Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I am already on contract with AT&T and am also eligible for a phone upgrade.

When I called AT&T to upgrade to the Lumia 920, they said the upgrade price is $199 and the $99 is only for 'online' orders.

So, they wouldn't sell me the phone for $99.

Was I just unlucky with the sales rep or is this how it actually is suppose to be?

Call again, I think you just got unlucky ... the final price should be $99 excluding tax and upgrade fee

If it doesn't work out I recommend just ordering online or going to your local ATT store and pre-order (like I did)

Same thing happened to me. I called in the first time, since I was under contract, they had to override for an early upgrade, but could only offer $199. They wouldn't budge in lowering it to $99. So I declined and called again.

The second time, the next rep declined even doing the override, stating that I already called and was "declined an override for the $99 deal". He read it as a decline to override in general, so now I can't even get the $199 price!

It sounds like this may happen to you too, so be cautious...
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me this morning I wound up ordering on line.

Thank you for the replies. I avoided going into an AT&T store hoping to just call them from home. I guess I should have stopped into the store.