Video comparison of Lumia 920 to various phones

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
looks awesome.. I think it hass made camcorder also obselete i mean for casual videos. OIS and the software is amazing.. I looked at 8X and it is ok but struggling and makes my eye strain with all the shaking:)

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. To see the high quality make sure to change the youtube video settings to 1080p. Nevertheless, you can still clearly see that the Lumia 920 adjusts way faster to light change compared to the 8x. The colors are also more dull on the 8x.

...if only the 920 was available for Verizon.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
looks awesome.. I think it hass made camcorder also obselete i mean for casual videos. OIS and the software is amazing.. I looked at 8X and it is ok but struggling and makes my eye strain with all the shaking:)
I agree. The new camera phones now have done away with needing, really a P&S camera for casual picture taking and video taking.

Still, I had a friend that went to Shanghai and she took a nice panorama picture from her iphone of the city down around the river at early evening. Nice picture, but could have been something you would be proud to frame if taken with a DLSR (or even a high-end P&S as long as you aren't getting too big with the photo).

You just can't beat sensor size, optics, dynamic range, depth of field etc when taking photos you really care about. Snapshots? What is being generated by these phones is pretty great. Nokia seems to have the advantage right now on Video and shots requiring image stabilization. Just get that software update out so we can put the current daytime shot drama to bed ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3