Nokia Lumia 920 is available on 11/9 for purchase

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
So...

I called 2 corporate stores and actually stopped by 4 stores on the way home (AT&T is big on the ATL.. :)) - 2 "Corporate" stores, 2 "Authorized Retailers".

First - in order to get information - you HAVE to get a rep to chat with you more than 5 minutes with the typical "I'm not sure" - if you get them on the phone, be cordial and chat with them and get them to "help" you. Same with going to the stores...

Second - Some of the reps (earlier in the day) didn't know any details, however, when asked to please look it up in the system, sure enough, they confirmed the details (listed below), etc. The remaining reps, when you spend the time to actually discuss/chat with them and press them a bit that you want to know further details, actually will stop what they're doing and look up the details or ask their manager, who will also look up the details, and confirm for you...

That being said - the details:

- ALL of the stores confirmed (once they looked it up in the system) that the current launch date is this Friday, 11/9.

- SOME of the stores actually have displays in the back, ready to setup and have had training. Other stores have not (and it was mixed here - i.e. 1 corporate store had everything ready - the other one I visited was a bit surprised that it was being launched as they had heard "nothing" - but sure enough - when she looked it up on their computer - the promotional info/material/details were there (more on that below).

- NONE of the stores were taking pre-orders - but again, were (generally) firm in their stance that they expected it to be released 11/9. Some of the stores indicated that they may possibly open up pre-orders on Thursday but they all also indicated that they typically "don't do pre-orders for any phone other than the iPhone".

- Regarding the promo details (the most interesting part :cool:):

4 of the 6 stores confirmed the following based on the promo (one store rep actually showed me the promo - but wouldn't let me take a picture ... I don't know why.. ;)):

- Price $99.99 with 2-year Contract
- Comes with a free BLACK "charging plate"
- Colors available are: Matte Black & Cyan, Glossy Red, Yellow, and White
- Not all colors are guaranteed at launch, nor will the stores know which colors they will receive. Reps stated Black would be probably the most commonly available at initial launch.
- Promo dates are from 11/9/2012 through 1/10/2013

The remaining 2 stores, BTW, all but confirmed the $99.99 price - they just didn't want to quote something until they had more details from their manager (which wasn't there in the store). :p

Of course - NONE of this is official as AT&T hasn't publicly released details yet. Either way - I'll be calling and/or stopping by my main local AT&T store Thursday afternoon/evening to verify if the phone is definitely available Friday and (hopefully) I can pre-order it..
I really hope this is true, but I am doubtful. The $149 price has been all but confirmed and now there's a very real possibility of $99? Happy that the charging plate promo is confirmed though.

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I really hope this is true, but I am doubtful. The $149 price has been all but confirmed and now there's a very real possibility of $99? Happy that the charging plate promo is confirmed though.

Well - there's not been any confirmation by AT&T publicly for either the $149.99 or $99.99 price point - however, considering that I just saw the promo material on the internal AT&T computers at the corporate store - I'm more apt to believe the $99.99 (along with the fact all but one of the corporate stores confirmed the $99.99 price point - where the remaining one wanted to confirm with her manager).

The only confirmed $149.99 price point I'm aware of was through Best Buy several weeks ago on the "pre-order" debacle (which I still have in queue as well).

I believe that AT&T is trying to undercut BB now as well as the other competition and really push the phones at this price point ... well before the other competition comes into play: (T-Mo around 11/14-11/16 and Verizon around Thanksgiving).

Russell11

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Well - there's not been any confirmation by AT&T publicly for either the $149.99 or $99.99 price point - however, considering that I just saw the promo material on the internal AT&T computers at the corporate store - I'm more apt to believe the $99.99 (along with the fact all but one of the corporate stores confirmed the $99.99 price point - where the remaining one wanted to confirm with her manager).

The only confirmed $149.99 price point I'm aware of was through Best Buy several weeks ago on the "pre-order" debacle (which I still have in queue as well).

I believe that AT&T is trying to undercut BB now as well as the other competition and really push the phones at this price point ... well before the other competition comes into play: (T-Mo around 11/14-11/16 and Verizon around Thanksgiving).

Sure it wasn't the 820?

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Well - believe what you want to.. as stated before - I saw this price and promo details ON the corporate workstations...

Of course - everything's subject to change... but.....

Because we have already seen Best Buy and Ebay/BBY open preorders for $149 and on Nokia's on 920 page they had a picture showing a phone that said $149 AT&T

Russell11

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes - I'm not interested in the 820 - and it stated clearly "Nokia Lumia 920" in the promo details on the screen..

But I don't have the cool "sources" like vagrantwade does so.. ;)

Well I hope you're right. I don't know his sources either. Lol ya never know.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Well I hope you're right. I don't know his sources either. Lol ya never know.

Well my source for price is WPCentral and Nokia...

920Price.JPG

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of who saw what, it's still all speculation until the phone goes on sale at the AT&T store.

Remember, we are all on the same side here. :)

mcphersc

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I just really hope these rumors of the 9th are true. I'm tired of my Trophy. Also I'm giving it to my gf when I get the 920, once she uses it she'll definitely be converted

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Because we have already seen Best Buy and Ebay/BBY open preorders for $149 and on Nokia's on 920 page they had a picture showing a phone that said $149 AT&T

That's BB and Nokia pricing - not AT&T.... for all we know 149.99 may be the "standard" pricing going forward.

Either way I'm buying at either price. But certainly hoping (and based on all confirmations at the stores today) that the $99.99 price point is real.

And if you visit that Nokia site now - the price has been removed BTW.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3