Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
Like Tree1Likes
  1. pike1783's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
       #1  
    Has anyone heard any new news on what colors will available in-store at launch? My local AT&T store tip toed around the answer saying at their training they said only black, red and white in-store. My BestBuy still refuses to answer any questions on the 920 at all. I find it hard to believe that out of all the color options, that only 3 would be carried in-store. I'm still torn between the black and cyan and would love to actually view it at a store before pre-ordering. If the limited in-store color options hold true, it might force me to go ahead and pre-order the black one so I don't chance the possibility of limited stock.
  2. chriscookz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    121 Posts
    #2  
    If it's only those 3 then I would be ok, I want the red one. But I can certainly feel for others who want the cyan or yellow, those are sharp looking colors.

    I'm just worried that my local store won't actually GET all of those 3 colors, and possibly only be getting black. I'm heading over there today over my lunch break.
  3. Reflexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,274 Posts
    #3  
    My wife wants the red. I want the yellow.

    The yellow is the bigger issue because if I preorder that, it ships next week. Not a huge deal, but would be sort of lame if I had to wait a week and it shows up at the store.
  4. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,395 Posts
    #4  
    It's silly that Nokia's featured color is only available online, and later than every other color.

  5. pike1783's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
       #5  
    Well I just got back from my local store and they said they couldn't confirm colors until inventory comes in on Thursday. Seems like corporate and the stores don't communicate well. After looking at the Lumia 900 cyan I think I'll just go ahead with black since I regretfully ruled the others out due to the gloss finish. On a side note, I wasn't able to pre-order in-store but have read that others have been able to do so.
  6. texantony's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    166 Posts
    #6  
    Im in Dallas, and I was told no pre-order at the stores. He did say all colors are listed and the free charding pad shows in the system, but can't guarantee all colors will be there. I don't understand why it's so hard to get this together. Nokia and ATT had months to get this marriage going and yet online AT&T doesn't know what Store AT&t is doing.
  7. mlm1950's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    480 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    #7  
    I've read that the yellow and cyan are online only colors.

    Microsoft said they were going to have all colors available in their own stores, though.
  8. km99's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    My wife wants the red. I want the yellow.

    The yellow is the bigger issue because if I preorder that, it ships next week. Not a huge deal, but would be sort of lame if I had to wait a week and it shows up at the store.
    Ditto here!
    After all the excitement and stress, I can't wait for the yellow for another week. I plan to get a different color (wife doesn't want me to get red and ruin her excitement)and wait for the yellow to show up at the store and will exchange for it.
  9. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,395 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlm1950 View Post
    I've read that the yellow and cyan are online only colors.

    Microsoft said they were going to have all colors available in their own stores, though.
    That's good news. May I ask where you read that? And any word on when they'd actually be in stores?

  10. mlm1950's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    480 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hasasimo View Post
    That's good news. May I ask where you read that? And any word on when they'd actually be in stores?
    The first part I read about here, the Microsoft part was said during the WP8 release event. No idea when they will be in stores.
    Thanked by:
  11. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,395 Posts
    #11  
    Looking forward to bombarding my area AT&T stores by phone late tomorrow afternoon/evening to ask what colors they have. If they're planning to launch the Lumia 920 on Friday, they should have their stock in by late Thursday. Hopefully seeing what's actually in front of them won't be too difficult for AT&T.

  12. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #12  
    If you want to look at Cyan...just look at a Cyan 900.
  13. WasteSomeTime's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #13  
    They usually have cyan, yellow, black and red.

    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
  14. bauerbach's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    221 Posts
    #14  
    nokias own blog, stated yellow and cyan as online and special order in store. no gaurentees, but I tend to believe nokia on this, they also told us that preorders would start last night in that announcement.
  15. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,395 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bauerbach View Post
    nokias own blog, stated yellow and cyan as online and special order in store. no gaurentees, but I tend to believe nokia on this, they also told us that preorders would start last night in that announcement.
    I want yellow, I'm just in denial about having to wait an extra week and order online, and hoping some store will actually have one on Friday. I've called around and gotten random answers, none of which I'm really taking seriously, from "probably just black and cyan initially" to "we'll probably have a little of each color."

