A update on ordering from Amazon...

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I called them and -they- show the phone releasing the 12th. Well we all know that is incorrect since ATT will have them tomorrow, but what it means is they have a delayed pre-order (probably in deference to ATT), or maybe not even a pre-order at all since we only have Friday left this week.

For those of you wanting a better price on this, I'd wait until Monday to see what Amazon offers.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I called them and -they- show the phone releasing the 12th. Well we all know that is incorrect since ATT will have them tomorrow, but what it means is they have a delayed pre-order (probably in deference to ATT), or maybe not even a pre-order at all since we only have Friday left this week.

For those of you wanting a better price on this, I'd wait until Monday to see what Amazon offers.

That's a good point about waiting until Monday, but do you think it could be any cheaper than it is now for off contract or 2 year contract? It really seems low priced now, but who knows.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
with the 900, Amazon offered in $50 cheaper than ATT when it was available. They also ran some brief super contract deals. I'm not looking for that, but if they offer it less than the $449 no commitment price it will be a better deal than ATT for sure.

Rebelatheart

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
That's a good point about waiting until Monday, but do you think it could be any cheaper than it is now for off contract or 2 year contract? It really seems low priced now, but who knows.

It might be lower, but even if it is the same price, paying no tax, and having the no hassle return policy and great service from Amazon is worth it imo, if you dont need the free charger(I had 3 Lumia 900's at one time when it launched due to various issues...still need to write a letter thanking the rep who handled everything, and called personally to follow up with things)

Now, if they dont offer a free charger, then ATT would be a better deal..for those like me, buying off contract, we dont get a free charger apparently, so no biggie.

I, against my better judgement, tried ordering from ATT just b/c I wanted the free charger, but it was only for new customers, or upgrades, which the press release didnt say.

Cant wait for Amazon to get it.

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Think ill go with at&t tomorrow, don't want to wait and doing a quick search showed that amazon was actually more expensive for off contract Lumia 900 at first. Show it off at work tomorrow then long weekend with Halo 4!

Last edited:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
this launch seems to be going a little differently. When the 900 launched it was available for preorder from both Amazon and ATT. Amazon offered it 30-50 cheaper on contract...I do not recall what the off contract price was. I hope though Amazon is at least $449 no commitment, but if they do $449 and throw in maybe a $30 gift card or something to sweeten the deal ( I use Amazon all the time so GC would work) I'll go with them. After reading that the music management situation is as deplorable on WP8 as it is W8 though, I'm willing to wait until a real deal comes.

La Bomba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
this launch seems to be going a little differently. When the 900 launched it was available for preorder from both Amazon and ATT. Amazon offered it 30-50 cheaper on contract...I do not recall what the off contract price was. I hope though Amazon is at least $449 no commitment, but if they do $449 and throw in maybe a $30 gift card or something to sweeten the deal ( I use Amazon all the time so GC would work) I'll go with them. After reading that the music management situation is as deplorable on WP8 as it is W8 though, I'm willing to wait until a real deal comes.

I emailed AmazonWireless asking about the availability of Lumia 920, below is the reply:

"I'm sorry that I don't know when we'll be carrying that great new Nokia Lumia 920 phone, except to say we'll carry it eventually and as you seem to know already at a price lower than the carrier website and carrier store.

If it is possible for you, I would suggest just waiting to see when we do get it. It may not be too long."

Not sure how long is "not be too long", but seems like they will offer a better price

thejoyofsobe

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather order from Amazon, that way I wouldn't have to pay taxes...

i'm inclined to do so as well to avoid paying taxes but i'm interested in knowing whether AT&T's free wireless charger excludes the purchaser from receiving Nokia's free wireless charger. i ask because if you can get a wireless charger from both Nokia and AT&T then the tax from buying a no-commitment phone from AT&T should be $20 or so less than paying full retail for wireless charger.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

I've been monitoring Amazon since midnight. Nothing on being able to order the Lumia 920 yet; just a few accessories available. :mad:

thejoyofsobe

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Here's their response from last night. Perhaps he confused off-contract with unlocked.

My email
--------------------------
I would like to purchase a red AT&T Lumia 920 off-contract from Amazon Wireless. I recognize that it was only released on Friday but online retailers such as the Microsoft Store and Wal-Mart already have it available for purchase.

When do you anticipate Amazon Wireless will have this phone available? If it’s not this week I will give my business to the Microsoft Store as they are willing to price match AT&T’s price of $449.00 off-contract.

Thank you for your assistance.

Amazon's response
--------------------

Hello XXXX,

We don't currently have release date information for the AT&T Lumia 920 as an off contract phone (this will be found on Amazon.com, instead of AmazonWireless).

While we receive new phones often, it's difficult for us to predict when a specific phone will be available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and encourage you to check back periodically for the AT&T Lumia 920. As soon as we have more information for this phone it will be posted on our website. I'm sorry I was not able to give you any additional information.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Aaron C.
AmazonWireless: Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, and Accessories

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3