Will Best Buy pricematch?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So, will Best Buy pricematch the AT&T price and possibly the charging plate now that AT&T has made it official that the Lumia 920 will be 99.99 on a 2-year contract?

Sure, its only $50.00, but if I don't have to pay for it I'd like not to...

wiscamper

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I just called Best Buy. The customer service person had no idea when the phone will ship. I told him to cancel my order. I'll do the pre-order through AT&T.

Only Mama Knows

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and canceled my Best Buy order. I'd rather deal with AT&T directly anyway. I'm just glad this thing is finally coming out. The home button on my iPhone 4 is barely working at this point.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm calling the 'premiere silver member' customer service line now. Don't know if that'll help me out, but we'll see...

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
guess I need to cancel as well. I am afraid Im going to lose my $40 gc if I do it. but for $50 and a charging pad... Its still worth it. Just sucks.

maks327

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I called the regular line (I'm silver rewards zone but didn't think to call that help line). The guy I spoke to checked with their "backoffice" about pricematching. After a 10 minute wait, he said they don't price match AT&T and so he cancelled my order as I requested.

Best Buy is going to miss out.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with BestBuy they will match on price but will not give you a free charging plate. I'm not sure what the price on the charge plate is worth but I'd say it's at least $25 if not $50. So yea...BestBuy is riding the fail train again.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with BestBuy they will match on price but will not give you a free charging plate. I'm not sure what the price on the charge plate is worth but I'd say it's at least $25 if not $50. So yea...BestBuy is riding the fail train again.

The only reason I want to stay with Best Buy is that I'll GET a $50.00 giftcard for upgrading through them - in addition to not paying anything to them with $100.00 in gift cards/rewardzone tickets.

The free charging plate is not that big of a deal to me as I could use the $50.00 towards that...

But, I remember hearing a rumor too that the charging plate is in the box too (though I don't put a lot of stock into that rumor...)

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I remember reading somewhere that the Nokia charging plate was priced at around $75. I can't seem to find that article, but it was up there in price.

S CLIFFORD

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke with BB and they said they will price match once the phone is actually released. The lady also said that I should receive it by the 9th. At this point Im happy just to hear some concrete news.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So, theoretically, we can just go into the store after receiving our phones. Go to customer service show them our receipt and the add for AT&T and they *should* give us a $50.00 in cash or more than likely a Best Buy giftcard right?

Still on hold though, the line is 'silent' no Christmas music playing anymore... switched me to the mobile department...

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
but will you now be able to get 2 wireless chargers... 1 from nokia 1 from att...

The notion of a preorder seems less and less advantageous. gotta deal with price matching after, who knows when delivery (Monday is a holiday), and some unknown with charging pads.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I canceled my BestBuy Preorder....I don't feel like I can trust them no one knows what's going on. Called AT&T and since I've been with them from the days before they merged with Cingular they will wave the $36 upgrade fee :D

BestBuy = FAIL

unboxfetish

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone. BBMobile website people said they would not pricematch to ATT, but BB local store said they would, with receipt and ad. So the only difference is the hassle, and the charging plate question too

rareohs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if AT&T has an extended warranty that includes accidental damage, ala AppleCare+ or whatever BestBuy's equivalent is?

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting for a reply from BB, but I basically told them that if they cannot confirm that the phone will be at my doorstep on FRiday latest and it will come with a charger plate, I will cancel the preorder today. I don't even mind if they don't match the price, since I used gift cards anyway and it only cost me 50 bucks out of pocket. I will let you guys know what the response is... if thre is any :lol:

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Canceled BestBuy order....I don't like dealing with companies that don't have their stuff together, they couldn't give a date for shipping or any other reason to stay with them.

AT&T made me wait but at least it seems like they planned this out and know what they are talking about. I've been with AT&T and trust them much more than I do BestBuy...even if they annoyed me with taking their time announcing the date. Looks like to me they were trying to find a way to cut us a killer deal on this phone :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea