Now with ATT shipping on 9th. Any word on Unlocked version in the US.

AnIrudha

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The off contract price is real good. But I wanna buy the international version in US as I plan to use it in India (still no announcement here, and will be expensive). From Europe is really expensive.
Also, will there be any chance of it before month end.

dumeng

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Some friend contact at&t customer service and they said they can unlock the device if u buy for full price..

But still need confirmation after this friday ^^

I wanna use that at&t lumia on indonesia asap!

AnIrudha

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Some friend contact at&t customer service and they said they can unlock the device if u buy for full price..

But still need confirmation after this friday ^^

I wanna use that at&t lumia on indonesia asap!

What do you mean full price ? Off contract price ???

Also it wont work outside of states due to different frequencies.

shard#WP

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
The one's in the US won't work across the pond on LTE.
And AT&T will not unlock the phones for 6 months. You can't even buy them without a plan. This is what they have done in the past.

AnIrudha

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok it seems I won't be able to get my hands on one before November end. If possible any possible word on pricing in India. They released Lumia 900 for 32k INR

ouchyoung

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I called AT&T and the representative told me that I can apply for an unlock if I purchased it at the off-contract price. But I have to allow them at least 7 days for cooking up the unlocking code.

ouchyoung

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The one's in the US won't work across the pond on LTE.
And AT&T will not unlock the phones for 6 months. You can't even buy them without a plan. This is what they have done in the past.
Not really... Given to purchase online, yes, you are correct. But if you go to the store in person, then things chang :)

ouchyoung

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

What are the frequencies in your country? I know that this phone will be compatible with most GSM and WCDMA networks across the planet.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
fwiw - i asked a rep in store yesterday about unlocking - acted dumb :)
he said i would have you wait 6 months - just like the lumia 900
he did mention something i had not considered yet - unlikely this will happen but its possible that microsoft stores may offer the unlocked also...like i say tho, dont hold your breath on this.
i am also wanting to buy an unlocked version simply because i travel outside of the US often and i like the ability to just swap out the sim for a local sim and gain the benfit of cheap data etc.

Last edited:

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Were they unlocking Lumia 900 after 6 months even if it was on contract or were they only doing it for those who bought contract free from the get go?

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The off contract price is real good. But I wanna buy the international version in US as I plan to use it in India (still no announcement here, and will be expensive). From Europe is really expensive.
Also, will there be any chance of it before month end.

If we are able to buy the international version in the US, I would be willing to bet it will not still be selling for $450. That would make very little business sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos