Nokia Lumia 920 is available on 11/9 for purchase

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I went to ATT in CT and they told me right away when I asked that they will have them for sale on Friday, no preorder. I did not get a cancellation email from Best Buy (like many others have) but called them up and cancelled the preorder as im hoping to go to att and pick one up. Lets see what happens.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
A couple of fliers in the window during lunch of the release date will probably generate plenty of interest in the two 920's each store has in stock. They'll probably sell out by 5pm. I'm think I'm going to buy a ton of Nokia stock.

JungleFiene

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with an AT&T rep for the Apex, NC store and was told that it "most likely will be on the 9th". What I'm wondering is, during the big unveiling of WP8 Ballmer said that you could get all colors from the Microsoft Store. So does that mean I can pick up a phone from the Microsoft store in grey and pay the $149 upgrade price for AT&T?

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with an AT&T rep for the Apex, NC store and was told that it "most likely will be on the 9th". What I'm wondering is, during the big unveiling of WP8 Ballmer said that you could get all colors from the Microsoft Store. So does that mean I can pick up a phone from the Microsoft store in grey and pay the $149 upgrade price for AT&T?

I wish that was the case but, I'm doubtful. I'd love a gray one.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Nice... I'm off Friday, so I'm going to fly into the AT&T store when it opens and grab the first 920 I see and...

fVpYD.gif

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Just called the same ATT I visited yesterday (the one that told me the 9th will be the day) and the guy on the phone said he has no clue and hopes they get them this month.

Take it how you will but im still hoping for the 9th.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Well if there aren't any pre-orders I know where I'll be standing very early Friday morning....

:D

I'm pretty sure that there won't be lines for the Lumia 920 or 8X... The only crowd on the planet that has much of a clue about these phones are the tech junkies on sites like this! That being said I'll be hitting up the closest AT&T Wireless store at opening on Friday... Guess I'll be running into the office late on Friday!

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that there won't be lines for the Lumia 920 or 8X... The only crowd on the planet that has much of a clue about these phones are the tech junkies on sites like this! That being said I'll be hitting up the closest AT&T Wireless store at opening on Friday... Guess I'll be running into the office late on Friday!

Back when WP7 came out my local AT&T store was super crowded and they were taking numbers at the front of the store to save your place in line.

I can only imagine that more people today want a Windows Phone device than there were 2 years ago.

p.jgordon

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Just asked at my local ATT store and they also said Nov. 9th. I just want to check it out in person and see what it feels like. Seeing as its just a couple of days away I am assuming Nokia isn't getting the 'hero device' treatment this year.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Back when WP7 came out my local AT&T store was super crowded and they were taking numbers at the front of the store to save your place in line.

I can only imagine that more people today want a Windows Phone device than there were 2 years ago.

People actually knew when those devices where going to arrive... If AT&T is going to do a soft launch with no major announcement for this Friday it's going to be pretty quiet.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
People actually knew when those devices where going to arrive... If AT&T is going to do a soft launch with no major announcement for this Friday it's going to be pretty quiet.

You both may be right, but after waiting this long I'm not going to take any chances. Even if I'm the only fool out there early I don't want to run the risk of them not getting many and they're not available when I stroll in at lunch or whenever.

My guess is there will be at least one or two others at the downtown Boston store come Friday morning so I won't be all alone! :-D

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Ahh, good point.

I don't have cable tv and don't listen to the radio, so my exposure to commercials and advertisements is very limited. Basically what I mean is, even if they did advertise like crazy I wouldn't know. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb