Windows

Windows 10 Cloud will run Win32 apps, but only from the Windows Store

Excessive in a good way

GTX 1050 in a 15-inch convertible? Lenovo went there

Windows goes galactic

Revealed: Samsung's Surface Pro-like Galaxy Book, running Windows 10

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 280
Like Tree47Likes
  1. Russell11's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #76  
    Isn't it a holiday weekend?
  2. jsgiv's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #77  
    So...

    I called 2 corporate stores and actually stopped by 4 stores on the way home (AT&T is big on the ATL.. :)) - 2 "Corporate" stores, 2 "Authorized Retailers".

    First - in order to get information - you HAVE to get a rep to chat with you more than 5 minutes with the typical "I'm not sure" - if you get them on the phone, be cordial and chat with them and get them to "help" you. Same with going to the stores...

    Second - Some of the reps (earlier in the day) didn't know any details, however, when asked to please look it up in the system, sure enough, they confirmed the details (listed below), etc. The remaining reps, when you spend the time to actually discuss/chat with them and press them a bit that you want to know further details, actually will stop what they're doing and look up the details or ask their manager, who will also look up the details, and confirm for you...

    That being said - the details:

    - ALL of the stores confirmed (once they looked it up in the system) that the current launch date is this Friday, 11/9.

    - SOME of the stores actually have displays in the back, ready to setup and have had training. Other stores have not (and it was mixed here - i.e. 1 corporate store had everything ready - the other one I visited was a bit surprised that it was being launched as they had heard "nothing" - but sure enough - when she looked it up on their computer - the promotional info/material/details were there (more on that below).

    - NONE of the stores were taking pre-orders - but again, were (generally) firm in their stance that they expected it to be released 11/9. Some of the stores indicated that they may possibly open up pre-orders on Thursday but they all also indicated that they typically "don't do pre-orders for any phone other than the iPhone".

    - Regarding the promo details (the most interesting part ):

    4 of the 6 stores confirmed the following based on the promo (one store rep actually showed me the promo - but wouldn't let me take a picture ... I don't know why.. ;)):

    - Price $99.99 with 2-year Contract
    - Comes with a free BLACK "charging plate"
    - Colors available are: Matte Black & Cyan, Glossy Red, Yellow, and White
    - Not all colors are guaranteed at launch, nor will the stores know which colors they will receive. Reps stated Black would be probably the most commonly available at initial launch.
    - Promo dates are from 11/9/2012 through 1/10/2013

    The remaining 2 stores, BTW, all but confirmed the $99.99 price - they just didn't want to quote something until they had more details from their manager (which wasn't there in the store). :P

    Of course - NONE of this is official as AT&T hasn't publicly released details yet. Either way - I'll be calling and/or stopping by my main local AT&T store Thursday afternoon/evening to verify if the phone is definitely available Friday and (hopefully) I can pre-order it..
  3. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell11 View Post
    Isn't it a holiday weekend?
    Veterans day isn't a no work day.
  4. pavvento's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgiv View Post
    So...

    I called 2 corporate stores and actually stopped by 4 stores on the way home (AT&T is big on the ATL.. :)) - 2 "Corporate" stores, 2 "Authorized Retailers".

    First - in order to get information - you HAVE to get a rep to chat with you more than 5 minutes with the typical "I'm not sure" - if you get them on the phone, be cordial and chat with them and get them to "help" you. Same with going to the stores...

    Second - Some of the reps (earlier in the day) didn't know any details, however, when asked to please look it up in the system, sure enough, they confirmed the details (listed below), etc. The remaining reps, when you spend the time to actually discuss/chat with them and press them a bit that you want to know further details, actually will stop what they're doing and look up the details or ask their manager, who will also look up the details, and confirm for you...

    That being said - the details:

    - ALL of the stores confirmed (once they looked it up in the system) that the current launch date is this Friday, 11/9.

    - SOME of the stores actually have displays in the back, ready to setup and have had training. Other stores have not (and it was mixed here - i.e. 1 corporate store had everything ready - the other one I visited was a bit surprised that it was being launched as they had heard "nothing" - but sure enough - when she looked it up on their computer - the promotional info/material/details were there (more on that below).

    - NONE of the stores were taking pre-orders - but again, were (generally) firm in their stance that they expected it to be released 11/9. Some of the stores indicated that they may possibly open up pre-orders on Thursday but they all also indicated that they typically "don't do pre-orders for any phone other than the iPhone".

    - Regarding the promo details (the most interesting part ):

    4 of the 6 stores confirmed the following based on the promo (one store rep actually showed me the promo - but wouldn't let me take a picture ... I don't know why.. ;)):

    - Price $99.99 with 2-year Contract
    - Comes with a free BLACK "charging plate"
    - Colors available are: Matte Black & Cyan, Glossy Red, Yellow, and White
    - Not all colors are guaranteed at launch, nor will the stores know which colors they will receive. Reps stated Black would be probably the most commonly available at initial launch.
    - Promo dates are from 11/9/2012 through 1/10/2013

    The remaining 2 stores, BTW, all but confirmed the $99.99 price - they just didn't want to quote something until they had more details from their manager (which wasn't there in the store). :P

    Of course - NONE of this is official as AT&T hasn't publicly released details yet. Either way - I'll be calling and/or stopping by my main local AT&T store Thursday afternoon/evening to verify if the phone is definitely available Friday and (hopefully) I can pre-order it..
    I really hope AT&T reversed course and will have Cyan available in stores...
  5. dkp23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,494 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,529 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgiv View Post
    So...

    I called 2 corporate stores and actually stopped by 4 stores on the way home (AT&T is big on the ATL.. :)) - 2 "Corporate" stores, 2 "Authorized Retailers".

    First - in order to get information - you HAVE to get a rep to chat with you more than 5 minutes with the typical "I'm not sure" - if you get them on the phone, be cordial and chat with them and get them to "help" you. Same with going to the stores...

    Second - Some of the reps (earlier in the day) didn't know any details, however, when asked to please look it up in the system, sure enough, they confirmed the details (listed below), etc. The remaining reps, when you spend the time to actually discuss/chat with them and press them a bit that you want to know further details, actually will stop what they're doing and look up the details or ask their manager, who will also look up the details, and confirm for you...

    That being said - the details:

    - ALL of the stores confirmed (once they looked it up in the system) that the current launch date is this Friday, 11/9.

    - SOME of the stores actually have displays in the back, ready to setup and have had training. Other stores have not (and it was mixed here - i.e. 1 corporate store had everything ready - the other one I visited was a bit surprised that it was being launched as they had heard "nothing" - but sure enough - when she looked it up on their computer - the promotional info/material/details were there (more on that below).

    - NONE of the stores were taking pre-orders - but again, were (generally) firm in their stance that they expected it to be released 11/9. Some of the stores indicated that they may possibly open up pre-orders on Thursday but they all also indicated that they typically "don't do pre-orders for any phone other than the iPhone".

    - Regarding the promo details (the most interesting part ):

    4 of the 6 stores confirmed the following based on the promo (one store rep actually showed me the promo - but wouldn't let me take a picture ... I don't know why.. ;)):

    - Price $99.99 with 2-year Contract
    - Comes with a free BLACK "charging plate"
    - Colors available are: Matte Black & Cyan, Glossy Red, Yellow, and White
    - Not all colors are guaranteed at launch, nor will the stores know which colors they will receive. Reps stated Black would be probably the most commonly available at initial launch.
    - Promo dates are from 11/9/2012 through 1/10/2013

    The remaining 2 stores, BTW, all but confirmed the $99.99 price - they just didn't want to quote something until they had more details from their manager (which wasn't there in the store). :P

    Of course - NONE of this is official as AT&T hasn't publicly released details yet. Either way - I'll be calling and/or stopping by my main local AT&T store Thursday afternoon/evening to verify if the phone is definitely available Friday and (hopefully) I can pre-order it..
    Pricing similar to what i got, i detailed this earlier in the thread. Out of the five stores, two said 99.99, two didnt know, and one said 199.99 but seemed he just threw that number out there and said it may be available at end of month. I discounted the guy that said 199.99, doesnt seem to care know much at all.

    So if 99.99 is the price, that would be killer. I am buying off contract, so i dont benefit, but a nice charging pad would be cool.

    I really hope the charging pad isnt for those that enter intoa 2 year contract only.
  6. juan6996's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    341 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgiv View Post
    So...

    I called 2 corporate stores and actually stopped by 4 stores on the way home (AT&T is big on the ATL.. :)) - 2 "Corporate" stores, 2 "Authorized Retailers".

    First - in order to get information - you HAVE to get a rep to chat with you more than 5 minutes with the typical "I'm not sure" - if you get them on the phone, be cordial and chat with them and get them to "help" you. Same with going to the stores...

    Second - Some of the reps (earlier in the day) didn't know any details, however, when asked to please look it up in the system, sure enough, they confirmed the details (listed below), etc. The remaining reps, when you spend the time to actually discuss/chat with them and press them a bit that you want to know further details, actually will stop what they're doing and look up the details or ask their manager, who will also look up the details, and confirm for you...

    That being said - the details:

    - ALL of the stores confirmed (once they looked it up in the system) that the current launch date is this Friday, 11/9.

    - SOME of the stores actually have displays in the back, ready to setup and have had training. Other stores have not (and it was mixed here - i.e. 1 corporate store had everything ready - the other one I visited was a bit surprised that it was being launched as they had heard "nothing" - but sure enough - when she looked it up on their computer - the promotional info/material/details were there (more on that below).

    - NONE of the stores were taking pre-orders - but again, were (generally) firm in their stance that they expected it to be released 11/9. Some of the stores indicated that they may possibly open up pre-orders on Thursday but they all also indicated that they typically "don't do pre-orders for any phone other than the iPhone".

    - Regarding the promo details (the most interesting part ):

    4 of the 6 stores confirmed the following based on the promo (one store rep actually showed me the promo - but wouldn't let me take a picture ... I don't know why.. ;)):

    - Price $99.99 with 2-year Contract
    - Comes with a free BLACK "charging plate"
    - Colors available are: Matte Black & Cyan, Glossy Red, Yellow, and White
    - Not all colors are guaranteed at launch, nor will the stores know which colors they will receive. Reps stated Black would be probably the most commonly available at initial launch.
    - Promo dates are from 11/9/2012 through 1/10/2013

    The remaining 2 stores, BTW, all but confirmed the $99.99 price - they just didn't want to quote something until they had more details from their manager (which wasn't there in the store). :P

    Of course - NONE of this is official as AT&T hasn't publicly released details yet. Either way - I'll be calling and/or stopping by my main local AT&T store Thursday afternoon/evening to verify if the phone is definitely available Friday and (hopefully) I can pre-order it..
    I really hope this is true, but I am doubtful. The $149 price has been all but confirmed and now there's a very real possibility of $99? Happy that the charging plate promo is confirmed though.
  7. Ebaneeezor's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    316 Posts
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Veterans day isn't a no work day.
    It is for me.
  8. Russell11's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #83  
    99.99?!?!? If that's true.. Ima do backflips.
  9. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebaneeezor View Post
    It is for me.
    Well yea it is this year because it's Sunday lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell11 View Post
    99.99?!?!? If that's true.. Ima do backflips.
    It isn't happening bud.
  10. jsgiv's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by juan6996 View Post
    I really hope this is true, but I am doubtful. The $149 price has been all but confirmed and now there's a very real possibility of $99? Happy that the charging plate promo is confirmed though.
    Well - there's not been any confirmation by AT&T publicly for either the $149.99 or $99.99 price point - however, considering that I just saw the promo material on the internal AT&T computers at the corporate store - I'm more apt to believe the $99.99 (along with the fact all but one of the corporate stores confirmed the $99.99 price point - where the remaining one wanted to confirm with her manager).

    The only confirmed $149.99 price point I'm aware of was through Best Buy several weeks ago on the "pre-order" debacle (which I still have in queue as well).

