Microsoft Stores not having the Lumia 920

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Just called my local MS Store and they're not having the Lumia 920 on Friday, didn't even said by when but they told me it was through AT&T, gee thx.

Wat8.jpg

Even if they had it on launch day most of the time they don't even know what colors they're going to receive or anything about the product, that was my experience with the Lumia 900.

It's like Apple stores not having the iPhone 5 on launch date, most MS stores have an Apple store in the same mall...

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
not exactly like apple...

apple makes the iphone... Nokia makes the lumia.

If the nokia store didn't have the lumia, that would be weird... but it presumes there are nokia stores, and there are not, atleast not in this country.

At this point, Microsoft is about as much in this loop as bestbuy, or any other 3rd party.

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
not exactly like apple...

apple makes the iphone... Nokia makes the lumia.

If the nokia store didn't have the lumia, that would be weird... but it presumes there are nokia stores, and there are not, atleast not in this country.

At this point, Microsoft is about as much in this loop as bestbuy, or any other 3rd party.

I know, it's just a small rant, AT&T is pretty much in control of this launch...

Marshalix

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I called the Lenox Mall Microsoft store today in Atlanta, and I was told they would have the 920 in on Monday. I also asked about available colors and she told me they wouldn't know what they were getting until they arrived on Monday. However she added that in her experience she expected they would get ALL available colors stating that was the way Microsoft usually did things.

I am pretty bummed because I really wanted to pick one up this Friday. However, it will be worth the wait to use all of the gift cards I racked up by participating in the "windows phone challenge" ;) and also the very slim chance that I may be able to pick up a grey 920.

Take that information for what you will... her words not mine.

The wait is almost over boys and girls.

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I called the Lenox Mall Microsoft store today in Atlanta, and I was told they would have the 920 in on Monday. I also asked about available colors and she told me they wouldn't know what they were getting until they arrived on Monday. However she added that in her experience she expected they would get ALL available colors stating that was the way Microsoft usually did things.

I am pretty bummed because I really wanted to pick one up this Friday. However, it will be worth the wait to use all of the gift cards I racked up by participating in the "windows phone challenge" ;) and also the very slim chance that I may be able to pick up a grey 920.

Take that information for what you will... her words not mine.

The wait is almost over boys and girls.

Yellow and Cyan are online exclusives, gray might come in the next months but it hasn't been announced officially if they said all colors, then it's white, black and red.

Can't trust MS Stores rly...

Marshalix

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yellow and Cyan are online exclusives, gray might come in the next months but it hasn't been announced officially if they said all colors, then it's white, black and red.

Can't trust MS Stores rly...
I actually asked specifically if ALL colors included grey and cyan... and she said yes. However I dont think she really knew what she was talking about at all. She did seem quite confident they would have the phone on Monday though. Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I am going to believe her on the availability date... I don't have much hope for grey though.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I stopped by the MS store today. The sales rep said they just were told today about the WP8 launch. He said AT&T first this weekend. He was going on and on about the 920 how he loved it. I ask if I could see one and he said they haven't arrived yet. I ask how he knew it was so great? He said because they Nokia rep was in last week with a 920 and 820. The other sales person was bummed out that he wasn't in when the rep was there so he never saw it yet. I specifically ask about yellow and he said I'll check, we he returned he said yes we will have yellow. So he was sure they'd have 920's this weekend maybe even tomorrow. Both sales people I talked to were very excited to get them. I'm sure those 2 guys will be pushing them to everyone. He gave me a card and said call at 10:00 tomorrow and I'll let you know if they are in yet.

BTW:

They also said all store sales reps will carry a 920 and use them to ring up customers. Very cool! :cool:

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
MS does have 920s

Took me a while but I finally got my 920. I originally preordered on the 7th from at&t and got a confirmation soon after the phone was ready to be shipped and was supposed to get it today. I check my account last night and all of a sudden my order was cancelled with no notification what so ever. After hours on the phone with a rep, they said they had no clue what happened and they couldn't do anything. So luckily, I work next to a at&t store, went in this morning, the cashier was about to ring me up and then found out I was purchasing it with the no commitment deal. When he found that out, he said they were not allowed to sell no commitments until 90 days after release.

So I ended up just going to the MS store down the street here in San Jose. I asked the employee when they would be getting the 920s in, she said she wasn't sure but they were taking preorders....to cut to the chase, when we went to preorder, she found out I could no longer do it because they had it in stock ready to buy. So it would be a good shot to hit your local MS store and make them dig in the back. Also, she contacted some official from MS, and was told the only the colors they are getting are black, white, cyan, and red.

oh! and no free wireless charger deal

LC

Last edited:

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Took me a while but I finally got my 920. I originally preordered on the 7th from at&t and got a confirmation soon after the phone was ready to be shipped and was supposed to get it today. I check my account last night and all of a sudden my order was cancelled with no notification what so ever. After hours on the phone with a rep, they said they had no clue what happened and they couldn't do anything. So luckily, I work next to a at&t store, went in this morning, the cashier was about to ring me up and then found out I was purchasing it with the no commitment deal. When he found that out, he said they were not allowed to sell no commitments until 90 days after release.

So I ended up just going to the MS store down the street here in San Jose. I asked the employee when they would be getting the 920s in, she said she wasn't sure but they were taking preorders....to cut to the chase, when we went to preorder, she found out I could no longer do it because they had it in stock ready to buy. So it would be a good shot to hit your local MS store and make them dig in the back. Also, she contacted some official from MS, and was told the only the colors they are getting are black, white, cyan, and red.

oh! and no free wireless charger deal

LC

Did your MS store sell the 920 unlocked? If so, how much?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Not all Microsoft Stores are having this problem. Microsoft Store in Austin, TX has their Lumia 920's in (according to one of their store reps on the phone. I have yet to go in personally).

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Not all Microsoft Stores are having this problem. Microsoft Store in Austin, TX has their Lumia 920's in (according to one of their store reps on the phone. I have yet to go in personally).

Talked to a rep there, as well. she went to look at the stock and said they just received their shipment. She said all colors are there except yellow. I should of ordered from Microsoft but I guess the wireless charger was a good deal.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Stores will sell yellow starting next week. At least this is what MSFT sales guy told me.

They've told me random things all day... one said check back tomorrow, another said check on the 18th, another said "within one to two weeks." I wish they would just say they don't know if they don't know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros