Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Their customer support is an absolute joke.

I spoke to about 4 reps today, and received different info from all regarding early upgrade.

The best answer I received was $250 + cost of device and the rep was not able to execute the upgrade, and only promised a sales person would call me tomorrow.

What a crock.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdreamer View Post
    Just wondering, has anyone with a Lumia 900 try to do this?
    I switched to AT&T from Sprint back in April for the Lumia 900, so I'm only 6-7 months into a 2-year contract. On a lark, last week I decided to log onto att.com and check my upgrade status, just to see what would happen. Lo and behold, I had an upgrade available to me! Not an early upgrade, but a full upgrade so long as I re-signed a two-year contract.

Yesterday morning I logged back in, crossing my fingers that it was not a mistake, and the upgrade was still there. So I pre-ordered a cyan Lumia 920 and it should arrive tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dession View Post
    The same exact thing happened to me. I called on Wednesday to ask about when my upgrade was and I let the rep know I wanted to buy a Lumia 920. Since pre-orders didn't start until Thursday she said she'd call me the next day to place the order. So she called me in the morning on Thursday and had her manager override my upgrade day. My upgrade was supposed to be in June 2013. So I went through and placed the order. But she charged me $199 instead of $99, so I called back and another rep gave me a $100 credit on my ATT bill. So happy to be an ATT customer!
    Interesting, they're offering me $199 for the early upgrade too. What did you ask them when you called back? I don't want to feel like an ***** when I call and there's already a note of me acknowledging the price increase...

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DKDogz54 View Post
    Interesting, they're offering me $199 for the early upgrade too. What did you ask them when you called back? I don't want to feel like an ***** when I call and there's already a note of me acknowledging the price increase...
    How far into your contract are you? And what device do you currently have? They are only offering me $250 + the cost of the device for a total of $350.

I can't upgrade until June 2013. I talked to 5 reps and the best I was offered was $199. Anyone with this same situation have any better luck?

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamikeee View Post
    I can't upgrade until June 2013. I talked to 5 reps and the best I was offered was $199. Anyone with this same situation have any better luck?
    I'm June 2013 as well!

Best I got was 250 plus price of device. You got 200 total?

What did you say to the reps?

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    So at the end of the day the decision to make is whether or not $100 savings (since the 920 is $450 off contract) is worth locking yourself into a 2 year contract. That boils down to slightly over $4 per month over the life of the contract. Personally I think I would prefer to buy the phone off contract and then have the upgrade for another phone 8-12 months down the line if something else piques my interest.
    Considering I have a dying Focus Flash and just had to shell out for a speeding ticket and dental work, I'll take the cheaper contract option.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

I just mentioned how badly I wanted the phone and stated that I've been with them for 10+ years. They offered to waive off the activation fee and give me free shipping, but the $99 price tag is what I really wanted. Expecting to pay $100ish compared to 200ish is a big difference. I'm going to try calling more later, I might get lucky hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Philorube View Post
    How far into your contract are you? And what device do you currently have? They are only offering me $250 + the cost of the device for a total of $350.
    Im about a year into the contract. I told them how I usually get the early upgrades every year and didn't know about the change in policy about stopping that. I have the HTC Titan. I told them I wanted to stay within the Microsoft ecosystem (been hearing how they're more lenient on those who want to upgrade to something else other than an iphone).

I just mentioned how badly I wanted the phone and stated that I've been with them for 10+ years. They offered to waive off the activation fee and give me free shipping, but the $99 price tag is what I really wanted. Expecting to pay $100ish compared to 200ish is a big difference. I'm going to try calling more later, I might get lucky hopefully.
    Watch out on that. For me, they had notes on how I called and asked for the $99 and denied the $199 offer. I'm hoping it won't ruin my chances of getting the $199 deal and calling to price match the $99 deal.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I'm scared of calling back! :/

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darus214 View Post
    How far are you into your contract?
    I bought an iPhone 4S in December 2011 on a 2 year contract, so I'm 10-11 months in.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I just called and said that online the price is advertised as $99 for a 2-year contract but I was charged $199 when I placed an order over the phone. The rep apologized and gave me the credit.

So would the best bet be to order the phone at $199 and then call back when later and state that the 2-year agreement price is $99?

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dession View Post
    I bought an iPhone 4S in December 2011 on a 2 year contract, so I'm 10-11 months in.
    I'm also 10 - 11 months in. ATT is really starting to **** me off.

So would the best bet be to order the phone at $199 and then call back when later and state that the 2-year agreement price is $99?
    Seems like the best route. Me being impatient, I told them to leave a note so I can pick it up at the corporate store on saturday, but it states in the note that I will be charged $199. I'll call 611 later that day and ask for a PM to the $99. Sounds complicated so I hope it works :)

Wow. I tried to insist me picking it up at the store, but they kept saying the stores have no power to override the upgrade eligibility. Hm, maybe i'll ask if they can leave a note on there and I'll pay the 200 then call them to see if they can bring it to $99. If not I can always return it.

Just called them and was told there was nothing they can do for me because the upgrade is too far for me.... I have a launch 900 as well.... might try again later on.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Seriously ATTs lack of consistency is complete BS!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sdreamer View Post
    Just called them and was told there was nothing they can do for me because the upgrade is too far for me.... I have a launch 900 as well.... might try again later on.
    Having a premier account helps too. I'm thinking that's why some of us were offered the early upgrade.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Having a premier account helps too. I'm thinking that's why some of us were offered the early upgrade.
    I have premier and still no dice. I can't figure it out. How long have you people been att customers?

My family is on a premier account. Did you talk to premier service? It sounded to me that I was stuck to regular service, because when I then asked about my preorder for my other line, they had to transfer me to premier apparently.... so I might try calling them again if I can find the number for premier, I just called 611 last time but it said business support when it picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Philorube View Post
    I have premier and still no dice. I can't figure it out. How long have you people been att customers?

I've been with them since 2003. And I was 8 months out of eligible on one line, with my other line eligible. Also, mine is an enterprise account due to work based discount.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Etyrnus View Post
    I've been with them since 2003. And I was 8 months out of eligible on one line, with my other line eligible. Also, mine is an enterprise account due to work based discount.
    Ok maybe that's my problem. This is my first two year contact.

No luck. I tried again, this time calling the Premier support, this time using the number I got through our Premier provider, and they took the time to look at what they can do, and also asked their supervisor, but they still aren't able to do a thing for me... just my luck. I just wish 7.8 details would come out to help console me through this, lol.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast