New lumia 920 owner with new user questions

richard451

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I decided to give a cyan lumia 920 a try and switch from my iPhone 4 and I had sone questions to prepare me for the switchover (I never used the windows phone os before)

I use google mail, calendar and contacts. Will I be able to still use those services natively on the phone?

I also use an exchange mail and calendar work. Assuming I can use the google calendar, can the built in calendar show data from both sources?

Thanks

Richard

Edit - added another question

Last edited:

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I decided to give a cyan lumia 920 a try and switch from my iPhone 4 and I had a question to prepare me for the switchover (I never used the windows phone os before)

I use google mail, calendar and contacts. Will I be able to still use those services natively on the phone?

Thanks

Richard

Yes you can use all 3. I also use google's services and was able to add my contacts, calendar and mail to my phone.

If you have multiple google calendars, go to m.google.com/sync from your Lumia and you can enable the additional calendars.

richard451

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can use all 3. I also use google's services and was able to add my contacts, calendar and mail to my phone.

If you have multiple google calendars, go to m.google.com/sync from your Lumia and you can enable the additional calendars.
Thanks!

Do the contacts stay in sync with google or is it a one time transfer?

Also, are there issues with visual voicemail like android has or is it closer to the iPhone (where it just works without setting it up)

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!

Do the contacts stay in sync with google or is it a one time transfer?

Also, are there issues with visual voicemail like android has or is it closer to the iPhone (where it just works without setting it up)

It stays in sync. I deleted a phone number on gmail.com and it disappeared from my phone right away.

As for visual voicemail, I had no issues at all with T-Mobile USA. I got a vm yesterday, and the phone asked me if I wanted to set up visual vm. I accepted, and it just worked.

I was really surprised, but that's a good thing. :)

richard451

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. This makes me feel better about the purchase. As for where I bought the Cyan 920. I got it direct from AT&T and their web site. It's supposed to be delivered on Friday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills