Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Well I TRIED preordering right at Midnight and kept at it until 1 AM CST with no luck. I finally managed a preorder at around 4:30 AM CST. But there was no option for the wireless charger as an accessory.

I called into customer support this morning and was informed they only had a limited supply of the free chargers and that the promotion is ALREADY OVER. I am excited about getting the phone-but this is a horrible experience when a promoted item is only made available to the lucky few who manage to get through in the initial hours.

Grrrrrrrrr.

I'm hoping the rep just didn't know what the heck was going on at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfire2024 View Post
    I'm hoping the rep just didn't know what the heck was going on at the time.
    Sadly I do not think this is a case of a misinformed rep. She specifically mentioned they had dealt with a number of similar calls this morning and that her manager had investigated the situation and discovered the promo chargers had already sold out.

A lot of us here I think pretty much ordered the minute the non-premier page went live.

So in order for her statement to be true, pretty much all of the charging plates either had to have gone to Premier customers, the number of promotional chargers was basically zero, or its a mistake. Someone had a screenshot saying "we had to order a large number of chargers" or something like that in a training document.

WTF

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I call shenanigans.
    Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
    Past Phones: iPhone 4, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Focus, Samsung Focus Flash, Nokia Lumia 900, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4

Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro, Nexus 7

I have to call BS on this. On AT&T's website it clearly states that the promotion will last until January of 2013

Global Posts
    8,093 Global Posts
    My guess (though it's only a guess) is that AT&T mistakenly thought that the promotion meant that they would be giving away the free chargers directly. Instead, maybe they'll be given away through that NokiaFreeCharger.com site, that the main page already reported on, and when AT&T found out about that, they quickly fixed their mistake.

I have no inside knowledge of anything, it's just a guess, but either they were only giving out a couple hundred free, or something got screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    My guess (though it's only a guess) is that AT&T mistakenly thought that the promotion meant that they would be giving away the free chargers directly. Instead, maybe they'll be given away through that NokiaFreeCharger.com site, that the main page already reported on, and when AT&T found out about that, they quickly fixed their mistake.

I have no inside knowledge of anything, it's just a guess, but either they were only giving out a couple hundred free, or something got screwed up.

I think this may be true. Or at least there is a batch of chargers for the stores, but free ones through online orders need to be obtained through Nokia.

I still can't even FIND the wireless chargers on the AT&T web site. Can you post a link?

Doc

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Someone said the charger and wireless charging stand was in the assessor use section but at 645am eastern I didn't see either one

i just pre-ordered at the at&t store near me, and they told me a black charge pad is coming with it. try going to a physical store. i doubt they ran out already

I just got off of chat with AT&T and here's what the rep said:

Leah V.: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?
    Jetface: I'm trying to find out how to add the free wireless charging pad to my Lumia 920 order. I wasn't able to find it last night when I made my order at 3am CST and I still don't see it listed on the site.
    Leah V.: I will be happy to assist you today!
    Leah V.: The pad will be included, our site is not yet updated with the full details.
    Jetface: Okay, so I didn't have to add it to the order when I made it?
    Leah V.: That is correct, it will be included automatically.
    Jetface: Okay, that is good to hear, there has been some conflicting information on this. I've been hearing that you had to add it at the time of ordering and then that the promotion ran out of chargers already. So I was a bit worried, especially after staying up so late to get the pre-order through
    Leah V.: We have not been advised that the promotion has run out.

So it sounds like they will just be auto added to Lumia 920 orders, and they haven't run out yet. My guess is premier members have to manually add them to their orders but people ordering through the normal site will not have to. I don't have any proof to this, but last night people that were ordering through premier said they had to add the charger.

When I ordered last night, I had to "physically" add the charger to my cart. It would have let me continue without it. Once I got to checkout, I was shown the discount(s) on the charger which brought the price down to $0.

Edit - this was on the Premier site

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure the last post with the conversation with AT&T web chat is accurate that they will be included in the shipment with the device. I really don't care if I get the plate or not I'm fine plugging a micro-USB cable into my phone. I just want the darn phone.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I ordered on premier last night. I did not add the charging plate. I however, read the forum and canceled my order and reorder, this time adding the charging plate. However, my orders kept getting canceled. After several hours they finally reinstated my order with the charging plate. If I go to order the phone now it still says you get the charging plate, but when I add one, it charges me for it. I think they must have made a change for all ordering. I think it is insane that one is required to add it.

My order kept getting cancelled, because I had canceled and reordered on the same line. It was some sort of fraud protection. The ordering system needs a little work.

Just talked to AT&T and they said it's a promotion that runs from the 9th to January 2013. Only problem with that is that they weren't sure about the colors. I think I care more about the phone color than the charging pad.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetface View Post
    I just got off of chat with AT&T and here's what the rep said:

Leah V.: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?
    Jetface: I'm trying to find out how to add the free wireless charging pad to my Lumia 920 order. I wasn't able to find it last night when I made my order at 3am CST and I still don't see it listed on the site.
    Leah V.: I will be happy to assist you today!
    Leah V.: The pad will be included, our site is not yet updated with the full details.
    Jetface: Okay, so I didn't have to add it to the order when I made it?
    Leah V.: That is correct, it will be included automatically.
    Jetface: Okay, that is good to hear, there has been some conflicting information on this. I've been hearing that you had to add it at the time of ordering and then that the promotion ran out of chargers already. So I was a bit worried, especially after staying up so late to get the pre-order through
    Leah V.: We have not been advised that the promotion has run out.

So it sounds like they will just be auto added to Lumia 920 orders, and they haven't run out yet. My guess is premier members have to manually add them to their orders but people ordering through the normal site will not have to. I don't have any proof to this, but last night people that were ordering through premier said they had to add the charger.

Correct. I just read on the Premier site that I have to manually add it to the order to get it. Nothing about it being out of stock.

My only issue is that I can go in to the store or have it delivered. Not sure I can count on delivery if I'm ordering today.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

So I already placed my order but did not see an option to add the wireless charging pad (either free or otherwise). Does someone have an actual link to where you can order one either way?

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    More info from AT&T... This time it sounds legit... I think I may keep my online order after all!

Austin: I understand, Josh. Are you needing to cancel the order?
    Josh: I think so... I was unable to add the wireless charger which was part of the promotion, but was advised to purchase it anyway and call support this morning. On the phone they said that they couldn't help me, so I think I want to cancel the order and handle it with AT&T in person.
    Josh: Unless you have other information to advise, me, I think cancelling the order is what I need to do.
    Austin: Ah, actually, you are alright, Josh!
    Austin: Let me explain.
    Austin: After many many customers asked questions about the charger this morning, corporate informed us that until we run out of stock, the charger is automatically included in your order.
    Josh: Awesome! This is great information.
    Austin: Definitely, Josh! I'm just glad they clarified that for us. Customers were very curious how that was going to work this morning.

I just chatted with a very nice girl at AT&T. She admitted that the orders were a bit of a mess, and suggested I wait for my delivery confirmation to see what was included with my order. She didn't make it sound like there going to a problem, either way...

They are NOT gone. Check it out. At first I didn't see the charging plate and figured I was too late. But i was persistent with my chat support agent and here's how it went down. This was at 12:33pm EST (after initial report were they were all sold out).

Me: I've picked out a White Nokia 920. Can you wave the $36 fee? If so, I'll upgrade right this moment.

Jeffrey Collins: I can definitely waive that for you.

Me: Also, I understand that the Nokia 920 comes with a free wireless charging pad. Is that true?

Jeffrey Collins: That is something that in need to double check, give me a moment. Thanks

Jeffrey Collins: For the charging pad James it is being sold separately.

Me: Do you have any information about the free wireless charging pad offer? Are you aware of that?

Jeffrey Collins: Yes let me double check it for you.

Me: Many others I am talking with online were able to get one.

Jeffrey Collins: Let me check it with our sales team.

Jeffrey Collins: Yes let me double check it for you.

Me: Many others I am talking with online were able to get one.

Jeffrey Collins: Let me check it with our sales team.

Jeffrey Collins: I have talked to my manager and because you've been a very loyal customer to us, we will be sending you a FREE charging plate. We will call you on 11/09/2012 to give the confirmation number.

Jeffrey Collins: Ok so expect a free charging plate for FREE and thank you for placing your order. And I wanted to take this opportunity of simply saying "Thank You" for being a very loyal customer of AT&T and We are looking forward of doing business with you forever!!

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    I just started a chat with Heather at AT&T and she immediately replied by saying that the charging plate is not available.

She didn't elaborate, but she did tell me twice to check back later today for some reason.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    They told me that it is NOT available IF you want to order it separately. But that they will be shipped with Lumia 920 orders regardless of if you purchased one.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    They told me that it is NOT available IF you want to order it separately. But that they will be shipped with Lumia 920 orders regardless of if you purchased one.
    I wonder how that will work for people who just buy a 920 in the store on Friday...

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I just pre-ordered in my local store and the in-store system wasn't setup for the Promo. My agent said their either shipping it automatically with the order or they'll give me one from stock that day.

I'll report back what happens on Friday.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast