How do I buy from AT&T without renewing contract?

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I want to purchase 2 lumia 920 devices (one white, one blue) from AT&T at the $449.99 price; however, when I try to buy them it will only let me select the preorder at $99.99 with a contract renewal. Am I overlooking something obvious or is there no way to pre-order the phone without renewing my contract?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
This confused me too...

What you need to do is log in with your AT&T ID and go to "upgrade" your phone instead.

Then you choose "no commitment" in the drop down menu, then check the box on the next screen to select the line and go to check out.

Hope that helps.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This confused me too...

What you need to do is log in with your AT&T ID and go to "upgrade" your phone instead.

Then you choose "no commitment" in the drop down menu, then check the box on the next screen to select the line and go to check out.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! Unfortunately that's not doing anything for me. Here's my steps:

1) Login
2) Select "I want to... check upgrade options"
3) Click on the line I want to check the upgrade on
4) Get taken to the "AT&T Upgrader" page, message at top says: You're eligible for an upgrade at a discounted price.
5) Click on "Smartphones" in bottom right.
6) No drop down to select no commitment :( (see photo)

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I figure it out... sort of. Can't do it online if you are a premier customer apparently. So I went to the store and bought two off contract. Now I just have to wait until January when my contract ends so I can switch to Straight Talk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss