Free wireless chargers are already GONE!

Okcbikeguy

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Well I TRIED preordering right at Midnight and kept at it until 1 AM CST with no luck. I finally managed a preorder at around 4:30 AM CST. But there was no option for the wireless charger as an accessory.

I called into customer support this morning and was informed they only had a limited supply of the free chargers and that the promotion is ALREADY OVER. I am excited about getting the phone-but this is a horrible experience when a promoted item is only made available to the lucky few who manage to get through in the initial hours.

Grrrrrrrrr.

Okcbikeguy

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping the rep just didn't know what the heck was going on at the time.
Sadly I do not think this is a case of a misinformed rep. She specifically mentioned they had dealt with a number of similar calls this morning and that her manager had investigated the situation and discovered the promo chargers had already sold out.

unboxfetish

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
A lot of us here I think pretty much ordered the minute the non-premier page went live.

So in order for her statement to be true, pretty much all of the charging plates either had to have gone to Premier customers, the number of promotional chargers was basically zero, or its a mistake. Someone had a screenshot saying "we had to order a large number of chargers" or something like that in a training document.

WTF

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
My guess (though it's only a guess) is that AT&T mistakenly thought that the promotion meant that they would be giving away the free chargers directly. Instead, maybe they'll be given away through that NokiaFreeCharger.com site, that the main page already reported on, and when AT&T found out about that, they quickly fixed their mistake.

I have no inside knowledge of anything, it's just a guess, but either they were only giving out a couple hundred free, or something got screwed up.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My guess (though it's only a guess) is that AT&T mistakenly thought that the promotion meant that they would be giving away the free chargers directly. Instead, maybe they'll be given away through that NokiaFreeCharger.com site, that the main page already reported on, and when AT&T found out about that, they quickly fixed their mistake.

I have no inside knowledge of anything, it's just a guess, but either they were only giving out a couple hundred free, or something got screwed up.

I think this may be true. Or at least there is a batch of chargers for the stores, but free ones through online orders need to be obtained through Nokia.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Someone said the charger and wireless charging stand was in the assessor use section but at 645am eastern I didn't see either one

link815

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i just pre-ordered at the at&t store near me, and they told me a black charge pad is coming with it. try going to a physical store. i doubt they ran out already

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got off of chat with AT&T and here's what the rep said:

Leah V.: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?
Jetface: I'm trying to find out how to add the free wireless charging pad to my Lumia 920 order. I wasn't able to find it last night when I made my order at 3am CST and I still don't see it listed on the site.
Leah V.: I will be happy to assist you today!
Leah V.: The pad will be included, our site is not yet updated with the full details.
Jetface: Okay, so I didn't have to add it to the order when I made it?
Leah V.: That is correct, it will be included automatically.
Jetface: Okay, that is good to hear, there has been some conflicting information on this. I've been hearing that you had to add it at the time of ordering and then that the promotion ran out of chargers already. So I was a bit worried, especially after staying up so late to get the pre-order through
Leah V.: We have not been advised that the promotion has run out.

So it sounds like they will just be auto added to Lumia 920 orders, and they haven't run out yet. My guess is premier members have to manually add them to their orders but people ordering through the normal site will not have to. I don't have any proof to this, but last night people that were ordering through premier said they had to add the charger.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
When I ordered last night, I had to "physically" add the charger to my cart. It would have let me continue without it. Once I got to checkout, I was shown the discount(s) on the charger which brought the price down to $0.

Edit - this was on the Premier site

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the last post with the conversation with AT&T web chat is accurate that they will be included in the shipment with the device. I really don't care if I get the plate or not I'm fine plugging a micro-USB cable into my phone. I just want the darn phone.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on premier last night. I did not add the charging plate. I however, read the forum and canceled my order and reorder, this time adding the charging plate. However, my orders kept getting canceled. After several hours they finally reinstated my order with the charging plate. If I go to order the phone now it still says you get the charging plate, but when I add one, it charges me for it. I think they must have made a change for all ordering. I think it is insane that one is required to add it.

My order kept getting cancelled, because I had canceled and reordered on the same line. It was some sort of fraud protection. The ordering system needs a little work.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just talked to AT&T and they said it's a promotion that runs from the 9th to January 2013. Only problem with that is that they weren't sure about the colors. I think I care more about the phone color than the charging pad.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got off of chat with AT&T and here's what the rep said:

Leah V.: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?
Jetface: I'm trying to find out how to add the free wireless charging pad to my Lumia 920 order. I wasn't able to find it last night when I made my order at 3am CST and I still don't see it listed on the site.
Leah V.: I will be happy to assist you today!
Leah V.: The pad will be included, our site is not yet updated with the full details.
Jetface: Okay, so I didn't have to add it to the order when I made it?
Leah V.: That is correct, it will be included automatically.
Jetface: Okay, that is good to hear, there has been some conflicting information on this. I've been hearing that you had to add it at the time of ordering and then that the promotion ran out of chargers already. So I was a bit worried, especially after staying up so late to get the pre-order through
Leah V.: We have not been advised that the promotion has run out.

So it sounds like they will just be auto added to Lumia 920 orders, and they haven't run out yet. My guess is premier members have to manually add them to their orders but people ordering through the normal site will not have to. I don't have any proof to this, but last night people that were ordering through premier said they had to add the charger.

Correct. I just read on the Premier site that I have to manually add it to the order to get it. Nothing about it being out of stock.

My only issue is that I can go in to the store or have it delivered. Not sure I can count on delivery if I'm ordering today.

jwckauman

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
So I already placed my order but did not see an option to add the wireless charging pad (either free or otherwise). Does someone have an actual link to where you can order one either way?

awesomeplant

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
More info from AT&T... This time it sounds legit... I think I may keep my online order after all!

Austin: I understand, Josh. Are you needing to cancel the order?
Josh: I think so... I was unable to add the wireless charger which was part of the promotion, but was advised to purchase it anyway and call support this morning. On the phone they said that they couldn't help me, so I think I want to cancel the order and handle it with AT&T in person.
Josh: Unless you have other information to advise, me, I think cancelling the order is what I need to do.
Austin: Ah, actually, you are alright, Josh!
Austin: Let me explain.
Austin: After many many customers asked questions about the charger this morning, corporate informed us that until we run out of stock, the charger is automatically included in your order.
Josh: Awesome! This is great information.
Austin: Definitely, Josh! I'm just glad they clarified that for us. Customers were very curious how that was going to work this morning.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I just chatted with a very nice girl at AT&T. She admitted that the orders were a bit of a mess, and suggested I wait for my delivery confirmation to see what was included with my order. She didn't make it sound like there going to a problem, either way...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3