Went to my local AT&T and got to feel the weight in person

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
*Opinion of one individual.

I, along hundreds of thousands of other human beings, find the Lumia 800/900/920 design to be just incredible. Pure innovation when compared to all the other cheap plastic pieces of crap (keyword: cheap)

The Lumia certainly feels like an expensive thing.
Following the N9 is pure innovation? That's like calling the iphone 5 innovative. I understand it's opinion, that's why I wrote "imo".

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know how easy it would be to fit wheels to the 920? I'm thinking that might be best way to move the phone around. I've looked around on the Grainger web site, but I can't find any wheels with a high enough capacity rating. I've got a team coming in this afternoon to pour a concrete foundation for the wireless charger, but it might be necessary to move the phone to a different location every now and then. Crazy talk, I know, but I do like a challenge...

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I just picked this up to help me out carrying my 920 around. Going to have it painted gloss white to match!

Power-Loader02.jpg

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know how easy it would be to fit wheels to the 920? I'm thinking that might be best way to move the phone around. I've looked around on the Grainger web site, but I can't find any wheels with a high enough capacity rating. I've got a team coming in this afternoon to pour a concrete foundation for the wireless charger, but it might be necessary to move the phone to a different location every now and then. Crazy talk, I know, but I do like a challenge...

I'm thinking a tracked drive system would better than wheels...to better distribute the weight and have better traction off-road. Maybe you could retrofit one of those Bobcat rigs to serve as a phone case?

Compact Track Loaders Overview - Bobcat Company

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Was anyone else able to locate one for display at their local AT&T?

Also to be fair, I do work out daily. So yea, I do lift bros.

Just called 5 Washington DC area stores, and none have them in yet. A few said they expect the shipment tomorrow. I'll annoy them again then.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Following the N9 is pure innovation?
The "lankku" design, which was debuted with the N9, is one of the best designs in the industry since we went all glass on the front. It was only natural for Nokia to apply and evolve it in their Lumia line..nothing wrong with that, and its still their innovation.

HTC took a very good look at it .. I am guessing they started the "copy" phase right after the N9 was introduced in June last year. Its a brilliant design..why wouldn't you copy it ? So the 8X is the result of that.

It has very solid fundamentals, the only issue with the lumia line is that the frontal proportions are off because of the need for those 3 buttons on the bottom. Originally it was meant for a "buttonless" design, which is what the N9 is.

keizka

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Did I mention I love this thread?

I wonder how they are going to facilitate all those web preorders here in Finland... I mean, it's going to be a hassle if you have get one whole truck for one device, and AFAIK preorders are in hundreds. 22nd will be remembered as the most chaotic launch day ever in Finland, I guess.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Did I mention I love this thread?

I wonder how they are going to facilitate all those web preorders here in Finland... I mean, it's going to be a hassle if you have get one whole truck for one device, and AFAIK preorders are in hundreds. 22nd will be remembered as the most chaotic launch day ever in Finland, I guess.

The carbon credits needed to offset the emissions from the shipment of the 920's will probably cost into the trillions of euros. The mass of the 920 will lead to the end of the EuroZone!!!

keizka

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
The carbon credits needed to offset the emissions from the shipment of the 920's will probably cost into the trillions of euros. The mass of the 920 will lead to the end of the EuroZone!!!
Well, with such strong preorder pretty much everywhere in Western world, you might as well call it the end of Western civilization as we know it.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Reports are coming in about the disastrous effects of people inadvertently dropping their 920. Just look at the damage:

sink.jpg

Here's a picture taken after a UPS guy threw a package containing a 920 on the front yard of this poor guy:

sinkhole1.jpg

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
BREAKING NEWS: I was at the beach earlier and dropped my Lumia 920 in the water. A Tsunami Warning has since been issued for the entire Eastern seaboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster