Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So, will Best Buy pricematch the AT&T price and possibly the charging plate now that AT&T has made it official that the Lumia 920 will be 99.99 on a 2-year contract?

Sure, its only $50.00, but if I don't have to pay for it I'd like not to...
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    It's $50 and a free wireless charging plate, they better or my order will be canceled hella quick...

I just called Best Buy. The customer service person had no idea when the phone will ship. I told him to cancel my order. I'll do the pre-order through AT&T.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I went ahead and canceled my Best Buy order. I'd rather deal with AT&T directly anyway. I'm just glad this thing is finally coming out. The home button on my iPhone 4 is barely working at this point.

I'm calling the 'premiere silver member' customer service line now. Don't know if that'll help me out, but we'll see...
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

guess I need to cancel as well. I am afraid Im going to lose my $40 gc if I do it. but for $50 and a charging pad... Its still worth it. Just sucks.

I called the regular line (I'm silver rewards zone but didn't think to call that help line). The guy I spoke to checked with their "backoffice" about pricematching. After a 10 minute wait, he said they don't price match AT&T and so he cancelled my order as I requested.

Best Buy is going to miss out.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with BestBuy they will match on price but will not give you a free charging plate. I'm not sure what the price on the charge plate is worth but I'd say it's at least $25 if not $50. So yea...BestBuy is riding the fail train again.

silver member hotline just switched me to the 'regular line' I may get the same answer maks...
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by fulnix View Post
    Just got off the phone with BestBuy they will match on price but will not give you a free charging plate. I'm not sure what the price on the charge plate is worth but I'd say it's at least $25 if not $50. So yea...BestBuy is riding the fail train again.
    The only reason I want to stay with Best Buy is that I'll GET a $50.00 giftcard for upgrading through them - in addition to not paying anything to them with $100.00 in gift cards/rewardzone tickets.

The free charging plate is not that big of a deal to me as I could use the $50.00 towards that...

But, I remember hearing a rumor too that the charging plate is in the box too (though I don't put a lot of stock into that rumor...)
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fulnix View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that the Nokia charging plate was priced at around $75. I can't seem to find that article, but it was up there in price.

I just spoke with BB and they said they will price match once the phone is actually released. The lady also said that I should receive it by the 9th. At this point Im happy just to hear some concrete news.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Well, looks like you can still keep your BB pre-order if you want. Nokia is giving away chargers too.

Nokia to offer free wireless charging plate to many Lumia 820 and 920 customers | Windows Phone Central

So, theoretically, we can just go into the store after receiving our phones. Go to customer service show them our receipt and the add for AT&T and they *should* give us a $50.00 in cash or more than likely a Best Buy giftcard right?

Still on hold though, the line is 'silent' no Christmas music playing anymore... switched me to the mobile department...
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

but will you now be able to get 2 wireless chargers... 1 from nokia 1 from att...

The notion of a preorder seems less and less advantageous. gotta deal with price matching after, who knows when delivery (Monday is a holiday), and some unknown with charging pads.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I canceled my BestBuy Preorder....I don't feel like I can trust them no one knows what's going on. Called AT&T and since I've been with them from the days before they merged with Cingular they will wave the $36 upgrade fee :D

BestBuy = FAIL

Just got off the phone. BBMobile website people said they would not pricematch to ATT, but BB local store said they would, with receipt and ad. So the only difference is the hassle, and the charging plate question too

Anyone know if AT&T has an extended warranty that includes accidental damage, ala AppleCare+ or whatever BestBuy's equivalent is?
    Developer

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I am waiting for a reply from BB, but I basically told them that if they cannot confirm that the phone will be at my doorstep on FRiday latest and it will come with a charger plate, I will cancel the preorder today. I don't even mind if they don't match the price, since I used gift cards anyway and it only cost me 50 bucks out of pocket. I will let you guys know what the response is... if thre is any :lol:
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. - Aristotle

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Canceled BestBuy order....I don't like dealing with companies that don't have their stuff together, they couldn't give a date for shipping or any other reason to stay with them.

AT&T made me wait but at least it seems like they planned this out and know what they are talking about. I've been with AT&T and trust them much more than I do BestBuy...even if they annoyed me with taking their time announcing the date. Looks like to me they were trying to find a way to cut us a killer deal on this phone :D

I have a gift card from Best Buy and would prefer to get it from them. Every time i go in there and ask them about release dates they have no idea. So annoying.

Went to Best Buy today to see if they had any display units.

They had a 8X there and it was very, very nice.

Talked with one of the guys who had a GSIII on him and he stated how he thinks the Lumia 920 is a pretty awesome phone and he's going to switch to Windows Phone. He really was generally excited about the platform. Awesome.

Asked him that if I bought the phone from Best Buy would they match AT&T's deal with the free charger. His response? If they have them in stock when I come in, they will.

Double awesome (if true).
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Sucks that my pre-order still shows up as 'back ordered' on Best Buy's site. Ugh... According to the Mobile CS Agents, it is stated to arrive by 11/12.

Asked about how cancelled orders are handled with gift cards and rewardzone credit. Cards are 'repopulated' within 24 hours (sucks), rewardzone tickets are reissued within 24 DAYS...what the crap?

Haven't cancelled yet, I'm still hoping that I'll get some confirmation tomorrow that my order has shipped...
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.