Can't order no-commitment Lumia 920's from AT&T

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So I've tried a million times, but the AT&T website won't let you order a Lumia 920 (I'm going for yellow) off contract (no-commitment) without choosing a monthly plan first. So if you're not an AT&T customer and you're looking to get one of the online only colors to use with an MVNO, you're basically S.O.L. since it won't let you check out without adding a plan. Very frustrating. The only shot is if the Microsoft Store carries all colors in-store, but they have no idea when they're even getting the darn thing. Aside from that, the only other option is to shell out several hundred dollars more and import an unlocked international version when they're eventually available.

WTF :mad:

eurovisionacts

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
ordered a non-commitment phone. The ATT rep I chatted with says basically the phone comes non-activated. You just call customer support when you receive your phone and say that your want to cancel your contract (that you didn't activate). Since its a no commitment phone, they will comply and you have no ETF / activation fee.

In a nutshell order the phone with the minimum plan allowed, then cancel the plan when you get it, before you activate. Should be no fees.

Then go to straight talk

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
ordered a non-commitment phone. The ATT rep I chatted with says basically the phone comes non-activated. You just call customer support when you receive your phone and say that your want to cancel your contract (that you didn't activate). Since its a no commitment phone, they will comply and you have no ETF / activation fee.

In a nutshell order the phone with the minimum plan allowed, then cancel the plan when you get it, before you activate. Should be no fees.

Then go to straight talk

I appreciate the info. Since the yellows don't ship til the 12th anyway, I'll call/drive around my local AT&T and Microsoft Stores this Friday/weekend and see if I get lucky enough to find yellow. If not, I'll order online late Saturday.

Seems there should be an easier way, but hopefully what you're saying will work fine (without paying any extra). Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)