Lumia 920 and non-Nokia Charging Pads

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
This is probably a little bit early to discuss, but Qi-compatible charging pads already exist and are available online. Amazon has the Powermat 2x (with two spots for charging) for only $20 (including shipping). There's a more expensive Energizer mat that has two spots plus a port for USB charging for around $60.

Supposedly since these use the Qi standard, they should work. This will be my first Qi-charging device that I buy, but does anyone else have existing pads they can test with the 920 to verify charging is simple?

Dking7

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I asked PowerMat they said they don't support Qi Standard...

"None of the Powermat or Duracell Powermat products are compatible with the Qi standard."

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Geeez, with the Nokia plate going for $50, and other Qi-compatible recharge mats with TWO spots hovering around that price, I may look for a non-Nokia mat.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
managed to snatch an Enegizer Dual Charger on eBay for $30 with expedited shipping. It's going on Amazon for $58.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using an Energizer 2 position Qi charger since Friday. It works great and it's not super picky about phone orientation when you set it down.

xwingband

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My HP Touchpad Touchstone works w/ my Lumia 920.

It's been discussed. It triggers the charging sound but doesn't actually charge it.

I'm waiting on cases and what happens with the free one to check compatibility. The LG WCP-700 looks pretty good and is gong for about $40.

mcmikel

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had a buddy who just returned from Hong Kong pick me up some generic wireless charging pads with the QI standard and they work great.

I have been using it for a day now, testing the charge rate and the phone charges about 10% for every 20 minutes. The minutes are an approximant as I am at work trying to monitor it and sometimes I get distracted. I will try to confirm the numbers in the next few days. The charging pads were $20 each and I had him buy me 3 (for use at work and home). The phone and charging pad get a little warm to the touch which is to be expected and the charger has an auto shut off once the phone indicates it is fully charged. Manual was in English by the way.

Pic below of everything it came with

charger.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb