Do we all agree ATT screwed up the pre-order/launch of the 920 badly?

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
As far as the pre-order went, at&t completely screwed the pooch for mine. First the online order process wouldn't let me keep my current family plan for voice. It wanted me to choose either a shared plan or a new individual plan. Then after about a 30 minute wait for premier customer service to tell me what the problem was, they hung up on me. After calling back and sitting on hold for another 45 minutes, they hung up on me again. This all began at 9:00am on the 7th. By 1:00pm I finally got someone on the phone to take my order for the 920 and the free charging plate. I was promised that the activation fee would be waived because of the problems encountered and that my shipment was going to be guaranteed overnight so it would arrive on Friday as promised.

Phone and charging plate were shipped separately by USPS and not overnight delivery. Charging plate arrived on Saturday and I'm still waiting on the delivery of my phone, although it is supposed to arrive today.

Upside to all of this is that I called and filed a complaint with at&t and threatened to drop all service with them completely. Also informed them that the only thing that has ever separated them from the competition, for me, was their excellent customer service, which they failed miserably at this time around. Service rep was super apologetic and seemed genuinely surprised about the shipping because she said they area only supposed to use Fedex or UPS, and not the mail service. Once all was said and done, at&t gave me a $200 credit on my next billing cycle as compensation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire