Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Nice... I'm off Friday, so I'm going to fly into the AT&T store when it opens and grab the first 920 I see and...

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts
    Well if there aren't any pre-orders I know where I'll be standing very early Friday morning....

:D

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Just called the same ATT I visited yesterday (the one that told me the 9th will be the day) and the guy on the phone said he has no clue and hopes they get them this month.

Take it how you will but im still hoping for the 9th.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karmamule View Post
    Well if there aren't any pre-orders I know where I'll be standing very early Friday morning....

:D
    I'm pretty sure that there won't be lines for the Lumia 920 or 8X... The only crowd on the planet that has much of a clue about these phones are the tech junkies on sites like this! That being said I'll be hitting up the closest AT&T Wireless store at opening on Friday... Guess I'll be running into the office late on Friday!

What time do att stores open?

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    I wish that was the case but, I'm doubtful. I'd love a gray one.
    So would I.

Quote Originally Posted by Stadifer View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there won't be lines for the Lumia 920 or 8X... The only crowd on the planet that has much of a clue about these phones are the tech junkies on sites like this! That being said I'll be hitting up the closest AT&T Wireless store at opening on Friday... Guess I'll be running into the office late on Friday!
    Back when WP7 came out my local AT&T store was super crowded and they were taking numbers at the front of the store to save your place in line.

I can only imagine that more people today want a Windows Phone device than there were 2 years ago.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karl11 View Post
    What time do att stores open?
    AT&T Store Locator - Find out where to buy cell phones exclusively at AT&T

Just asked at my local ATT store and they also said Nov. 9th. I just want to check it out in person and see what it feels like. Seeing as its just a couple of days away I am assuming Nokia isn't getting the 'hero device' treatment this year.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsharkk View Post
    Back when WP7 came out my local AT&T store was super crowded and they were taking numbers at the front of the store to save your place in line.

I can only imagine that more people today want a Windows Phone device than there were 2 years ago.
    People actually knew when those devices where going to arrive... If AT&T is going to do a soft launch with no major announcement for this Friday it's going to be pretty quiet.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts
    People actually knew when those devices where going to arrive... If AT&T is going to do a soft launch with no major announcement for this Friday it's going to be pretty quiet.
    You both may be right, but after waiting this long I'm not going to take any chances. Even if I'm the only fool out there early I don't want to run the risk of them not getting many and they're not available when I stroll in at lunch or whenever.

My guess is there will be at least one or two others at the downtown Boston store come Friday morning so I won't be all alone! :-D

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    I'm with ya. If they're going to have them either Friday or Sunday I'll be there when the doors open. :)
    karmamule likes this.

Ahh, good point.

I don't have cable tv and don't listen to the radio, so my exposure to commercials and advertisements is very limited. Basically what I mean is, even if they did advertise like crazy I wouldn't know. ;)

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Nice... I'm off Friday, so I'm going to fly into the AT&T store when it opens and grab the first 920 I see and...

Click to view quoted image
    LOL I'm off Friday also! WOOT

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonemilk View Post
    LOL I'm off Friday also! WOOT
    lol me too, GO FRIDAY!

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Ok so what colors are available in store and which ones are available online only? I want the cyan badly!

I called and confirmed with the store near my office that they will have them available Friday morning.

I just cancelled my Best Buy pre-order in response!

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Btw I just called around to couple nearby AT&T stores. They all said Friday!

Just got off the phone with my local AT&T (Monterey bay area,ca) and he told me I can pre-order before the 8th and get it on the 9-th

No pricing info..

Quote Originally Posted by B T C View Post
    I'm think I'm going to buy a ton of Nokia stock.
    I would go with Microsoft stock ... if the markets stays stable, I won't be surprised if it hits $35

Called one local store and they told me preorder would be on Thursday for pickup on Friday (order before 3PM on Thurs to be safe). I then called another local store and was told there was no information period and it would be out sometime this month maybe. I called 611 and was told there was no information and maybe it would be out this month or next month. Sad how little they know within their own company.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    I'll believe this date when I see it on the shelf available for sale.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Well this is about as official as we can get without an announcement from AT&T.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Was there any mention about a FREE wireless charging pad/stand/pillow being included ???

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Orlando, FL store just said - "No new information that isnt already out there."

I just called a local South Orlando, FL store and was told they would definitely have it on Friday but to check in after 12:30pm when their shipments arrive. I asked about a pre-order on Thursday and he said they were not taking pre-orders but that he was "sure they won't sell out". He also could not comment on colors other than to say he has no idea what they will get..."we may get all of one color or we may get all of the colors. We do not know right now".

Either way he seemed knowledgeable and happy I was inquiring about the product. I think I may cancel my BB order and just go up there on Friday. There are so many stores in Orlando that one of them has to have a yellow 920.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast