Nokia Lumia 920 is available on 11/9 for purchase

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Because we have already seen Best Buy and Ebay/BBY open preorders for $149 and on Nokia's on 920 page they had a picture showing a phone that said $149 AT&T

Problem is that Best Buy/Ebay is not a reliable source for pricing information anyway, as most third parties price their devices differently than the corporate stores. That's the advantage to buying at a third party store like Best Buy, Target, Ebay, RadioShack, Amazon, etc. Heck Best Buy already screwed up with the pre-orders, so there is no reason to trust them at this point.

I would have expected the phone to be more expensive than $149 from AT&T since Best Buy normally prices their devices less than what the corporate stores do.

And that site could certainly be a placeholder for a price that has yet to be determined. Maybe Nokia saw the same prices from Best Buy and just threw that price on the site because they believe the price like a lot of us do.

I hope they are both wrong, and I hope it is $99 like some people are reporting. That would be some aggressive pricing right there. With a charging pad, that's a steal for one of the best phones on the market.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
At $199 I would get it for my wife's birthday and get mines at the end of the month.

At $149 I would still get it for her birthday and use the remaining $50 for some accessory. And still get mine at the end of the month.

At $99 I would get it for her birthday AND get mines at the same time!!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Problem is that Best Buy/Ebay is not a reliable source for pricing information anyway, as most third parties price their devices differently than the corporate stores. That's the advantage to buying at a third party store like Best Buy, Target, Ebay, RadioShack, Amazon, etc. Heck Best Buy already screwed up with the pre-orders, so there is no reason to trust them at this point.

I would have expected the phone to be more expensive than $149 from AT&T since Best Buy normally prices their devices less than what the corporate stores do.

And that site could certainly be a placeholder for a price that has yet to be determined. Maybe Nokia saw the same prices from Best Buy and just threw that price on the site because they believe the price like a lot of us do.

I hope they are both wrong, and I hope it is $99 like some people are reporting. That would be some aggressive pricing right there. With a charging pad, that's a steal for one of the best phones on the market.

Most people here and on Reddit were told $149 today by people at our local AT&T sites. This is the only guy who has ever mentioned the $99 price.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Most people here and on Reddit were told $149 today by people at our local AT&T sites. This is the only guy who has ever mentioned the $99 price.

Yeah, I've seen the $149 way more often, and that's still a sweet price, I just really hope it's $99, that'd be even sweeter.

I'm buying it at any price point really. I don't care how much it is, I just want AT&T to say something officially.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've seen the $149 way more often, and that's still a sweet price, I just really hope it's $99, that'd be even sweeter.

I'm buying it at any price point really. I don't care how much it is, I just want AT&T to say something officially.

149 is the closest because even Nokia released a mobile link which will show pricing with the wp8 UI and AT&T is named in there, now as for availability I am not sure I called the store and they have no idea, disappointing I need to sell my iPhone 5 for the Lumina, tired of carrying phones that are so light that feels low quality, I miss to have some heft, plus the additional features are just the icing on the cake.

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

I'll be the first to admit I could be wrong. However I got this information from several stores - not one - several.

I couldn't believe the price either when I first heard it and even asked "Are you sure that isn't for the 820?" Each rep stated no - that it was for the 920.

I HOPE I'm right - but I'm prepared to pay $50 more if I'm wrong.

I do have the names of each of the reps though for ammo when I go pick mine up. :)

km99

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
So I just talked with a rep at our local AT&T store in Colorado and he looked it up on his computer and confirmed 11/9 date for the 920s!!!
He also confirmed that they will be $99 with a free black wireless charger!
No preorders according to him. He also confirmed black, white, red, and yellow colors!
I know where I'll be Friday morning!!

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
if this comes out at $99 coupled with the charget pad that would be a great deal and would seriously undercut the other devices. im prepared to pay $149 just in case

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
so i just talked with a rep at our local at&t store in colorado and he looked it up on his computer and confirmed 11/9 date for the 920s!!!
He also confirmed that they will be $99 with a free black wireless charger!
No preorders according to him. He also confirmed black, white, red, and yellow colors!
I know where i'll be friday morning!!

omg please yellow

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
today I asked an AT&T store employee and he checked his screen and told me it would be this Fri $99 on contract with black charging mat included. Damn my stupid 6/13 contract end date!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you check in with your brother-in-law about the price ?

Surely he could either confirm or deny ?

He's on the other side of the country and it's his daughter/my niece's first birthday. And he only told me anything because I pretended to not know/care about the phone. I don't talk to him often.

Sonofdex

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Take this FWIW, but my local Best Buy just slipped up on the phone and said they received their shipment of the phone but did not count it into stock yet. (As long as she was not confusing 920 with the 900.)

Friday/Sunday sound like they could be a safe bet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3