AAWP - Lumia 920 hardware review

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I was just reading the review, havnt fully read it all yet.
As noted though, this is just the first part of a multipart review.
I do expect a similar thoroughness to the other parts also, especially the camera review.

Rafe, Steve and the others have established a a couple of very well respected sites. Their podcasts are well worth listening to, not just constant arguing as you may get in other sites.
The AAWP site has been one of the sites I frequent for well written news and reviews around WP

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Blah, heavier than a brick isn't bias. And of course EVERYONE knows its a joke. What makes you think someone would care why its heavy. Heavy is heavy.

Explaining to me why a TV remote have 190 buttons doesn't change the fact that it has 190 buttons.

Of course it's heavy and thick. Nokia isn't known for make phones with slim profiles. I don't recall ever seeing a smartphone from then that was thin and light. That's not their strong point.

keizka

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Blah, heavier than a brick isn't bias. And of course EVERYONE knows its a joke. What makes you think someone would care why its heavy. Heavy is heavy.

Explaining to me why a TV remote have 190 buttons doesn't change the fact that it has 190 buttons.

Of course it's heavy and thick. Nokia isn't known for make phones with slim profiles. I don't recall ever seeing a smartphone from then that was thin and light. That's not their strong point.
Joke enough to dock points in reviews?

Also, heavy is *very* subjective.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Heavy is also relative, and for cell phone weight going by today's standards, its heavy.

I have yet to see a review from a non-fan site saying it wasn't heavy.
Joke enough to dock points in reviews?

Also, heavy is *very* subjective.
LOL, if that's not a bias review, then BGR are really WP7 fans and hate the iPhone.

Last edited:

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
All we need now is GSMarena and anandtech .. I really wouldn't even bother reading the rest of them.

The only reason I might be interested in this is because I want to see if the glass can handle the overall weight of the phone. The chassis itself is obviously very strong, but the weight it carries won't help the glass on impact..

I always enjoy Anandtech reviews they always seem to be the least biased ones out there.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Just left the AT&T store played with a 920. Ok, the weight issue is overblown by mammoth proportions!

I really couldn't tell the difference between my 900 and the 920.

And sorry Winterfang. It blows the 8X out the water. The 8X is arkward.

Last edited:

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Of course it's heavy and thick. N.

I have handled the phone and it is not heavy. It may weigh more than the other phone, but it is 6.5 ounces. That is not heavy. It is 1 or 2 ounces heavier than other current smart phones, but remember we are talking ounces.

I was truly a little worried, because some of the sites were saying how heavy. One lady claimed you needed two hands. Her review was ridicules. Maybe this review goes too far in the other direction. One thing I do not like in reviews is scores. Give me the facts. I will decide what I like and do not like. Tell me the weight, tell me how it compares. Tell me about the apps that are there and ones that may be missing. Don't just say the app store is bad. I do not do Instagram and do not care about it. I care that I have my banking app. I care I have a Google voice app. Because what is important to me is not what is important to them. I think some people believe they are bias because the put so much weight on things we do not find important.

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Okay so the oblong "metal" area around the camera is now ceramic? I had no idea! This makes me excited, I was worried about getting a ton of scratches. The ceramic would help, correct?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3