Do we all agree ATT screwed up the pre-order/launch of the 920 badly?

ky Phan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think i've gone through so many hoops to find out if my pre-order was successful and that I would get it on launch date.

Had to call in 4 times to get ATT premier to process the order (I did pre-order within the 1st hour). No sign of shipment since 10:30am this morning, so I had to cancel so that I can walk into a store to buy it tomorrow. They couldn't tell me when the item would ship.

I hope once I port over from Verizon, customer service won't be this terrible.

At the end of the day, I really hope Nokia comes back up and becomes a major player in the mobile phone arena again.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
ya know... obviously the fact that there were about 39 rumored launch dates that were all not true made me very frustrated... but that's behind me now.

as for this prerelease, it was far from smooth. but despite my sudden volume of reading and posting here... trying to get some confirmation that things were ok... and the communication being very very lousy.

Im getting a phone tomorrow... and at the end of it all... that's kinda what matters.

Surely could have been a bit smoother to get there.

ky Phan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
my biggest rant is from the fact that they advertised "delivery on Nov 9th" yet so many of us have no idea if our orders will ship.

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Undoubtedly. I'm shocked that they can have this much internal confusion about anything. The fact that their network actually works blows me away. I guess the standards people are to thank for that.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey, you could've pre-ordered it through Best Buy with gift cards on Oct 21 and still see 'in process/backordered' for your order status...

If I hadn't used gift cards, rewardzone points, and wouldn't be getting $50.00 to upgrade at best buy I'd have cancelled my order and just ordered it online through AT&T...

sinistar25

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
They must be one of the most clueless companies I've dealt with. Today, 2 workers at my local store said the 920 will be launched on Sunday the 11th, they even still insisted that after telling them it's all over the web it's on the 9th. I then called an AT&T store 30 miles away, the guy said they'll be on the shelves tomorrow lol.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If you are basing the success/failure of the L920 launch on the forums, it may very well have been a mediocre launch with limited successes and pretty sizeable failures. If you are considering the general public at large, no. It wasn't a failure. Actually I would suspect this was par for the course.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If tomorrow comes and the phones aren't available, then I would say this is a screwed up launch. Short of total fandom on the message board, the official story is OS Previewed in June, phone announced by Nokia in Sept, WP8 launched at the end of Oct. AT&T announces phone availability on Tuesday, preorder goes live on Wednesday and general availability is on Friday.

The shipping may not be perfect, but I had several horror stories from coworkers not getting their iphone5 when they ordered it.

Overall, I inisist it is anticipation that has everyone worked up, this launch will be a great boon for MS, Nokia and Windows Phone 8.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
my biggest rant is from the fact that they advertised "delivery on Nov 9th" yet so many of us have no idea if our orders will ship.
I can almost guarantee it said "expected to arrive on or around 11/09/12. So where does it say it will be the 9th?

People are getting worked up for nothing. I'm gonna go to the store and pick mine up if I don't get it tomorrow as I have multiple upgrades available.

ky Phan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I can almost guarantee it said "expected to arrive on or around 11/09/12. So where does it say it will be the 9th?

People are getting worked up for nothing. I'm gonna go to the store and pick mine up if I don't get it tomorrow as I have multiple upgrades available.
people preorder for the sake of not having to step foot into store.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
called numerous times to premier

all i got was "not sure when it will ship"

I'll just have to go to the store tomorrow.

But it will is my point. They can't guarantee you anything. No one can. If they don't, they're liars or they warehouse and courier are the next two houses next to yours.

If you get it next Tuesday, you avoided the store... No?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

mtbush

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what type of reaction your looking for here, but I'm sure responses are going to fall under 1 of 2 categories...

1. those that preordered early (12AM launch on the 7th) and have shipped
2. those that waited until mid-morning/afternoon on the 7th (pending/back ordered)

luckily I fall under option 1, and although I sympathize with those that fall under option 2 please keep in mind these are still first world problems....take a deep breath, go for a walk, hang out with friends/family/loved ones and I'm sure you'll feel a lot better about the whole situation

ky Phan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
But it will is my point. They can't guarantee you anything. No one can. If they don't, they're liars or they warehouse and courier are the next two houses next to yours.

If you get it next Tuesday, you avoided the store... No?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
i didn't get my point across very well

the point of a pre-order is to get it on launch date and avoid a "line" or "crowd"

ATT didn't do a great job of this preorder since not many people will get theirs delivered tomorrow.

The statement of delivery on/around the 9th can be misleading also. November 20th could be around the 9th...

ky Phan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what type of reaction your looking for here, but I'm sure responses are going to fall under 1 of 2 categories...

1. those that preordered early (12AM launch on the 7th) and have shipped
2. those that waited until mid-morning/afternoon on the 7th (pending/back ordered)

luckily I fall under option 1, and although I sympathize with those that fall under option 2 please keep in mind these are still first world problems....take a deep breath, go for a walk, hang out with friends/family/loved ones and I'm sure you'll feel a lot better about the whole situation
some of us ordered at 12am and have not received much in updates

shard#WP

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
In response to the question posed in the title...

No. You're forgetting the silent majority.

There are too many parties involved, AT&T, Nokia and MSFT to some degree. Apple has so much more control over their releases and yet they still have issues.

It could always be better. Yet, it could always be worse.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't agree at all. Did they have an issue with their computers and orders? Yes. When I called they handled it and even gave me extra $36 by waiving the activation fee.

I understand that everyone didn't have a great experience. I also understand that many people are impatient and really can't handle problems well. Anyone who deals with customers understands that. Read some of the post and you hear things like I called or I'm going to call and demand this. Those are the people who usually are never happy no matter what they get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo