carrier before so I'm not sure how it will work.

Does anyone have any experience with doing a pre-order on a device while you are still a customer of a different wireless provider?

Thanks on advance.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
This was sort of answered earlier in the thread, but I'm looking for some clarification.

I'm a current VZW customer and really want the 920. My contract ended yesterday.

Can I pre-order online with AT&T? If so, will my VZW iPhone 4 continue to function until I receive the 920? I want to port my number over, but I've never pre-ordered from a different carrier before so I'm not sure how it will work.

Does anyone have any experience with doing a pre-order on a device while you are still a customer of a different wireless provider?

Thanks on advance.

Pre-orders simply take down your information. Nothing gets processed till the phone is prepped to ship. In the case of porting your number, I would actually hold off on that. Normally they'll start the process before shipping your phone, which can potentially disconnect your current Verizon line before the phone gets to you.

Do the port after you get your new phone. Not to mention, this gives you time to try the phone before jumping ship from Verizon and potentially losing out on the upgrade you currently have available to you.

Once you are all settled in your new Lumia on AT&T and are ready to bring your number over, simply dial 611, talk to a rep, and tell them you want to port a number. They'll get things started for you, and bring you number over.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

Thanks on advance.

One of two things might happen.

Once you pre-order the phone, they might no activate the ported line. One you get the phone, then you can call to the customer care and activate it.

The other way is, just order the phone as a new line... once you get the phone, call the customer service and put in a porting request. Once the number is ported, the other line with VZW should automatically cancel.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Thanks on advance.

I've done a corporate wide migration and dealt with a lot of porting from Tmobile to ATT, so i am applying this based on my experience with Tmobile to ATT.

let verizon know you are planning to port, they will note it on their system and the porting process would be initiated by ATT once you are in store to buy. If you decide to preorder and get teh phone shipped to you, just go through the porting process through online portal of customer service, your existing phone should work until you actually activate the phone. So you literally can receive your att phone and hold for 10 days and your current verizon phone will still work until it activates. That is was the case when we did ports.

AlexOwliver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy

So I actually was able to walk into my local Best Buy on Monday and put down money for the phone - they had it in the system and told me it would be "probably before the holidays" that I would get it (and knowing the 9th was the favored date I thought I'd take a chance).

The two things they weren't able to tell me: price and color availability. It's my first preorder (and first purchase from Best Buy); anyone have insight on how this'll work now that AT&T has announced availability? Will I have first dibs on color choice?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i want to give props to @jsgiv for bringing this news to the forum, even if some on here were skeptical to say the least.
Sometimes, it pays to be a wait and see guy and not a "it aint happening" guy :)
that all said...
Extremely happy that this is the price :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3