Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I am so FURIOUS. I got a shipping notification from AT&T stating that my phone was shipped on the 7th via USPS. I was happy assuming I would get it on the 9th. But when I actually wanted to track the shipment, I was disappointed to see that they shipped it via USPS which does not have real time tracking.

Today, when I actually wanted to track the package with the tracking number they gave me, USPS system did not recognize the number. I called the post office to see what was wrong... they said... the package was not even picked up by USPS... if it were the system would've recognized the number.

I called AT&T immediately to ask them What the **** went wrong and identify the right number... Those idiots couldn't do ****. All they were able to tell me was.. that my package was shipped as far as their systems are concerned and I cannot cancel my order once it's already shipped. The only thing I can do is, once I receive the package, I can return it in the store.

I spent over $480.00 and pre-ordered a Black NL 920 with the hope I would get it tomorrow and these bastards messed it so badly, that I cannot even pick one up tomorrow since they already charged my CC on the 7th, and nobody has a F***in clue where the **** my device is. And I did not even care for the Free wireless charger that they promised which did not come up in my order or could not even find it in the accessory section.

F U AT&T.. the worst launch ever for a Flagship device.
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 11-16-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Change title
    Developer

and if you try to return it you will get charged a restocking fee

you need to way way calm down lol. Before getting all pissed off and angry (which let me promise you, is the best way to get 0 real insight from a CS rep), you should probably understand that USPS is delivery confirmation, not tracking. And it rarely updates in anything resembling real time to anything. The USPS people probably have access to the same information that you have... they see what you see and if necessary, will defer blame for your anger onto the other party just to get you off the phone and not be mad at them.

AT&T is certainly not fabricating tracking numbers, so if they gave you a tracking number, it means your getting a phone, and sooner rather than later.

Now, I cant promise itll get to you tomorrow vs sat (USPS does do sat delivery remember), or even Tuesday. but its on its way to you.

As for your free accessory... if you placed an order without it attached... that's on you. By most accounts, people that are courteous with the ATT reps seem to be getting credited for a free charger after the fact. Or Nokia is offering them as well.

Its a phone, itll get to you soon, just take a deep breath, crack a beer, and hope for the best tomorrow.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    ... Why don't you wait til tomorrow before you get pissed. USPS has ****ty tracking.

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Par for the course. Att is a disaster with every single thing they do.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    vizagdude and Stadifer like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bauerbach View Post
    Its a phone, itll get to you soon, just take a deep breath, crack a beer, and hope for the best tomorrow.
    This.
    I had a similar situation happen to me when I bought a digital camera and SDcard about a year ago. The card got lost in the mail, even though the USPS claimed it was delivered. I called Staples, which was where I ordered it and the camera from, and they were very helpful. They shipped out a new card and didn't charge me extra. I would check to see what happens with the USPS and then if the status is that your phone has shipped but you don't physically have it, then call AT&T again. They can't just screw you over.

A disaster? Considering they hooked me up with an early upgrade at the 2 year price, plus when I called today to ask if the charge plate was included with my order promptly added it at no charge, I'd not call that a disaster. I'll get my phone tomorrow, and my charge plate next week.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Etyrnus View Post
    A disaster? Considering they hooked me up with an early upgrade at the 2 year price, plus when I called today to ask if the charge plate was included with my order promptly added it at no charge, I'd not call that a disaster. I'll get my phone tomorrow, and my charge plate next week.
    Unfortunately I think you are the exception and not the rule :(
    riffraffy likes this.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    You mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by bauerbach View Post
    you need to way way calm down lol. Before getting all pissed off and angry (which let me promise you, is the best way to get 0 real insight from a CS rep), you should probably understand that USPS is delivery confirmation, not tracking. And it rarely updates in anything resembling real time to anything. The USPS people probably have access to the same information that you have... they see what you see and if necessary, will defer blame for your anger onto the other party just to get you off the phone and not be mad at them.

AT&T is certainly not fabricating tracking numbers, so if they gave you a tracking number, it means your getting a phone, and sooner rather than later.

Now, I cant promise itll get to you tomorrow vs sat (USPS does do sat delivery remember), or even Tuesday. but its on its way to you.

As for your free accessory... if you placed an order without it attached... that's on you. By most accounts, people that are courteous with the ATT reps seem to be getting credited for a free charger after the fact. Or Nokia is offering them as well.

bauerbach is 100% correct with everything he said.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Att not for the faint of heart,
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It's an effing phone. You are having a heart attack over a phone. Yes, you spent money, but you would have spent the money whether it shows up tomorrow, Saturday or Tuesday. AT&T knows this, otherwise why go through the hassle of ordering it?

At this point yelling at customer service means you are screwing the proverbial pooch. Even if there was something seriously wrong with the order, do you think these reps get paid to do much more beyond the basic levels? No - so if you get mad or think about yelling just don't. If you find yourself spinning your wheels hang up and call again in a few. Not worth fighting them over the phone. ****, I fight enough on the phone for the company I work for and I'm paid to do it. AT&T isn't compensating me to fight with their staff.
    palandri likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I'm trying to figure out where this is AT&T's fault. They said it shipped on their end.

I think every one that's complaining on this site is getting you to do the same. USPS is the lastttttttttttttttttttt courier I would ever trust with tracking info. They are the worst!

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    I'm trying to figure out where this is AT&T's fault. They said it shipped on their end.

I think every one that's complaining on this site is getting you to do the same. USPS is the lastttttttttttttttttttt courier I would ever trust with tracking info. They are the worst!
    The problem is that it's At&t. Who knows if they shipped it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by evilrobot View Post
    Unfortunately I think you are the exception and not the rule :(
    Maybe, but since I work in a customer service call center myself, I stay polite and don't get threatening. I wasn't even expecting them to do it, I just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, and then they did it. I even told the rep I understood if they couldn't. Little things go a long way when you call in.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    If the device shows shipped via USPS then it has been shipped... As someone else said it isn't a tracking number per-say but a delivery confirmation. Even if it was tracking USPS does not do a good job in that department.

To that end it is entirely possible that the package has not been picked up yet and registered in the USPS system. Most pick ups are at the end of the business day and don't get updated in the system until the truck returns to the sorting facility.

I fail to see how they f'ed up your order. I have the same situation on my end and it clearly was shipped and is en route. I'd like to have an ETA but USPS doesn't work like FedEx or UPS. I'm guessing it shows up Saturday or Tuesday... I'll be shocked if it here on Friday, surprised if it makes it Saturday, not surprised if it shows up Tuesday.

Also, USPS "tracking numbers" can take up to 48 hours to show in their system. There have been times they delivered before it was even trackable
    palandri likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    The problem is that it's At&t. Who knows if they shipped it or not.
    Alright. Because you say it's AT&T's fault, it's AT&T's fault?

The amount of packages I get delivered via USPS, FedEx and UPS, I know that USPS is the most unreliable of them all!

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    Also, USPS "tracking numbers" can take up to 48 hours to show in their system. There have been times they delivered before it was even trackable
    This happens to me A LOT.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTripp View Post
    This happens to me A LOT.

I'm hoping that my phone shows up tomorrow or Saturday before their system can get updated. That would be pretty awesome. I'm just happy there is a box with my name carrying my phone in a truck headed to Washington.

Im pissed because art won't sent my phone until Monday, and it was suppose to arrive the 9th until it got shipped in which I could no longer cancel, if they would have told me before I would have canceled and picked it up in the store and I ordered soon as preorders went up and happen to be a premier customer, and I called before it was shipped and they kept assuring me it would be here Friday and 2 hrs later its coming late, I wouldn't have preordersd to get my stuff late especially since its available in every store one of the rep even hung up on me I can't get credit or nothing, it wouldn't be an issue except I work out owlf town and won't get it till the following weekend, I wasn't even allowed to upgrade my shipping to receive it Saturday

I agree with others, calm down and wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Now I feel better after the RANT. That was the whole point. There is no logic or reasoning for RANTS.

I know it's not a big deal, it's only a phone and my life will not stop. But when I am told that my phone will be delivered tomorrow and the tracking number they gave is useless, I obviously get upset. And I have every right to get frustrated when I called them and they have no clue how to help me.

That's all. But by the end of the day... AT&T really messed it up. Every one of us have high expectations on this device and obviously would like to lay our hand on this baby the first chance we get. And when you realize that chance is gone.., you get to RANT.

Yes, I am having a glass of wine, watching the Republicans RANT on TV while I am typing this message :P

But I appreciate every one, for their 2 cents on this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast