Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By p.jgordon
  • 1 Post By ProfessorTripp

I know that just like me some of you might be having some trouble deciding which color to pick for your new Lumias. I did some searching around and found a useful diagram to help steer you in the right direction.

Its interesting to see if something as simple as the color of your phone might have an impact on the way you are perceived in your business fields. In other words, if you are paramedic or a doctor, it might not suit you to pick yourself a red Lumia as it could set some alarms in your patient's subconscious.

Source link: True Colors: What Your Brand Colors Say About Your Business [Infographic] - B2B Marketing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails true-colors1.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Gken, Redspeed93 and camilo897 like this.

haha wow thanks for this, but I'm still getting the white one. Just in case your wondering I work in the legal field.

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Yellow and I'm a data architect.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    White.
    And I'm a college student,
    an unemployed professional,
    a newly born Nokia enthusiast,
    and I'm not a Mormon.

Quote Originally Posted by p.jgordon View Post
    I know that just like me some of you might be having some trouble deciding which color to pick for your new Lumias. I did some searching around and found a useful diagram to help steer you in the right direction.

Its interesting to see if something as simple as the color of your phone might have an impact on the way you are perceived in your business fields. In other words, if you are paramedic or a doctor, it might not suit you to pick yourself a red Lumia as it could set some alarms in your patient's subconscious.

Click to view quoted image

Source link: True Colors: What Your Brand Colors Say About Your Business [Infographic] - B2B Marketing
    You Sir, just won the internet.

To me it's not about color, but about matte vs glossy. Nokia's matte is wonderful to the touch.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingCrimson View Post
    To me it's not about color, but about matte vs glossy. Nokia's matte is wonderful to the touch.
    I am in the same thinking! Coming from a black iPhone 4S, want a red lumia 920, but prefer the matte finish, and only black matte is available here in the UAE.

I really want a red or yellow Lumia. I have the cyan 900 currently and I love it but I want something new. The gloss vs matte is also a big deal because i favor the matter.

I also want a phone color that will match my tiles well....

Personally I want the grey matte. That will be THE mythical Lumia 920!

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingCrimson View Post
    Personally I want the grey matte. That will be THE mythical Lumia 920!
    So do I, unfortunately. I won't mind black though, the matte finish is more important to me than the color.

Cyan is tempting but isn't for me.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    The more I see the yellow, the more I want it. Cyan will be the back up plan if the glossy finish feels cheap. (I'm a musician)

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post
    The more I see the yellow, the more I want it. Cyan will be the back up plan if the glossy finish feels cheap. (I'm a musician)
    The yellow is sharp, it reminds me of my younger days with a yellow Sony Walkman.

Those were the days.
    vp710 likes this.

I have a white Lumia 900 so I really don't want to go that route again (although I'm tempted).

The yellow is sexy to me, but if the red is activating pituitary glands, that may be an unexpected benefit. :)

Quote Originally Posted by GayWorf View Post
    I have a white Lumia 900 so I really don't want to go that route again (although I'm tempted).

The yellow is sexy to me, but if the red is activating pituitary glands, that may be an unexpected benefit. :)
    There's a reason red is the color of choice for most lipsticks, nails, lingerie etc....On the other hand, red can imply negative things if you are an accountant or a financial analyst.

I think color is going to play an important role if enterprises are going to issue Lumias for their employees; especially with Microsoft pushing all its business features.

Something else to think about is how different cultures perceive colors. For example:

White
    Japan: White carnation symbolizes death
    Eastern: Funerals
    Western: Brides, angels, good guys, hospitals, doctors, peace (white dove)

Color Symbolism Chart by Culture