Best charging pad for the 920? and where to buy?

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if any charging pads are available for purchase yet? and if so, which one you think is the best?

I am really wanting to get a couple of the Nokia Fatboy Charging Pillows, but can't seem to find any online to buy...

I want to use the wireless charging on my 920 like a week ago!

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Just received my charging pad, and it works GREAT with the 920.

Bought it for $50 on amazon. I'll be using this one at home, and use the free Nokia one at work.

Qi Inductive Wireless Charging | Energizer

attachment.php

attachment.php

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Engadget just had an article about the charging chip in the 920 and its match in the fatboy pillow and other new Nokia chargers. They stated they provide 4x charging speed when paired. Im not buying anything else...

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
People also seem happy with the LG WCP-700 It comes out to about $40 with shipping. (Not Amazon Prime unfortunately)

Some people seem to be annoyed by how loud/much it beeps....

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, got lucky. Figured I wouldn't lose much if it didn't work, guess we'll see if it's as fast as the Nokia ones.

I think it's 4x the charging area. I have found this to be accurate, it's really easy to charge the 920 wirelessly. It's not picky about its placement on the pad at all.

Speed wise the energizer charges really fast. Last night I was taking a bunch of pics and videos and my phone stayed at 100% battery because I set it down on the charger in between shots.

People also seem happy with the LG WCP-700 It comes out to about $40 with shipping. (Not Amazon Prime unfortunately)

Some people seem to be annoyed by how loud/much it beeps....

I was looking for that one at the Verizon store, but they stopped carrying it. The beep would get really annoying though. I would rather get the Nokia charger for a single unit.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
The energizer single mat one is ~$45 on Amazon right now. That's not too bad, but if Nokia's own one is $49.99, then I am sure more people will go the latter.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
My plan is to get the charging stand for work and the energizer pad will be used at home. I want at least that one so I can use the NFC feature.

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
AT&T has them in all colors for $49 and the standing white and black for $69 why would anyone buy anything else for the same price?

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning on getting a charging pad that supports 2 or more devices for the living room (my gf and brother will also have 920s), two charging stands for the bedroom end tables and a charging pad for my desk at work.... Assuming the price is right for these things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)