    I believe that AT&T is trying to undercut BB now as well as the other competition and really push the phones at this price point ... well before the other competition comes into play: (T-Mo around 11/14-11/16 and Verizon around Thanksgiving).
  11. Russell11's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Well yea it is this year because it's Sunday lol



    It isn't happening bud.
    Yea figured. 32gb phone for 99.99 is too cheap
  12. jsgiv's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    It isn't happening bud.
    The backflips or the $99.99 price point? And if the latter - how are you so sure?
  13. Russell11's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgiv View Post
    Well - there's not been any confirmation by AT&T publicly for either the $149.99 or $99.99 price point - however, considering that I just saw the promo material on the internal AT&T computers at the corporate store - I'm more apt to believe the $99.99 (along with the fact all but one of the corporate stores confirmed the $99.99 price point - where the remaining one wanted to confirm with her manager).

    The only confirmed $149.99 price point I'm aware of was through Best Buy several weeks ago on the "pre-order" debacle (which I still have in queue as well).

    I believe that AT&T is trying to undercut BB now as well as the other competition and really push the phones at this price point ... well before the other competition comes into play: (T-Mo around 11/14-11/16 and Verizon around Thanksgiving).
    Sure it wasn't the 820?
  14. dkp23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,494 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,529 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgiv View Post
    The backflips or the $99.99 price point? And if the latter - how are you so sure?
    he's got sourced, very reliable ones. :)
  15. jsgiv's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell11 View Post
    Yea figured. 32gb phone for 99.99 is too cheap
    Well - believe what you want to.. as stated before - I saw this price and promo details ON the corporate workstations...

    Of course - everything's subject to change... but.....
  16. jsgiv's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell11 View Post
    Sure it wasn't the 820?
    Yes - I'm not interested in the 820 - and it stated clearly "Nokia Lumia 920" in the promo details on the screen..

    But I don't have the cool "sources" like vagrantwade does so.. ;)
  17. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgiv View Post
    Well - believe what you want to.. as stated before - I saw this price and promo details ON the corporate workstations...

    Of course - everything's subject to change... but.....
    Because we have already seen Best Buy and Ebay/BBY open preorders for $149 and on Nokia's on 920 page they had a picture showing a phone that said $149 AT&T
  18. Russell11's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgiv View Post
    Yes - I'm not interested in the 820 - and it stated clearly "Nokia Lumia 920" in the promo details on the screen..

    But I don't have the cool "sources" like vagrantwade does so.. ;)
    Well I hope you're right. I don't know his sources either. Lol ya never know.
  19. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell11 View Post
    Well I hope you're right. I don't know his sources either. Lol ya never know.
    Well my source for price is WPCentral and Nokia...

  20. Landsharkk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #95  
    Regardless of who saw what, it's still all speculation until the phone goes on sale at the AT&T store.

    Remember, we are all on the same side here. :)
    Russell11 likes this.
  21. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsharkk View Post
    Regardless of who saw what, it's still all speculation until the phone goes on sale at the AT&T store.

    Remember, we are all on the same side here. :)
    Anyone who went to Nokia's 920 mobile page saw it.
  22. mcphersc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #97  
    I just really hope these rumors of the 9th are true. I'm tired of my Trophy. Also I'm giving it to my gf when I get the 920, once she uses it she'll definitely be converted
  23. iphonemilk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsharkk View Post
    Regardless of who saw what, it's still all speculation until the phone goes on sale at the AT&T store.

    Remember, we are all on the same side here. :)
    No were not !!! This is a war !!!!!
  24. jsgiv's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Because we have already seen Best Buy and Ebay/BBY open preorders for $149 and on Nokia's on 920 page they had a picture showing a phone that said $149 AT&T
    That's BB and Nokia pricing - not AT&T.... for all we know 149.99 may be the "standard" pricing going forward.

    Either way I'm buying at either price. But certainly hoping (and based on all confirmations at the stores today) that the $99.99 price point is real.

    And if you visit that Nokia site now - the price has been removed BTW.
  25. Landsharkk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Anyone who went to Nokia's 920 mobile page saw it.
    I saw it too, but remember that Nokia /= AT&T. It's still speculation until the phones hit the shelves.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

";