Got an early upgrade for 99.99

jen35

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So this is what happened.

I have an iphone 4s and do not have an early upgrade option, so I called up ATT after seeing couple of people in this forum got an early upgrade.

Rep 1: Called in the morning and ATT rep told me that the best price that he could offer is 225, told him few people got a better offer , then he reduced it to 199 and he was not ready to go below that, so I hung up.

Rep 2: Called again in the afternoon and was connected to a lady, I asked her about early upgrade very calmly , she checked and offered 199 deal , told her that few of my friends got it for 99 , then she again verified the system and she was able to get the 99 deal this time. Gave all the info and placed the order and you know what she even waived off upgrade and shipping charges by herself.

Was so happy but when I saw the order details in Terms & Conditions page the shipping was wrong, so called up again.

Rep 3: This time it was a guy , he told that he cannot edit the order so he had to cancel and place it again , I asked him to proceed(during the call he was continuously asking on how I got this deal as I am with ATT for only less than 2 years). I asked about the upgrade and shipping fee and he told that he cannot waive these two , he was not ready to accept that my previous order didn't even have that. anyways I asked him to proceed with that (99.99 + tax + shipping + upgrade fee).

This time they again messed up the shipping address, so called again.

Rep 4: Explained all the details , he was so polite and did everything properly. He waived off upgrade and shipping fee, paid a total of $105.

Accepted the T&C and now waiting for the shipping details :)

So it's all about the ATT rep to whom we are speaking to.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
So this is what happened.

I have an iphone 4s and do not have an early upgrade option, so I called up ATT after seeing couple of people in this forum got an early upgrade.

Rep 1: Called in the morning and ATT rep told me that the best price that he could offer is 225, told him few people got a better offer , then he reduced it to 199 and he was not ready to go below that, so I hung up.

Rep 2: Called again in the afternoon and was connected to a lady, I asked her about early upgrade very calmly , she checked and offered 199 deal , told her that few of my friends got it for 99 , then she again verified the system and she was able to get the 99 deal this time. Gave all the info and placed the order and you know what she even waived off upgrade and shipping charges by herself.

Was so happy but when I saw the order details in Terms & Conditions page the shipping was wrong, so called up again.

Rep 3: This time it was a guy , he told that he cannot edit the order so he had to cancel and place it again , I asked him to proceed(during the call he was continuously asking on how I got this deal as I am with ATT for only less than 2 years). I asked about the upgrade and shipping fee and he told that he cannot waive these two , he was not ready to accept that my previous order didn't even have that. anyways I asked him to proceed with that (99.99 + tax + shipping + upgrade fee).

This time they again messed up the shipping address, so called again.

Rep 4: Explained all the details , he was so polite and did everything properly. He waived off upgrade and shipping fee, paid a total of $105.

Accepted the T&C and now waiting for the shipping details :)

So it's all about the ATT rep to whom we are speaking to.

Congrats! Sounds like a sweet deal with all the fees waived. :)

I do wonder if anyone has completed their order by phone with only 1 phone call though. All I hear about are people having to call multiple times to get it right.

mtbush

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
AT&T has always done me right into terms of early upgrades, I was having tons of issues with the 3GS and was out of warranty, the let me upgrade early to 2yr pricing on iPhone 4 w/ minimal hassle

congrats

tlegend2012

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
just got an early Upgrade... My upgrade month should be may 2013 I got an upgrade for $130.80 ...1st rep i spoke to... He said it takes 2 people to do this..he spoke with his manager and she put her approval code...

Total is $130.80..

mattgrif

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
just got an early Upgrade... My upgrade month should be may 2013 I got an upgrade for $130.80 ...1st rep i spoke to... He said it takes 2 people to do this..he spoke with his manager and she put her approval code...

Total is $130.80..

Humm, if my store doesn't have Cyan tomorrow I might try pulling this off with Customer Care, even though I've had horrible experiences.

jsgross

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I just got off the phone. 5AM on Friday. First rep offered me early upgrade for $222. I asked for $99. He came down by $100. I asked to waive shipping and activation and tax. He did the activation and shipping but charged tax. Then he gave me a credit for the tax on my bill. I was happy with the $122 and didn't want to waste ages on the phone, so I took the $122.

Ordered white. I hope the 900 case fits over it.:)

jen35

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I preordered at 3am yesterday and they would not give me a charger!!! This is ridiculous!
Once you get the order details call them again to see if they can provide you the charger , tell them they were suppose to add but missed it.

For me they missed to add in the order, I called them again yesterday night and guess what the ATT rep I spoke to gave me the charger of phone color(yellow) itself for free

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
going to go in a store and see if they will offer me an early upgrade from my L900. if not i will try the phone way.

BTW, for you guys that got it done on the phone, did you just continue your current contract/plan, or do you need to sign a new 2 yr contract starting the day you paid for the L920?

jen35

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
going to go in a store and see if they will offer me an early upgrade from my L900. if not i will try the phone way.

BTW, for you guys that got it done on the phone, did you just continue your current contract/plan, or do you need to sign a new 2 yr contract starting the day you paid for the L920?
It was a new 2 year contract

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
i wonder if the differences in the prices people got also reflected how long they were in their existing contracts.

how many months in were you in the prior contract?

It's possible. The 1 year extension is actually 199$, similar to what other people have been getting. So maybe those who got it for 199$ they were signed into a 1 year contract?

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Second store said the same. Basically $250 for early upgrade plus 99 for the 2yr. So 350 total. I have lumia 900 since April.

Last edited:

tlegend2012

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Second store said the same. Basically $250 for sale upgrade plus 99 for the 2yr. So 350 total. I have lumia 900 since April.
Stores will not be able to proccess an early upgrade!!! Call 1800 and explain and mention that you would like to sign a new contract if you get the new phone,also stay calm... try to have a convo with the rep.. My upgrade month is may 2013 and i got it yesterday for 130.80... he did the early upgrade right away

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Stores will not be able to proccess an early upgrade!!! Call 1800 and explain and mention that you would like to sign a new contract if you get the new phone,also stay calm... try to have a convo with the rep.. My upgrade month is may 2013 and i got it yesterday for 130.80... he did the early upgrade right away

called 800 number, said my upgrade date is 11/2013, so they cant do anything since it is so far away. But the ATT store people didn't have any problems with that.

I'm curious what other people's upgrade dates are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)