Best and cheapest way to get a factory unlocked lumia 920 in the states?

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If you know me i hate the subsidized model, i also hate how the carriers overprice them off contract. so ideally I am going to do straight from the manufacturer from here on out. Also prepaid prices are much more within reason but i want hspa+ speeds atleast not hspa which is so 2008. yes i am not impatient but i also don't want to kill my battery having video's take more than a minuet to load over the cell towers. So straight talk for me is out of the question. Besides i am eyeing the monthly 4g plans on t-mobile for decent speeds without worrying of being kicked off the network for being a bandwidth hog. my last phone before my focus was the motorola atrix which had faster speeds but crappier software. you get the point..

And yes i have checked into the nexus 4, already own a nexus 7 that needs repair so i was considering it and then loosing interest. The price is cheap but i think i would rather invest into an ecosystem where its an os designed for each and everyone of our lives instead of all of our lives. that's not me being cultivated to what Joe Belfioure said, Its the honest to god truth even if android is less locked down, windows will always be the most people centric ecosystem with its re sizable live tiles and variety in hardware.

keep in mind i want to keep this purchase as close to the att off contract price as possible. cheers and thanks for the information :happy:

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to rant but there is a clear difference between my forum post and the one about nexus 4 vs lumia 920. i am determined to get the 920 and i am trying to use these forums to collect as much options as possible that i might not be seeing on google.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
From what I currently see, the cheapest price for factory unlocked is $649. However, that model won't work with T-Mobile HSDPA+. The price range for unlocked 920 is 649 - 799. Most of these models are not confirm to have 1700 Mhz. However, there are Roger version and dev version. Dev version can be between 799 -1100, so it is very expensive, but it is definitely work with 4G on T-Mobile. Roger version is less than dev and mostly cheaper in some place, but we are not for sure that they will have AWS band like some early devices.

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
From what I currently see, the cheapest price for factory unlocked is $649. However, that model won't work with T-Mobile HSDPA+. The price range for unlocked 920 is 649 - 799. Most of these models are not confirm to have 1700 Mhz. However, there are Roger version and dev version. Dev version can be between 799 -1100, so it is very expensive, but it is definitely work with 4G on T-Mobile. Roger version is less than dev and mostly cheaper in some place, but we are not for sure that they will have AWS band like some early devices.
Im almost wanting to rethink my options. i walked into my local AT&T store after getting off from school today. man i was so excited for this until i actually played with it... its a good device and all i guess its just all the carrier pre-loaded crap left me with bad impressions plus they only had black and white to play with. Diffidently not a very modern design just very minimalist. But then i guess spending 2 weeks with the dark side hack for my focus to get 7.8 on it i got bored. Am i the only one who thinks this? I will need to see grey first before i make a final decision but the way it works is not a radical departure from my focus. i have to admit the build quality is really solid though :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3