Free Wireless Charging Plate - DENIED!!

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, I went through the same issues as everyone else did early yesterday morning trying to get my Lumia 920 order past AT&T's dysfunctional web site.

While I was trying to order, I online chatted with several AT&T reps who all said they were having problems with the web site, and to either keep trying, or try again in an hour. As with everyone (other than Premier customers), I was unable to find the wireless charger on the accessories page to add to my order. Yesterday, I chatted with an AT&T rep, who said not to worry about it, that if was not listed as included on my shipping notice, to simply call and "they" would take care of it. She promised to make a note on my account...

This morning, the charging plate is not shown as having shipped to me, so I did call AT&T. The first AT&T rep said, "Nope, no charging plate for you. There were limited quantities and we ran out." I talked to supervisor Anton (#AC177D), and he said the same thing, "You missed out; they went fast!" Then, I talked to someone else who said they sold out within 6 hours, but he was no help and had no further info.

I placed my order at 3:02AM CST, which was just about the soonest that the "regular customer" order web site started working. So, even if they did, really, "run out" of stock, I placed my order in plenty of time to be entitled to a wireless charging plate.

Obviously, I am not done with this. I suggest anyone who is in my position, who ordered the 920 without seeing the charging plate on the accessories page, should start calling to verify their "promised" promotional charging plate.

What a clusterf-ck ordering this phone from AT&T has become...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, I went through the same issues as everyone else did early yesterday morning trying to get my Lumia 920 order past AT&T's dysfunctional web site.

While I was trying to order, I online chatted with several AT&T reps who all said they were having problems with the web site, and to either keep trying, or try again in an hour. As with everyone (other than Premier customers), I was unable to find the wireless charger on the accessories page to add to my order. Yesterday, I chatted with an AT&T rep, who said not to worry about it, that if was not listed as included on my shipping notice, to simply call and "they" would take care of it. She promised to make a note on my account...

This morning, the charging plate is not shown as having shipped to me, so I did call AT&T. The first AT&T rep said, "Nope, no charging plate for you. There were limited quantities and we ran out." I talked to supervisor Anton (#AC177D), and he said the same thing, "You missed out; they went fast!" Then, I talked to someone else who said they sold out within 6 hours, but he was no help and had no further info.

I placed my order at 3:02AM CST, which was just about the soonest that the "regular customer" order web site started working. So, even if they did, really, "run out" of stock, I placed my order in plenty of time to be entitled to a wireless charging plate.

Obviously, I am not done with this. I suggest anyone who is in my position, who ordered the 920 without seeing the charging plate on the accessories page, should start calling to verify their "promised" promotional charging plate.

What a clusterf-ck ordering this phone from AT&T has become...
Or like some have stated... it may actually be in your order.

Why not wait for your device to see if it comes with your order.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
The official announcement from AT&T said the free-charging pad promo goes until I january of 2013. I was able to order one (for free) yesterday afternoon on their website.

AT&T doesn't know what they are talking about (which is pretty normal at this point).

mattgrif

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, the three AT&T reps I talked to this morning said I wasn't getting it (no way), and missed the window.
I spoke with I think 6 people in all last night before I talked to someone who knew wtf they were saying. Just wait a bit see if it arrives with the phone, if not call and in a calm manor explain the situation.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The official announcement from AT&T said the free-charging pad promo goes until I january of 2013. I was able to order one (for free) yesterday afternoon on their website.

AT&T doesn't know what they are talking about (which is pretty normal at this point).

Maybe I missed the where the promo goes until Jan 2013. Can you please show me the quote? This is all I can find:

In addition to its 2000mAh battery ? the largest battery Nokia has put in a smartphone ? the Lumia 920 includes built-in wireless charging capabilities** for an easy, convenient way to get more out of every day. For a limited time and while supplies last, AT&T will also include a wireless charging plate ? free of charge ? with each purchase of a Lumia 920.

Windows Phone 8 Smartphones Arrive at AT&T Nov. 9; Pre-orders Begin Nov. 7 | AT&T

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
The window is january 2013, you are in the window. ifyou dont get it now, you can get it later when they replenish assuming it doesnt come in your package.

ATT reps are idiots, just keep that in mind.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
yeah just calm down haha. Even if they have to make more its just a plastic case with an inductive coil in it. Nokia really did something right on this. I would even say this is the equivalent to the surface being 299, honestly.

Plus like all retail chains, most people don't even know what they are talking about. They actual heard about the promotions on tv just like you haha.

Hypetrak

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
yeah just calm down haha. Even if they have to make more its just a plastic case with an inductive coil in it. Nokia really did something right on this. I would even say this is the equivalent to the surface being 299, honestly.

Plus like all retail chains, most people don't even know what they are talking about. They actual heard about the promotions on tv just like you haha.
I don't think anyone heard about the free charging pad promotion on tv.

Dang Pham

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get one either. Called 4 - 5 times and spoke to 6-7 reps. Sold out, limited quantity. BS! I ordered at 3am and the couldn't even see the charging plate.
Talked to their online sale rep finally and she said that all orders will get one shipped next week. Hopefully that will be true. AT&T need to release a statement explaining this ordeal.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The window is january 2013, you are in the window. ifyou dont get it now, you can get it later when they replenish assuming it doesnt come in your package.

That may be true for AT&T's "Premier" customers, but the firmness with which the various customer service reps--and their supervisors--told me very pointedly that the chargers were all gone, obviously has me worried. And pissed off...

"AT&T Premier customers, please step to the front of the line!"

SuddenlyDinosaur

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am not encouraged by this:

Dude, call this number: 1-866-499-8008

and bother them until they put a note on your account saying that you're entitles to a free charger when it gets in stock.

You have to get a qualifying plan with 300mb service or higher.

Nope. I got mine with 200mb plan. As long as you have a voice plan that is over $39 per month you should be fine.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
This is straight from AT&T's website. I'm a premier customer, and get a link to the offer details that I haven't found anywhere else on the site, but I don't think there is anything in the offer itself that says it's limited to premier customers.

Nokia Lumia 920 (High Gloss Red)
FREE Wireless Charging Plate offer. Purchase Nokia Lumia 920 and receive a FREE Nokia Wireless Charging Plate. Additional restrictions apply.

Limited-time offer. Offer runs through January 10, 2013 11:59 p.m. EST. Purchase Nokia Lumia 920 and receive a FREE Black Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate. Nokia Lumia 920 and Wireless Charging Plate must be added to the cart to qualify as it will not be automatically added or shipped. Flat Rate, FamilyTalk?, Add a Line, and Mobile Share plans are eligible. Upgrade customers may keep their existing data plans or move to new qualified data plans. Requires a qualified 2-year service agreement for both Corporate Responsibility Users (CRU) and Individual Responsibility Users (IRU) with activation on an AT&T voice plan with a Monthly Service Charge (MSC) of $39 or higher plus (i) for IRU a DataPlus Personal plan or other eligible data plan with MSC of $20 or higher; (ii) for IRU or CRU a DataPro Personal plan or other eligible data plan with MSC of $30 or higher; or (iii) a DataPro Enterprise plan or other eligible data plan with MSC of $45 or higher. On DataPro/DataPlus plans for Smartphone and iPhone, if you exceed your initial data allowance, you will automatically be charged an additional $10 for each additional 1GB provided on DataPro or an additional $20 for each additional 300MB provided on DataPlus. All data allowances, including overages, must be used in the billing period in which the allowance is provided. Access to corporate email, company intranet sites, and business applications requires a DataPro Enterprise plan. Offer cannot be combined with any other equipment promotion, discount, or other offer. Subject to availability limitations. Coverage and services not available everywhere.

Credit approval required. Activation Fee up to $36/line. Geographic, usage, and other terms, conditions and restrictions apply, and may result in service termination Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge up to $1.25/month is charged to help comply with government obligations and charges; it is not a tax or government required charge. Phone Return Policy/Cancellation Policy: See our complete return policy at AT&T Return Policy & Early Termination Fee - from AT&T. Early Termination Fee (att.com/equipmentETF): ETF up to $325 applies after 14 days (30 days for Corporate Responsibility Users under an AT&T business agreement). Independent agents may impose additional equipment-related charges. Sales tax calculated on unactivated price of handset. Cancellation Fee/Early Termination Fee subject to change.
Certain promotions may not be combined. Through Premier, AT&T will provide you the best promotional prices available with your selections. View promotion terms and conditions.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Dude, call this number: 1-866-499-8008

and bother them until they put a note on your account saying that you're entitles to a free charger when it gets in stock.
I can't tell you how many different numbers I've called. If you read my first post, you'll see that a rep did "put a note" on my account for the free plate.

The people I talked to today, supervisors included, said, "Oh, I see the note, but she didn't "promise" to get you a free charging pad. She promised to "try" and get you a free charging pad--if one were available. Which one is not, because you ordered too late and we ran out."

I'm serious. Two people in a row told me that.

SuddenlyDinosaur

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't tell you how many different numbers I've called. If you read my first post, you'll see that a rep did "put a note" on my account for the free plate.

The people I talked to today, supervisors included, said, "Oh, I see the note, but she didn't "promise" to get you a free charging pad. She promised to "try" and get you a free charging pad--if one were available. Which one is not, because you ordered too late and we ran out."

I'm serious. Two people in a row told me that.

Oh...Sorry man. That sucks. They really should have organized this better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)