  16. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,395 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    If you want to look at Cyan...just look at a Cyan 900.
    Interestingly, it appears Nokia is using a slightly brighter cyan in its 920 than the 900.

  17. invisik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #17  
    I just visited the Mall of Ameria AT&T store and talked with my guy there. He said they will have black, white and red only and blue and yellow are only available online. He did say you can have your online order shipped to the store if you want them to set stuff up for you.

    He also had some dummy 920's in yellow and blue (of all colors!). Blue looked just like the 900 and yellow was really shiny.

    Not sure I can wait for more days to get a blue one shipped out.. ugh

    -m
    ---
    NOKIA Lumia 920 on AT&T (black)
    HP ElitePad 900 64GB/AT&T
    Microsoft Surface RT 32GB
    Apple iPad 2 16GB
    BlackBerry Playbook 16GB
  18. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,395 Posts
    #18  
    AT&T's website doesn't even let me check out without adding a plan if I choose the no-commitment $449 price. Why am I not surprised? Since I apparently won't be able to buy my yellow 920 in an AT&T store, it looks like my only hope is the Microsoft Store carrying it at some point or ordering an unlocked.

  19. Reflexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,274 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hasasimo View Post
    I want yellow, I'm just in denial about having to wait an extra week and order online, and hoping some store will actually have one on Friday. I've called around and gotten random answers, none of which I'm really taking seriously, from "probably just black and cyan initially" to "we'll probably have a little of each color."

    A Nokia marketing rep confirmed to me that the AT&T yellow and cyan are online only.
  20. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,395 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    A Nokia marketing rep confirmed to me that the AT&T yellow and cyan are online only.
    Thanks. Too bad AT&T doesn't even let you order the phone off contract (no commitment) without adding a montly plan to it! What kind of B.S. is that? No, AT&T, you will not force me to make you my mobile operator.

    Looks like my only shot for a yellow L920 is either the Microsoft Store or importing an unlocked version.

  21. ProfessorTripp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by hasasimo View Post
    Thanks. Too bad AT&T doesn't even let you order the phone off contract (no commitment) without adding a montly plan to it! What kind of B.S. is that? No, AT&T, you will not force me to make you my mobile operator.

    Looks like my only shot for a yellow L920 is either the Microsoft Store or importing an unlocked version.
    I read somewhere on these forums earlier that Microsoft stores do price matching. If they are higher than AT&T maybe you can go that route.
    Thanked by:
  22. Adiliyo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    454 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,001 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlm1950 View Post
    The first part I read about here, the Microsoft part was said during the WP8 release event. No idea when they will be in stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlm1950 View Post
    I've read that the yellow and cyan are online only colors.

    Microsoft said they were going to have all colors available in their own stores, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by km99 View Post
    Ditto here!
    After all the excitement and stress, I can't wait for the yellow for another week. I plan to get a different color (wife doesn't want me to get red and ruin her excitement)and wait for the yellow to show up at the store and will exchange for it.
    people have been mishearing/reading what ballmer said during the launch keynote. he said that msft stores will have all phones available, but the expanded color selection will be available in their online stores only.
    Pontifex likes this.
  23. Chris Coyle's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #23  
    My Att store in Portland Me just confirmed only black, white and red in the stores. Nokia rep was in yesterday and there will be the free charging plates.
  24. pike1783's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
       #24  
    I just called some stores near me in Dallas that were showing in stock online (means scanned into inventory but not selling until tomorrow) to at least ask about colors. One store said they only got black and white in, another mentioned red and black and the third said red, white and black. Seems like color choice at launch might vary by location.
  25. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,395 Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTripp View Post
    I read somewhere on these forums earlier that Microsoft stores do price matching. If they are higher than AT&T maybe you can go that route.
    Thanks. I'd actually be willing to pay a little more than the $449 if it means I could get a yellow L920 within the next couple of days. The question is when will the Microsoft Store begin selling these bad boys?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions